More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 17, 13:53:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Yummy Cow Death
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Yummy Cow Death  (Read 4130 times)
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
Yummy Cow Death
« on: 2006 July 15, 22:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Credits--or apologies--to 2, the Ranting Gryphon...)

Having tried all other options (befriending, altering personalities, altering motives in both directions, etc) I have reached the point where whenever one of those blasted annoyance cows shows up on any of my lots I immediately kill them (Click selectable, personal, suicide. The satellite comes down and we have hamburger...I usually chose the satellite since my college kids can use the money).

However, there seems to be a never ending supply of the blasted things. Is there anything to keep them from spawning?

Actually, I have way too many people on my university lots...I have the nodormieregen and notownieregen hacks, but there are still an insane number of useless sims cluttering up my universities. Any idea why?

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Yummy Cow Death
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 15, 22:13:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Each Uni you add spawns another 50 dormies. Don't add universities, man. As for the cows, don't kill NPCs, resistance is futile. Try the Jeffistani Cow Head.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 15, 23:06:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the cow hack--and thank you! I can't wait to try it--but about this "not killing NPCs" recommendation...I have a question. I killed Mrs. Crumplebottom. I only used Maxis provided mechanisms to do it, and she seems to be resting peacefully in all her platinum headstoned splendor, but you worry me. Was this somehow a mistake? Surely someone to obnoxious and pointless is supposed to be killed...aren't they?

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 15, 23:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I killed Mrs. Crumplebottom. I only used Maxis provided mechanisms to do it, and she seems to be resting peacefully in all her platinum headstoned splendor, but you worry me. Was this somehow a mistake? Surely someone to obnoxious and pointless is supposed to be killed...aren't they?
If your objects.package was set to "read-only", then your game might be safe. If not, then...

A potential picture of your game.

Note that this is just a guess, based on an observation of someone vamping Mrs. Crumplebottom

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Kokopelli
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 15, 23:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL  I've seen that nuclear explosion many times in my game, until I learned from my mistakes.

Welcome to the dark side, don't forget your flashlight.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 16, 08:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes they can.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 16, 08:35:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gets you just under §2000 when you sell it.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 16, 14:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the Cow Head when they start annoying me too much.  In my original Pleasantview, Cassandra's son to Darren actually fell in love with one of the cows (mutual) and all was going very well until she decided to flirt with his nephew.  I sort of cheated a bit and got them back together and after he'd graduated I made the cow playable and she went through Uni in the Greek house together with a cheerleader who was engaged to another of my playables who'd graduated.  They'd been enemies of course, but were soon best friends.  The cow behaved like a normal student after that, although she did still appear in the main neighbourhood occasionally in cow gear.  She'd just walk into the houses of people she didn't know and start mooing and stuff.  Nevertheless, she was actually a fitting replacement for Cassandra as head of her household, because in personality there were definite similarities.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: