More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 12:14:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Rant - The ways in which the sims community is completely insane.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Rant - The ways in which the sims community is completely insane.  (Read 83083 times)
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: Rant - The ways in which the sims community is completely insane.
« Reply #50 on: 2006 July 18, 06:23:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone made a sim...

Do NOT redistribute ANYWHERE in any way, shape or form, unless you are using Sylvia in a story or movie, in which case you will LINK BACK TO ME and INFORM ME BEFOREHAND.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=175189

Fail.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 July 18, 06:27:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh for crying out loud.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 July 18, 06:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good grief.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 July 18, 07:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the idjit (I love this word) didn't even make everything!

"The hair, earrings, and clothes are by Simmergirl, and can be found here.
The eyes, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, and lipstick are by Helaene, and can be found here.
The skintone is an edited version of Lewis's skintones and can be found here."

And don't get me started on the misspelling of Louis' name! If you're going to credit an author or creator, for f*ck's sake, do it right!

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 July 18, 07:16:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I saw that. Its just out of hand.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 July 18, 09:05:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the man/woman whatever is not even pretty enough to begin with  Undecided

Well, maybe Slashie thought the sim is his property because he made the appearance - features and that kind of stuff?  Huh

Go Away
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 July 18, 15:05:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

uh...it looks like a woman..so how are we supposed to tell??  and this idiot uses all these  other works and acts like his shit doesnt stink.    Angry

tIIsuggas
Garrulous Gimp

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 July 18, 15:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When people's shit doesn't stink, they can walk round with their head up their own arses all day long.  Grin
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 July 18, 22:34:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

uh...it looks like a woman..so how are we supposed to tell??  and this idiot uses all these  other works and acts like his shit doesnt stink.    Angry

Maybe the sim has the behaviour of a male but just looks like a female...or maybe just maybe it is a female and he has just written a back story.
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 July 18, 22:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is a male, using clothing and hair meshes that have been converted from female to male by a website called "Simmergirl". Basically, it is a transgendered male, meaning that when it gets naked, it will have it's boy bits, but when it is clothed it will look like a female. Also, it will have the voice and animations of a male, not a female.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 July 19, 04:28:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

heh... so this guy still didnt really create anything new... Cheesy

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 July 19, 04:43:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hoho that was funny.  But it took me a bit to know what Maty meant.   And I just now noticed the "thanks" button on every post.  Roll Eyes

Have you noticed that most of the time the creator's possessiveness is inversely related to their talent?

Yes, and if you are pointing fingers at me to imply I am not egotistical because I lack talent then sure fine whatever. But there are plenty of creators with tons of talent that dont feel the need to piss all over their creation and tag it with big signs "mine mine mine". They are happy to share, feel good about it and dont feel like they are being ripped off, snubbed, insulted or whatever if you recolor something they made, tweak it, improve on it or destroy it...

The point is for me anyway, is that if you make something to share then share it, dont put all these damn limitations on it. I understand that you dont want someone else to take credit for you work, but come on, beyond that just get over yourself. What harm is there in recoloring an object? What is the real issue with me sharing the file with my friend rather than dling it from some warehouse site? (especially when its free anyway) Why cant I tear it apart for my own personal use?

Besides too many people take meshes from turboquid and the like these days and many of them come with textures already, so for someone to rant that they made it and you better not look at it wrong is ridiculous.

This whole thing is ridiculous. But whatever keep on keeping on.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 July 19, 05:07:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nectere, I don't think she was directing that at you.  I think it was a general question, under the response to you.

You're plenty talented.

Now, when I start making crappy meshes and recolours, I'm going to blow the roof down with my screaming demand no one steals any of my stuff, and if they do I'm going to sue the crap out of them.  Tongue

EDIT:  You know, I was reading this again, and I'm worried it came out in a way I totally didn't intend.  This was not directed at you, nectere, it was only a general humorous statement under my reply to you. Tongue  Sorry if it sounded like it was to you.  It wasn't, m'dear.
« Last Edit: 2006 July 19, 05:49:24 by BlueSoup » Logged
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 July 19, 05:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah right.

Nectere, Blue called your stuff crappy. You better beat her.

I'll watch.
* liegenschonheit gets popcorn.

BlueSoup Edit:  Eek! Sorry, damn quote button is right next to the modify button.
« Last Edit: 2006 July 19, 06:06:29 by BlueSoup » Logged
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 2006 July 19, 06:02:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hoho that was funny.  But it took me a bit to know what Maty meant.   And I just now noticed the "thanks" button on every post.  Roll Eyes

Have you noticed that most of the time the creator's possessiveness is inversely related to their talent?

Yes, and if you are pointing fingers at me to imply I am not egotistical because I lack talent then sure fine whatever. But there are plenty of creators with tons of talent that dont feel the need to piss all over their creation and tag it with big signs "mine mine mine". They are happy to share, feel good about it and dont feel like they are being ripped off, snubbed, insulted or whatever if you recolor something they made, tweak it, improve on it or destroy it...

Actually no, I think the reverse was implied. Lack of talent = no ego would be a direct relationship, not inverse. But, meh, whatever. I don't think it was directed at you either Nectere, just a general observation, and not really true. You can't make blanket statements like that about this community. Except for the fact that we are all completely insane, that much is true.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 July 19, 06:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah right.

Nectere, Blue called your stuff crappy. You better beat her.

I'll watch.
* liegenschonheit gets popcorn.

Pfftttt!!
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 July 19, 06:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

heh, I wasnt offended or anything. I just thought he /she meant that if you were lacking in talent then of course you wouldnt be concerned with credit...like me!  I was being flippant...no seriously.  Kiss

***Ok ok I didnt have my thinking cap on today, I am tired and this van is driving me to the brink of insanity...I feel very untalented right now. *sigh*

inversely - contrary

"creator's possessiveness is contrary or the opposite in relation to their talent" gah.

« Last Edit: 2006 July 19, 06:24:57 by nectere » Logged
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 July 19, 06:17:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*fetches popcorn for herself and sodas to share with all*

Am I the only one who gets the munchies from debates?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 July 19, 07:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In other news, I discovered that I've been ripped off. Tongue

On a lark, I went searching on Google for "may explode, leak, or catch fire". I got the expected results: Us, batteries, and this.

I was naturally surprised to see that some utterly unrelated thing, World of Warcrap no less, had ripped off my disclaimer (which, in turn, was ripped off from batteries), but not only had they copied the general style and syntax, they had even copied the format and proscription against the non-awesome!

And guess who did it? Why, plugging the author's name in revealed it was none other than THIS GUY!

What do I think of this?
HA HA HA HA

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 July 19, 08:37:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess in this case at least, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery  Undecided
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 July 19, 14:35:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I left a comment about why he was being so possesive about his content when he was uising other peoples stuff to create his MASTERPIECE....got deleted for being unecessary.....since when is a reality check unnecessary.

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 July 20, 08:59:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*fetches popcorn for herself and sodas to share with all*

Am I the only one who gets the munchies from debates?

I'll join!

*munches on popcorn nosily.

Go Away
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 2006 July 20, 09:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And guess who did it? Why, plugging the author's name in revealed it was none other than THIS GUY!

Well he does admit to having a broken brain. Roll Eyes

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
MyPrecious
Blathering Buffoon

"And we don't want any of that nonsense, do we?"

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2006 July 21, 11:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree this community is insane regarding "copyrights".

A long time ago I made a Sim for a Lady for the Sims 1, I took her face from a photo and put it on to a maxis template. It looked great I worked very hard at it and was tickled pink when she raved about it. Two months later I got a mail from an un named person reporting that the said lady was using a picture of her OWN Sim as an av without my permission?!!

WTF? This was HER face? I replied in public that I had no copyright to another persons face and she could post it wherever she wanted or do whatever she wanted with it. From that day on I have not skinned for anyone but me. 

Copy right…without it the World learnt to make fire, passed on songs and tales and pushed our culture into what we see today; and probably to make bigger and better weapons…the good with the bad I guess. With it we would still be eating with our hands and living in mud huts, copying is how humans and other animals learn. Stealing and lying are human traits that the internet not just explores but encourages, as all us surfers are aware, so my thoughts on this are, if you post it you set it free, deal with it.     

A definition of loafing is; when you can't be bothered to open the curtains so you click the Glastonbury festival web cam to check the weather…

O môr henion i dhû:
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006 July 21, 11:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heaven forbid someone use a picture of their self-sim as an avatar. I'm not sure why they felt the need to involve you at all.

Fortunately, nobody bothers me with such silliness, or I'd be like "So what? What do you want me to do about it?"

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: