More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 01:19:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Greeting Delivery People
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Greeting Delivery People  (Read 7051 times)
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Greeting Delivery People
« on: 2005 September 01, 07:28:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could a hack be made so that pizza, chinese food, and grocery delivery people could be greeted as soon as they get the delivery item out of the car? 

About half the time they have to be chased from door to door.
 Tongue
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
Re: Greeting Delivery People
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 01, 14:05:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah! you are right on that!  Shocked
also, why does the delivery people always know how to come to the door and ring the doobell, but the neighboors most of the time just stay near the mailbox and dont ring the doorbell, forcing us to keep an eye outside of the house everytime a sim invites someone
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 02, 00:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get the Front door hack!

And personally, I'd prefer a hack which means that accepting the pizza or the food doesn't turn the delivery person into a known sim!  After all, the maid can be cleaning their house for sim years and if noone talks to him/her, then they aren't known, so why the delivery person?  It doesn't make sense!

Zephyr Zodiac
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 02, 02:42:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps the investment of your time (chasing him around the lot to get your damn food) is the difference?

I just send someone to greet him/her when he rings the bell. Then I ignore them, if someone grabs the food, great.
If not, I direct them to return to their task(s) He seems to leave it at the door(or not) and stomp off. (you're mad? you just avoided 8 people trying to greet you ya jerk!)
Whatever... if he takes it with him, I just buy a new fridge, I hate deliveries.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 02, 03:42:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With Move_objects on you can grab the food basket and put it somewhere, then click on it and tell a sim to put it away.  But since I put the front door hack in, the delivery person waits at the front door and doesn't go running around the lot or walking through the house!

Zephyr Zodiac
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 02, 11:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

umm, had the front door hack and don't normally delete anything unless it's giving me problems so... perhaps I will check it out and try again.

I never thought of moveobjects on to take it from him though, but I'm going to try it... thanks for the ideas  Smiley

linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 02, 11:41:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the front door hack then works only for delivery people right? not for visitors that you invite by phone.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 02, 12:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to chase visitors around the compound recently, if I didn't click on them to 'greet' as soon as they reached the front door. This happened in the Uni neighbourhood, in a greek house that has 2 front doors and 2 back doors. I wasn't sure if they had been automatically greeted as some visitors invited to the fraternity/sorority lots are, but the option was available, so I directed my YAs to greet them, they took too long to get to the visitors and so the chase begins. Usually though, I multiple clicked on visitors to 'greet' so they stay at their spot, it's only when I didn't check on my YAs that they have to chase to greet people  Tongue.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 02, 16:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The front door hack keeps all your visitors near the front door once they've actually rung the bell.  I used to get fed up with visitors ringing the bell then wandering off, but it doesn't happen now.  At least it's not a problem with outgoing sims, they just walk in and start eating, or get in the hot-tub or something!

Zephyr Zodiac
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 02, 17:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

exactly. AFTER they ring the doorbell. the problem is: visitors invited by phone almost never ring the doorbell, they don't even go to the door. they just stay on the street.

why would they do this if the delivery people always ring it?

Is it possible to make a hack so visitors will aways ring the damn doorball?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 02, 18:08:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's something that started occurring with Uni, but even so, certainly not all just stand in the street.  However, family members who are just calling by uninvited do tend to stand around waiting. 

What I think would be more to the point would be a hack to recreate how it was in Sims 1, any family member low on social would often autonomously greet a visitor, which saves you the trouble of sending one of your sims to do it!

Zephyr Zodiac
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 02, 19:10:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's something that started occurring with Uni, but even so, certainly not all just stand in the street. However, family members who are just calling by uninvited do tend to stand around waiting.

no EP and my invited guests don't seem to ring the bell

What I think would be more to the point would be a hack to recreate how it was in Sims 1, any family member low on social would often autonomously greet a visitor, which saves you the trouble of sending one of your sims to do it!
What an awesome idea and hard to believe it hasn't been done yet (that I've seen) you should request this!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 02, 19:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, maybe Sir Awesome himself will see this and I won't need to!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 07, 02:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently they require the first available and unobstructed, 3x3 square-tile area they can find after they ring the doorbell and run.

I do what Zeljka does, though I have never had them leave with the delivery, it always seems to be left on the lot somewhere even if it's across the street.  Some folks have said that they didn't get charged when this happened, but I didn't bother to check.

Love is the Virtue of the Heart
Sincerity, the Virtue of the Mind
Decision, the Virtue of the Will
Courage, the Virtue of the Spirit
The Organic Commandment - 1948, Frank Lloyd Wright
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 07, 03:21:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm afraid if the game is working properly, you do!  I usually have quite a large porch in front of my house, without obstructions, and they usually stay on it.  A house without a basement is even better. 

One delivery person to watch out for, though, is Mitch.  I got rid of him, as he was such a pain (turned him into a baby) and the game replaced him with a far more sensible one.  It's like the postman who always gets sidetracked from collecting the mail is Pao, Dagmar doesn't, at least, not so often.  I think it probably depends on how outgoing they are, and how low on social.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 07, 04:11:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's like the postman who always gets sidetracked from collecting the mail is Pao, Dagmar doesn't, at least, not so often.

So, does he actually forget and not pick up the mail then?  Apart from stuck bills, that we no longer have to worry about, so many people have complained about warnings and Repo man.  When players say they have posted the payments and still get the warning and/or RM - is this what is happening?  I have received warnings and was surprised by RM I think once, but I am surprised I don't get it more often.  If I get caught up in some activity they are doing, sometimes I forget about the mail - but I do that in RL, too.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 07, 04:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you get some wandering sim walking down the footpath, and Pao is so busy waving etc that he doesn't pick up the mail!  It never happens on tuesdays and thursdays (delivery day) though!  And if he doesn't collect it on the Saturday, that's when the repo man comes calling!  (And that's when I activate the debugger!!!!!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 07, 05:07:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is where the problem has to be then.  There is supposed to be a four day period between delivery and payment, before you get the warning.  If it's not getting picked up on Saturday, then that will extend it past the four days allowed.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 07, 06:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't know, since when they deliver thursdays bills, they always collect Tuesdays payments, but it's on Friday and Saturday that if they get side-tracked, then they don't.  I don't think the repo man will come till the Monday, which would make the 4 days, but you obviously need to kill the stuck bills before that!  Once the repo man arrives, you can't kill stuck bills as the option no longer appears on the debugger.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: