More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 04:31:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Request: dates
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Request: dates  (Read 4429 times)
Zyrcona
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Request: dates
« on: 2006 July 05, 14:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if there is, or could someone please make, a hack that stops the 'invite on date' interaction being considered 'cheating' by sims involved in relationships with the participants? Whenever I make sims with the pleasure aspiration they always want to do this interaction, and they are constantly being punched by the person they are supposed to be in a relationship with, who wanders onto a community lot to find they have just gone out for a drink with their friend or done something perfectly innocent (there is nothing in the game that says the 'date' can't just be a social thing). If I wanted a whore, I'd've given them the romance aspiration. I still want the cheating memory for sims doing things that could actually be considered cheating (initiating romantic interactions with other sims), but not for the act of 'go on date' itself.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: Request: dates
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 05, 15:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, I just use a no-jealousy mod.

Whenever I WANT them to get jealous, I have them read love letters and the date flowers, as those aren't covered by the nojealousy I use.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 05, 15:31:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two Jeffs is working on an update to his casual romance mod. He said something about making it where it is only counted as cheating if they woohoo.

Read through the thread for details. The mod is working at present but does have a few glitches. He should be releasing something closer to the final version any time now.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=4691.0

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 05, 17:42:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well... if you wanted it to be a platonic 'date' then can't you do it as an outing instead? A date implies that it would be 'romantic' and I would imagine that many of the wants that roll up would be romantically inclined. Or... are you saying that you are just going out on regular Outings and the other sim is still getting jealous? (I wouldn't know as I haven't done many Outings - mine always seem to fail miserably anyways Tongue).

Ste

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 05, 19:52:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it would be nice if "go on date" could be replaced with "go on outing" for Pleasure Sims unless they have specific romantic feelings for their targets. Since when are first dates pleasurable anyway?

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 05, 20:27:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is wrong with going on a date with their S.O.?

It's just a want for a date, not a first date....

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 05, 21:09:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is wrong with going on a date with their S.O.?

It's just a want for a date, not a first date....

Unless they have the "50 first dates" lifetime want. Which is imo the most irritating LTW in the game.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 06, 07:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if they have the "have 50 first dates" LTW, it can always be re-rolled using the FFS Lot Debugger or the Renu-U-Sensor Orb aspiration object.  Pleasure sims are a pain in the butt so I avoid them.  I mean I like taking my sims on dates, I just would rather that not be what their whole life is about.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 July 06, 08:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

50 First Dates is not as annoying as 50 Dream Dates. 50 First Dates just requires the existence of 50 people, which you can crashbomb easily enough.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 July 06, 08:20:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

50 dream dates isn't so bad-if my sim is married, I just get them to go on continuous dates Cheesy Once 1 is finished I start them on another one Wink
I hate the 50 1st dates though Angry

Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 July 06, 08:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't the Romance Mod stop sims from getting jealous of their SO on a date unless they were actually doing something?

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: