More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 07:42:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Barista Wants in Regular Neighborhood - Is this Normal?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Barista Wants in Regular Neighborhood - Is this Normal?  (Read 6254 times)
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Barista Wants in Regular Neighborhood - Is this Normal?
« on: 2005 September 03, 07:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing in the regular neighborhood lately cuz I've been a bit bored with Uni. I've played several Uni dorms I've created, but I'm holding off on any further progress because I want some of my YAs to enjoy the new dating features when the NL EP comes along before they graduate. Cheesy

Anyways, this also gave me a chance to test out a lot of the new hacks I downloaded but haven't had a chance to enjoy just yet, such as the men peeing while standing, the work food/pizza delivery, the do homework in bedroom, smart serve and other food related hacks. They all work fantastically so far  Cheesy

However, I had this occurence where a CAS born Popularity Adult sim in the regular neighborhood (Pleasantville) is rolling up YA/Uni related wants, such as to work in the cafeteria and to work at the juice bar. Are these wants normal for Adults in the regular neighborhood? Correct me if I am mistaken, but I thought, and I haven't really checked this, that the Cafeteria stove, Juice bar, and other barista-ish objects aren't available on regular neighborhood community lots. And I thought you needed hacks to do that, but bad things can happen. At least I thought I read about that.

Anyways, just wondering if this is normal, and if these wants are "legally" fulfillable without hacks. If not, then I'd like to request a hack that fixes this and prevents these wants from rolling up when they don't make sense if they cannot be fulfilled. I've included pics too. Tongue

Ste

[attachment deleted by admin]

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Barista Wants in Regular Neighborhood - Is this Normal?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 03, 08:11:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has been reported normally, and as far as I can tell, are insatiable barring the features of the Phone Hack (which fixes a few taxi issues regarding invited sims that stand there like logs), but can't really be fixed because they have no check trees. Which is why they appear for everyone.

I've never had it specifically afflict any of my sims, though. It must be a rare case of strange bug as well, like the time I had toddler manifesting wants to "Dance With Some Person He's Never Ever Met". Even though toddlers cannot dance with anyone, let alone somebody he's never met....

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 03, 09:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen the work in cafeteria, be personal trainer wants, and those other types of uni-only things in the regular neighbourhood as well - they seem to be triggered by extremely low finance reserves...

Ness
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 03, 14:18:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to murder whoever said, "Ah, we don't need check trees."

Dead! I'm going to boil him in oil, light him on fire, drop him off a very tall building, beat him with his own computer, and chop him into little bits. And then I will jump on the bits! Dead, I say, dead!

Check trees gooood. Check trees very good.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 03, 15:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen the work in cafeteria, be personal trainer wants, and those other types of uni-only things in the regular neighbourhood as well - they seem to be triggered by extremely low finance reserves...Ness

This might explain why I have never seen any of my Sims roll these wants.  They are clearly spoilt and have no need to increase their incomes.  Maybe I will try creating a penniless YA to see if they feel the need to work as dorm cooks or whatever.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 03, 18:46:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Family sims in my game often roll these wants too, and usually they are well off!

Another thing I've had happen which was wierd was a half-alien baby who apparently was on line available for chatting with!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 03, 21:08:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also seen babies online too...  weird how tiny little babies can sit at the computer to chat online, but they lose the ability once they become toddlers!

Ness
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 03, 22:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin A bit like how in Sims 1 kids were sometimes brilliant guitar players, but no adult could ever do more than play wrong notes to begin with!

Zephyr Zodiac
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 04, 05:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims in a neighborhood can work at the juice bar and coffee bar, and I've had them do this often.  But since you can't have a cafeteria in a neighborhood, you can't work in one.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 04, 13:11:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's right.  I've wondered, though, if you get a son or daughter at uni to invite them to a community lot in uni whether they can do it there, since an invited sim in the campus lots is playable.

Zephyr Zodiac
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 05, 08:38:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's right.  I've wondered, though, if you get a son or daughter at uni to invite them to a community lot in uni whether they can do it there, since an invited sim in the campus lots is playable.

It that always the case? Or is that only because of Pescado's phonehack? Or maybe that isn't the right hack, but I vaguely recall something about his hack and how it makes it so that invited sims to a comm lot become playable, otherwise they would act like sim's with free will Off and would just stand around until they've pissed themselves. I could be mistaken as I have been playing pretty much forever with so many of his hacks, but I could have sworn I had that read that earlier on. So... without his hack, the want would still be pretty much unfillable. With his hack, I suppose there is a roundabout solution in that you would have to lock those wants, and then have a Uni sim invite them over to a comm lot, and have them fulfill them there while they were controllable.  Huh Kinda dumb, but oh well.

And yeah, for this particular lot, the family was kinda running low on funds. As soon as they got more loot, those wants seemed to have rolled away. How odd... I'm not sure exactly what the check trees are, but I assume that it is some sort of method or precaution for wants checking to see if certain conditions have been fulfilled before they show up. If that is the case, then something must be involved and checked for these specific wants to show up pretty much only when the cash flow is low. Anyway to get to that and add a check so they only show up for YA sims or if they are living in the Uni neighborhood? I suppose invited sims of other ages can be moved onto Uni lots, right? I don't know, I think I read about that, but I have never tried it for fear that it might muck up my game and turn it into a bfbvfs.  Tongue

Ste

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 05, 10:20:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe people have moved other sims onto uni lots.

Yes, I think it's is the Phone hack which makes the sims controllable.

I think the work as Barista etc. wants appear when family sims are low on social too.  A bit like the hustle pool for romance, fortune  and popularity sims - and Max Durham, who has all the Goth money since he broke up with Cassandra, often rolls that want - he definitely doesn't need the cash!

Zephyr Zodiac
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 05, 12:27:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

strange, because i managed to place coffe-bars and uni bars in regular commnunity lots from the base neightborhoods, and my sims that live in the base neighborhood need just to go to these lots and they can work as baristas..! nothing wrong happend.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 05, 13:34:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

strange, because i managed to place coffe-bars and uni bars in regular commnunity lots from the base neightborhoods, and my sims that live in the base neighborhood need just to go to these lots and they can work as baristas..! nothing wrong happend.

True, they can work as baristas and bar-tenders, but not as cafeteria cooks unless you have Chistianlov's hack. At least I think it's her/his hack that enables you to open cafeterias/eateries in regular community lots. It's over at MTS2 if anyone wants to look it up.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: