More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 02:39:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Requests and such
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Requests and such  (Read 7653 times)
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
Requests and such
« on: 2006 July 11, 12:22:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually wanted to post this in the Peasentry but it doesn't really fit there either so here we go.

I was wondering if we could have a "request" section there? Since nocomment helped me so much with finding stuff to "azzurri-nate" my game I would really like to post a request here since I haven't gotten any response at MTS2 or S2W.

I'm currently making a sim of a person that's very dear to me so to me it's important I find the following item: "Panst with chain" he never leaves home without it, actually he doesn't wear any pants without it... Grin so I really wanted either a few pants with chain attatched to them or a chain accessory that could be added to any male clothing. Anyways, here's a pic:

I would like it for Adult and Young Adult male sim. i've searched long and hard even the goth sims sites but wasn't able to find anything like it.

If anybody knows about an exsisting one please DO point me to the right link.

Thanx in advance,
Kyra

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: Requests and such
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 11, 19:27:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado frowns on requests.  Even on hacks.  I believe his philosophy is something along the lines of  "I make hacks so my game is better.  It's lucky for all of you that I release them!"
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 11, 19:31:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, that sounds about right.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 11, 20:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I've said before, try requesting on MTS2 Wink

virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 12, 01:31:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure I mentioned in my post that I already requested it at MTS2 Emma, so far no luck there.

Tho I got a message about an artist that may be willing to do it, so I'll try to contact him and see if he's up to it.

lol Pescado frowns upon most things, and I didn't mean requests to him, but since we have a peasentry and there are so many ppl here that also create stuff for the game I figured we could use a request area.
I've seen plenty threads at MATY about ppl asking for help to locate clothing, objects, genetics, lots and also requests of how to make the game more difficult and also hacks etc.

So I wondered about having a Request area, just sharing a random thought here...

Greets,
Kyra

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 12, 01:33:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MATY really isn't aimed at clothes/skins/genetics, since we don't have anyone who makes those on staff.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 12, 01:46:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MATY really isn't aimed at clothes/skins/genetics, since we don't have anyone who makes those on staff.
*cracks whip at Pescado* isn't it time you get some?!

Just kidding... I'll try to explain better what I meant. When I mentioned genetics and clothing etc. I mean that people often come here and ask when they need something and other MATY members help them out excellently. and I know you don't have any creators on staff but there are MATY members that do create stuff that would like to help someone out.

Anyways, like I said, just a random thought, prolly the organizing freak in me talking. I have this urge to devide everthing into sections and label them.  Wink

greeties,
Kyra

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 12, 04:01:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All Virgalis suck.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 July 12, 04:12:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kyra, as far as I know, Squinge from MTS2 receives special requests; why don't you contact him there? If he can, he will make it for you in no time.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 July 12, 04:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think Squinge is in the skins business either.

kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 July 12, 14:33:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

why don't you contact a designer directly whose creations you admire (possibly one who does similar stuff) and ask them if they would take a request?

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 July 12, 15:38:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure I mentioned in my post that I already requested it at MTS2 Emma, so far no luck there.

Oops, sorry Cheesy

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 July 12, 15:52:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, you are more likely to get results if you harass a specific person at MTS2 instead of using the request section. Even though they might hate you afterwards. So find someone who isn't overloaded with requests already.

lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 July 12, 17:35:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you think about this picture?

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 July 14, 12:35:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmm, not bad... not bad at all... Grin where could I download it?

Well yeah, I figured instead of going around harassing ppl individually, I better post it in a request section. Wasn't that the point of such a section anyways, so creators don't get harrassed anymore?

And the it turns out you won't get anything done unless you harass them *roles eyes* How typical...

Well I'm glad with all the responses, thank you so much for helping me out Grin

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 July 14, 12:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's actually a psycholergy thing. If something happens in the presence of many people, all of which could do something about it, it is unlikely that any of them will take action because they believe their share of issue is little to none. So they just kinda stand there slackjawed. Just observe what happens when a fire starts. Often, the fire could have been contained easily had anyone nearby done anything about it, but instead people stand there slackjawed until the fire grows huge and then they panic and trample each other and most of them die. That slackjawed herd CAN be motivated into action should somebody immediately begin shouting orders to people, though. People, being often sheeplike, react to any kind of decisiveness.

The same applies here: When you post something in a request section, if many people were capable of fulfilling the request, everyone's gonna think someone else will do it. So nothing is done. Requests sections only work when it is believed that only a small number of people are capable of filling the request.

lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 July 15, 09:32:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmm, not bad... not bad at all... Grin where could I download it?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5JC3G1WS

It is not the best but it looks pretty good in the game. I just darkened and grunged the masxis jeans alittle and added the chain. I looked on HotTopic for some good pics but couldn't find any really usable ones. Sorry.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 July 15, 09:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's actually a psycholergy thing. If something happens in the presence of many people, all of which could do something about it, it is unlikely that any of them will take action because they believe their share of issue is little to none. So they just kinda stand there slackjawed. Just observe what happens when a fire starts. Often, the fire could have been contained easily had anyone nearby done anything about it, but instead people stand there slackjawed until the fire grows huge and then they panic and trample each other and most of them die. That slackjawed herd CAN be motivated into action should somebody immediately begin shouting orders to people, though. People, being often sheeplike, react to any kind of decisiveness.

The same applies here: When you post something in a request section, if many people were capable of fulfilling the request, everyone's gonna think someone else will do it. So nothing is done. Requests sections only work when it is believed that only a small number of people are capable of filling the request.

Dear god, my sides are hurting. Cheesy

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 July 15, 12:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But you can't deny that it's true and explains perfectly why the request section doesn't work and everyone ignores it, whereas harassing someone might actually work: It's the same reason everyone is liable to stand there paralyzed if a fire breaks out unless you take charge and start singling people out and hollering orders at them. A natural leader is someone who's skeptical of everyone else's ability to make a decision.

Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 July 15, 14:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A natural leader is someone who's skeptical of everyone else's ability to make a decision.

I need that put on an unspirational poster, framed, and put up in my office.  That's beautiful.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 July 15, 14:49:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I made that up, apparently, seeing as it's not on Google.

So if you want art for it, get a bunch of people staring slackjawed at some calamity.

holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 July 15, 15:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok this is really vague . but im sure ive seen a chain like that somewhere already. maybe vaultsims or somewhere
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 July 15, 15:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like a bunch of sims milling around a burning stove/sim instead of trying to put them out?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 July 15, 15:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, that does indeed make a lot of sense JM!

lol Beat me to it Batelle! Add an order to 10 of those posters on my account! Grin

I'm pretty sure I'd be one of them sheep tho I tend to wake up form my sheeplike state once ppl start ordering me around. I was indoctrinated not to just follow orders wihtout thinking about it.

But someone WILL have to start shouting at me first! Grin

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: