More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 00:14:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Oh NO! WHICH hacks are blowing up Public Woo HOo?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Oh NO! WHICH hacks are blowing up Public Woo HOo?  (Read 6433 times)
KnightSkyKyte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Oh NO! WHICH hacks are blowing up Public Woo HOo?
« on: 2006 July 12, 13:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops! I broke it!

I broke public woo-hoo ability and memories with a combination of hacks. That is, woo-hoo could not occur in clothing booths on community lots (sims jump out) or in photobooths on community lots (same story), and, so, because no woo-hoo, no memory icons. Car woohoo on a community lot filled the want, but, did not give the memory.

So... I removed ALL hacks. I was actually frightened to run the game *without* those beloved hacks! :lol:

Woo hoo in clothing booths was then successful, no jumping and produced a memory. Woo-hoo in clothing booth after that also successful (no jumping). Will be testing again for photobooth just to confirm it really is OK as far as memories goes - since memory of public woohoo not given twice for the same two sims. Anyway, it works fine now, but.... *CRIES*

Now I need to find out WHICH hacks were causing the problem!!! I never played romance sims until recently, so would not have known when the problem started happenning, or I could simply have pulled out the last hacks I added into the game.

I am currently in the painful process of adding hacks back in... slowly.... a few at a time...

ANY *useful* help with identifying which hack or hacks causes this problem would be very greatly appreciated!

In the meanwhile.... slowly... slowly... add hack, test, add hack, test, add hack, test....

.....I'll post up what I find the problem to be, if nobody can help in the meanwhile...

For male sim creations, check out my work on the InSimenator. For all my older works, check out my creations on MTS2.

*sigh* No, I am not male, why does everyone think that?
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Oh NO! WHICH hacks are blowing up Public Woo HOo?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 12, 15:10:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have a list of your hacks?  You can find a tool to do it easily in Peasantry, I believe.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 12, 23:56:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Car woohoo never counts as public woohoo. Neither does hot tub woohoo. These are only worth normal woohoo memories, which you will not get if you already got it from that sim. This has been true ever since the beginning.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KnightSkyKyte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 13, 10:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I said "HELPFUL" replies, guys! Tongue

All my hacks are in a hack folder, and subdivided by awesomeness for easy management.

Still need to find out which hack(s) are preventing CLOTHING BOOTH and PHOTOBOOTH woohoos.

Am finding out which ones it AIN'T so far.

For male sim creations, check out my work on the InSimenator. For all my older works, check out my creations on MTS2.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 13, 11:11:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure it's not a prerequisite thing? Perhaps photoboothiness needs a higher status to be allowed woohoo, or perhaps you, being you, are attempting to do something normally inappropriate?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 13, 11:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't have to test hack by hack. Put in half your hacks, if all is fine, add half the remaining hacks and try again, etc etc.

If you find a problem with the first half of the hacks, take half of them out and try again.

It's much easier to use blocks of files to test first, then when you find the block with the problem, you can work on those specifically.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 13, 15:19:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, guide says that hottubs count for public whoohoo if you had to shoo someone out of the tub to whoohoo.

But that could be another Prima Guide misnomer.

Uhm, do you have any time of whoohoo related hacks?

Inteen, InSim, Syberspunk's Risky Whoohoo or all that jazz?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 13, 22:37:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I'm totally un awesome and unqualified to offer any advice ,

However I once had a problem like this and it was caused by a have sex not woohoo mod .Do you have anything like that
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 July 14, 02:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, guide says that hottubs count for public whoohoo if you had to shoo someone out of the tub to whoohoo.

But that could be another Prima Guide misnomer.
You actually believe what that expensive piece of terletpaper says?

Maybe somebody should do a BUY recolor with the Prima Guide.

KnightSkyKyte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 July 14, 04:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although I did say one hack at a time to make it sound more dramatic, I am in fact using that sorting technique, because it is exponentially quicker than sorting one at a time, and I'd be there forever with the number of hacks I have otherwise. Thankyou for mentioning it though, Witch, just in case I was stupid enough to actually test hacks one at a time.

JM, with me being me, of *COURSE* there is no problem with my testing methodology. Firstly, the game was saved immediately prior to an appropriate testing scenario, when I can then test and exit without saving. This ensures the SAME test conditions every time. With this scenario set up, FIRST test without ANY hacks to verify correct game behaviour. YES, works properly with NO hacks - sims can woo-hoo in clothing booth and in photobooth, and get the floaty icon above their heads when finished, a memory stuffed into the memory bank, aspiration fulfilment wants points value above heads, asp. meter increased, and want in the wants panel gets filled and rolls over - all fine and dandy. Put half hacks back in. Test works correctly yes/no. If yes, put hacks in sep. folder labelled "OK" in downloads, then put back in half of discarded set. Re-test. Problem yes/no. If problem yes, remove half of suspect batch of hacks... you get the idea. Rinse, repeat...

ANYWAY. Have narrowed the sucker down. Have about 10 hacks left to sort.
I suspect 2Jeffs "preg for all genders" hack, only because in that list of about 10 hacks, that is the ONLY one even remotely related to woo hooing. Further testing required before I can be certain.  If it is, I need to verify that I have an appropriate version of that hack, and discuss with 2J *IF* it is in fact the problem I am having. In any case, I will then still need to test that the remaining hacks left in the "unsorted" pile do not have MORE hacks that also give the problem.

Will let you all know what I find, when I have sufficient evidence to be certain.

But, it is certainly one of the hacks I have causing me this headache. I can't believe nobody else has reported this particular problem before... and I haven't seen their report if they did Sad

jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 July 14, 05:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you can post a log file it would be infinitely easier to diagnose the problem.  Read the following:

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=3899

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 July 14, 05:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although I did say one hack at a time to make it sound more dramatic, I am in fact using that sorting technique, because it is exponentially quicker than sorting one at a time, and I'd be there forever with the number of hacks I have otherwise. Thankyou for mentioning it though, Witch, just in case I was stupid enough to actually test hacks one at a time.

Ah well you see, I have no way of knowing how stupid you are...  Cool

KnightSkyKyte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 July 14, 08:28:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL! LOL!

*bows*

Which is why I thanked you!  Tongue

Jase, thanks for the pointer. I'm currently taking advice under Q3.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 July 14, 09:15:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL! LOL!

...or are not!  Tongue

KnightSkyKyte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 July 14, 13:09:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great. Now I need to post the resolution in 2 threads instead of just the one.

Found the problem.

Had an old or incorrect version of 2Jeffs hack:  "  zTwojeffs_Preg For All Genders.package "

Installed the latest version appropriate to my expansion pack installations.

When I first put the updated hack in (after removing the old one), I could not "call" the second sim to the photobooth or the clothing booth - the "more" pie-menu option to get access to the join option was not responding - a single single mouse click did not work. When I double-clicked with the left mouse button very fast, *then* the "join" option was able to be accessed via "more", and after that, no problems at all, and I never had to double-click again, even after re-starting the game.

Problem now solved - Public woo-hoo is GO!

Back to the game! (And lurking...)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: