More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 03:11:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Too lazy for Sim Surgery?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Too lazy for Sim Surgery?  (Read 10718 times)
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
Too lazy for Sim Surgery?
« on: 2006 July 18, 20:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Christianlov, or however you spell the name, made a mirror that has the same functionality of Sim Surgery, except you can use it in game.

Copy Sim Mirror

Also, it apparently overwrites the face structure data of the receiving sim, so you don't have to go in and fix it like you do from plastic surgery.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Too lazy for Sim Surgery?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 18, 22:20:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But it has the same problem of SimPe's surgery, being that it requires a complete "donor" sim from which the facial structure/makeup/clothing is copied from.

It's obviously more handy to do it in-game, but you either have the burden of deleting the donor sim, or you risk having a Neighborhood Of The Clones!

Quote from: Christianlov
4. I think it won't change DNA or genes and it doesn't work on skintone at the moment.
If implemented, that would be the most useful feature of this object. It appears Christianlov is working on that part, let's hope he can fix it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 18, 22:48:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you thought having to do simSurgery was bad, try deleting an unwanted sim you made!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 18, 22:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it will be handy for making identical twins from fraternal twins, or making little suzi a spitting image of what grandma used to look like. You can do it in SIMpe, but it will be nice to just be able to do it on the fly without having to exit the game and load SIMpe and all that jazz.

Or identical cousins!
* liegenschonheit walks off humming themesong
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 18, 23:35:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patty Duke! Oh my god/dess/es! I'd totally forgotten about that show!

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 19, 00:18:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But they're cousins,
Identical cousins and you'll find,
They laugh alike, they walk alike,
At times they even talk alike —
You can lose your mind,
When cousins are two of a kind.

* starrling walks away giggling as people desperately try to get the song out of their heads

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 19, 01:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, cousins from two pairs of identical twins are effectively genetic siblings.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 19, 02:56:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However it's not genetic so if you breed with the patient, your children would have a high chance of being ugly.  And you still have to create a Sim to use, put them in the neighborhood and then go back and delete that Sim.  And if you want to delete their file, that could cause a mess of problems.

I really hate having to go through Sim Surgery but until Maxis gives us a Create-a-Townie tool, I still find it the best way to fix ugly townies.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 July 19, 03:52:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it could be made genetic, I'd definitely use it, though. Making all the Sims would be a hassle, but a lot less of a hassle than making the Sims AND doing that genetic stuff in SimPE.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 July 19, 05:58:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need a create a townie tool. You just need some shrubbery and patience. Tongue
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 July 19, 14:23:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a bit confused really as to how this makes things easier.  All I do to get rid of crappy townies is download a Sim I like from wherever, unzip their character file into Saved Sims, go into TS2 Enhancer and import the file.  That's it.  Done.  Finito.  Much quicker, easier and safer than SimPE because no character needs to be made and put into the game.  I don't even need to go into the game at all.  As for the genetics, I alter them next time I am in TS2 Enhancer and the facial structure file alters itself.  I altered the vast majority of my new townies this way - finding the new ones and downloading them took several hours as I wanted 'different' faces and had to search, but adding them into the game (about a dozen of them) took 5 minutes at the most.  I can do this whenever I get fed-up of the look of a townie, or if I want to update their appearance to a new version.  It literally takes minutes to do. 

I don't know why SimPE doesn't have an option to take character data from BodyShop files, because this makes it SO much easier and quicker and totally avoids the need to create a donor Sim and then have all the bother of getting rid of them afterwards  and as I said before, it isn't even necessary to go into the game.  If I hadn't already done so, I would gladly pay for TS2 Enhancer just to get this option, because it really is worth its weight in gold. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 July 19, 14:50:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why SimPE doesn't have an option to take character data from BodyShop files [...]

It has (sort of), but it's still unfinished. Symptoms of its unawsomeness are unlit sims, and sims swimming or working out in everyday clothes Tongue

Merged 20-07-2006:
It appears the Christianlov has created another mirror that can change the skintone of a sim.

But it can only use the standard Maxian skins, and it still doesn't change the DNA, so it's a skin change done the Michael Jackson way Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2006 July 25, 14:57:53 by Theo » Logged
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 July 20, 21:47:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, for those of us sad simmers who toil SimPE-less, this is still pretty useful.  I have a few sims whom I unintentionally created with custom skins.  Normally, I avoid custom genetics for sims whose purpose is to breed, but while they await their turn to be culled, I can change their skins to shiny new defaults.  Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 July 21, 05:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It appears the Christianlov has created another mirror that can change the skintone of a sim.

But it can only use the standard Maxian skins, and it still doesn't change the DNA, so it's a skin change done the Michael Jackson way Cheesy
On the other hand, maybe it means I can get the Numenorian Skin Cancer Machine to actually do something.

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 July 21, 05:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I hadn't already done so, I would gladly pay for TS2 Enhancer just to get this option, because it really is worth its weight in gold. 

And for those who don't want to pay for it, there's always the crack.

Fail.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 July 21, 05:37:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It has (sort of), but it's still unfinished. Symptoms of its unawsomeness are unlit sims, and sims swimming or working out in everyday clothes Tongue
Theo, you get a gold star for mentioning that!

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Sam
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 July 27, 19:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why SimPE doesn't have an option to take character data from BodyShop files [...]

I've tried that and had neither Smiley Well, the second I didn't give a chance to happen, cos I re-planned his outfits; all I'm saying is, for me at least it works like a dream, thanks for that Smiley

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 July 27, 19:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used the mirror and comfoozed myself totally.

I was trying to change the appearance of Sim A, who is my in-game brother. Unfortunately, he looks nothing like my brother because he had the wrong skintone (this is before I found out about the skintone changer). He was originally NOT my brother in-game, but a donor sim for sim surgery, pre-mirror. I got the brilliant idea of using the townie/npc maker (boolprop testing cheat), spawned a sim (Sim B) of the appropriate skintone, changed his facial structure to look like my brother, kept him (which sends him off into townie oblivion), and then summoned him back to the lot. To make things MORE confusing, I liked the way my "brother" looked, so wanted to clone his current appearance onto another sim. So I created ANOTHER townie (Sim C) for that purpose.

I made a clone of my brother's old appearance onto Sim C, then cloned Sim B onto my brother. I did not want two copies of my brother in the game, so I changed the facial structure of Sim B so he no longer looked like Sim A now looked. (Have I lost you???). When I did that, My brother also took on the new facial structure I had just given Sim B.

If I was a little less drunk while doing this, I would have just broken the family ties of my brother, made him a townie, then created sim B and recreated the family ties with HIM as my brother.

I like to be difficult. Makes life more challenging.

I apologize to you all for this post, and I'll PM some Excedrin, pronto.
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 July 27, 22:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 July 27, 22:02:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tylenol's in Retardo Land, remember?  Cheesy
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 July 27, 22:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah yes.
I'm ignoring your surgery post and heading over there for pills. Good god/dess/es, woman. Could you be more confusticating?

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 July 27, 22:06:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah yes.
I'm ignoring your surgery post and heading over there for pills. Good god/dess/es, woman. Could you be more confusticating?

Is that a challenge?
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 July 27, 22:10:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Challenge? no.

Query? yes.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 July 27, 22:20:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you really want confusing, I can explain the Bayfield family tree to ya.  Wink
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 July 27, 22:26:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think we have time for that. Let alone space in the Podium.  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: