More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 21:58:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  resetting neighbourhoods - not a "how do I" question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: resetting neighbourhoods - not a "how do I" question  (Read 3980 times)
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
resetting neighbourhoods - not a "how do I" question
« on: 2006 August 10, 04:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi everyone,
I'd like to reset my strangetown neighbourhood by using the method stated here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,434.0.html

and would just like to know, if I do this will it delete all the character files from the original Strangehood?  So if i had a family there and reset that neighbourhood, that family would be gone and no chance of a BFBVFS?

I hope that made sense.
« Last Edit: 2006 August 10, 04:56:34 by tigerlilley » Logged

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Re: resetting neighbourhoods - not a "how do I" question
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 10, 05:01:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delete the current strangehood (ususally N002) folder from your My Documents\EA Games folder first, then copy the template from program files as stated in the thread. Deleting first will ensure that nothing of the old version of the hood will remain behind.
redmachine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 10, 05:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delete the current strangehood (ususally N002) folder from your My Documents\EA Games folder first, then copy the template from program files as stated in the thread. Deleting first will ensure that nothing of the old version of the hood will remain behind.

I only play pleasantview, so, I just delete the sims 2 file from My Documents. Is this ok or should I follow your instructions but delete N001 instead?
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 10, 05:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'

Thankyou :-)

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 10, 06:21:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only play pleasantview, so, I just delete the sims 2 file from My Documents. Is this ok or should I follow your instructions but delete N001 instead?

Usually N001 is Pleasantview. If that's what you want to delete....

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
redmachine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 10, 11:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL. I know N001 is usually Pleasantview. I was just wondering if just deleting my sims 2 folder was a *safe* way to reset my neighbourhood(Pleasantview)?  Smiley
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 10, 11:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Defenintly delete the hood first.  After I replaced the my computer that had died I was copying back the hoods I had managed to save to my other comp.  And noticed my Strangetown had Bluewater Village attached.  I knew for a fact I didn't have BWV attached to my old Strangetown.  And there were no playable sims in this BWV and some of the lots were messed up.  I guess I had played with the default Strangetown before I copied my files back, added BWV to it and forgot about it.

Another way to reset the Maxian hoods is to just move your EA Games folder or rename it and make the game generate a new EA Games folder, then just copy the hoods you want.  I think the expansions have added a few new "features".  I heard rumors that NL enabled Brandi Broke to have a girl now instead of always having a boy.  But I never actually tried to prove or disprove it.

I know that in Veronaville Tatiana Summerdream has a crush on Kent Capp now when I reset that hood by letting the game with all three expansions installed generate a new one.  I'm pretty sure she doesn't if you just copy the hood from Program Files.  I could just be imagining things though.
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 10, 11:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maybe you know maybe not.. but

you have a backup of the 3 neigborhood on your hard disk, so if you wish to restore the original N00x hood just copy it Wink

for example, on my computer the original files are stored in
C:\Programmi\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods
(programmi = programs files, in english Smiley )

so, you can open that folder and copy the N001 (pleasantview / bellavista, in italian version) and copy it on your
Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 10, 15:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL. I know N001 is usually Pleasantview. I was just wondering if just deleting my sims 2 folder was a *safe* way to reset my neighbourhood(Pleasantview)?  Smiley

Yes, that's fine too, if you don't have anything in your downloads or other folders you mind losing or having to put back. The game will regenerate a new Sims 2 folder in My Documents once you load the game if it is missing. I believe you can just delete the whole 'neighborhoods' folder and leave everything else and just that folder will regenerate. It's been a while since I reset everything.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 10, 17:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe you can just delete the whole 'neighborhoods' folder and leave everything else and just that folder will regenerate. It's been a while since I reset everything.

No, I tried that last time I needed to do a reset, and it doesn't work.  You have to get rid of the whole The Sims 2 directory for it to rebuild.  Though 'get rid of' in my case means just renaming it so all the original stuff is still there to be copied back into the new folder. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: