More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:50:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Ye Olde Simmes 2 Archives: Dead Creators
| |-+  Ye Olde Syberspunke Archives (Moderator: syberspunk)
| | |-+  Testers Wanted: Grow Up Townies (Updated 3/15/2008)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Should I 'hide' the Ask to Grow Up option under the Adjust... in the Sim Pie Menu?
Yes, my menu's a bit cluttered, thanks. - 125 (66.1%)
No, I like seeing the option right away. - 62 (32.8%)
I have another suggestion (which I will actually post below in a reply. Tongue - 2 (1.1%)
Total Voters: 143

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Testers Wanted: Grow Up Townies (Updated 3/15/2008)  (Read 180853 times)
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted: Grow Up Townies *EXPERIMENTAL BETA* (Updated 6/9/2007)
« Reply #175 on: 2007 July 06, 04:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the same problem Zazazu is having (not with servos, with actual townies). I have the 'no relationship' version installed (both files), and when I try to grow up a townie, the action drops out of the queue.

Edit: I just realised I didn't have the latest version of this, so I'll test the new one to see if I'm still having problems.
« Last Edit: 2007 July 06, 07:08:38 by notveryawesome » Logged

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2007 July 06, 05:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded it last night. I haven't tried with other townies, but will in a moment. I'm having some other issues with aging being frozen and grades not progressing, which I more suspect is from fiddling with the lotsync timer. So...I'll reinstall the timer and try to age a non-servo townie.

Edit: I'm an idiot. I forgot to put the interaction package in. Put it in, everything works well. Lynne's now a PVC-wearing servo-sim, pretty, but in need of a makeover. I'm still having aging and grade issues, but I'll play with hack removal to find what's doing that.
« Last Edit: 2007 July 06, 06:04:43 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2007 July 06, 07:30:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wanted to say... this is still working wonderfully!  <worships Ste>

I'd send my Sim, Angelita, over to make you very happy, but you'd prefer her cousin, Angelo... <runs off to create Angelo for Ste>
syberspunk
Heretic

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: 2007 July 18, 15:53:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Get Naked option is actually from a different hack.  I believe it is actually Crammyboy's nudist hack.

Ste

trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2007 September 14, 11:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

seems to be safe with BV or am I missing s.t.?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2007 September 14, 20:48:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah shit. Every thread I load seems to be Trudy-Spammed telling us it's fine in BV. Trudy - hint - don't report if it's working, only if it's not. Now just bloody settle down.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
cocomo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2007 October 26, 20:40:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm confused.  Which files should I download?  Thanks.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2007 October 27, 23:49:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand that it is confusing. You have to download both files, but there are three files available. I would imagine that you should download the main one and the controller file that does not say "testing" somewhere in the file name. I am reasonably sure that if I am astoundingly wrong then someone will pop in to correct me.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

jenjenln
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2007 October 28, 05:03:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, I'm a bit confused as well. sorry :-)
I downloaded the two you should get..
and deleted the folders I didn't want and kept notypecheck.

I ran the Hack Conflict Detection Utility
and it is conflicting with the one that came with the growuptowniesinteraction.package

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Function - Next Semester
Group ID: 0x7F17E3A4
Instance ID: 0x0000200C
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\other hacks\test this out\syberspunk - MATY - grow up townies\growuptowniescontroller.package
\downloads\other hacks\test this out\syberspunk - MATY - grow up townies\notype\growuptowniescontroller.package

Do I delete the one that's with the growuptowniesinteraction.package and keep the one in the notypecheck folder?

Thank you for creating this hack.
I was looking at this for about a year before desiding to try it..
I've got a family that has grown very large now and I've had to go to each house and age each one with the sim modder to match the sims in the one house I've been playing, I was hoping this hack would make things a bit easier :-)

Thanks again
Jen
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: 2007 October 29, 16:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for the confusion.  Because it was much simpler for me to create separate controllers (due to my unawesomeness Tongue) rather than create one controller with toggleable options, there are separate files for each type of controller.

The RTFM should explain what each version does... if not, I should have links to the individual post, somewhere in this thread, that explains them.  The links should be in the very first post of this thread.

When I find time, I will edit the RTFM to include the descriptions of each of the controllers, if it already doesn't have them.

Basically, the default controller that the main 'bundle' comes with is how I personally want the controller to work.  It includes checks for age (sims must be within a range of 2 or so age stages), 'type' (prevents use on playable sims), and relationship (option only available when sim is good friends or better).

The various no<option> versions remove those checks, in a progressive manner (but I forget which tho).  For your situation, since you want the notype controller, keep that one and delete the default version.  I hope this makes sense. Smiley

Ste

jenjenln
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2007 October 29, 19:39:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes it does thank you :-)
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: 2007 November 22, 21:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if it's just me ... this doesn't seem to work on Vacation townie children(you have to invite them to stay as a house guest for them to come over - then they leave at dark anyway).

I have a teen that is best friends with a vacation child but can't get her to age up, the option just isn't there.

Its no big and I love the mod - I was just wondering if I was the only one. If I am I can start pulling other mods and see who is causing the problem.

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: 2007 November 26, 18:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting.  This may be due to the fact that vacation sims might have their own group type.  I will have to look into this sometime this week, and post an update when I can.  Thanks for letting me know. Cheesy

Ste

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2007 November 27, 20:35:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's famiyId that's tripping you up, you should check this out:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9932.0.html

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: 2007 November 30, 12:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just coming in to report that this doesn't work on the Vacation kids. I used the agesimscheat as a stop-gap and that worked. Of course, they will still have the 'grow-up' aspiration until I get them into college though.
I can't wait until this is compatible with the BV kids though, it is one mod I can't do without! Wink

syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted: Grow Up Townies *EXPERIMENTAL BETA* (Updated 1/2/2008)
« Reply #190 on: 2008 January 02, 09:00:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please test the latest version.  I haven't tried it out yet myself (still kinda struggling wiht my compy Sad), but I added the new family ids from BV.  So, hopefully the option should at least show up for them, and I don't think the interaction itself was restricted, so it should work.  Let me know.

Also, please note:

I don't remember if I mentioned this somewhere, but I have now consolidated all the different controllers into the growuptowniescontrollers.zip file.  This file contains all the different controllers.  Inside this file, you will find 4 folders: noage, norel, notype, and reg (which contains the regular controller).  Choose only one controlller.  The growuptownies.zip file contains the regular controller by default.

FYI, you would only need to update if you use the regular/default controller or the noage controller, since the other two controllers don't even check type... so those should still work (I think Undecided).

Ste

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Testers Wanted: Grow Up Townies (Updated 2/22/2008)
« Reply #191 on: 2008 February 28, 18:19:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like this one will be obsoleted by FT, Ste -- according to the manual, FT lets a sim age up up to 3 non-playables whenever he/she ages to teen, adult and elder.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2008 February 28, 21:28:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like this one will be obsoleted by FT, Ste -- according to the manual, FT lets a sim age up up to 3 non-playables whenever he/she ages to teen, adult and elder.

But you don't necessarily want to age townies up with a playable of the same age group...

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2008 February 28, 21:54:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True -- but Ste may have some significant reworking to do anyway.... Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2008 February 29, 19:01:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like this hack for making boring/obnoxious/fugly townie elders die in my front yard. I don't think FT will let us do that just yet. Has anyone had an elder get the option to let 3 of his best friends die with him?

I, for one, still love this hack.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: 2008 March 01, 17:46:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I second that - I also don't think the FT age up will let us grad YA Sims with the grade of our choice.

Will there be a FT compatible update?

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
saladoor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2008 March 10, 10:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I prefer this hack to the buggy option in freetime that allows you to grow same age people up - My game always crashes when i try to do this, i also like that fact that you can grow up YA and kill eleders, please update soon! Actually does it need updating, i deleted all my hacks to make way for FT and i'm on the scout to get them back again!
Saylee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Sims jumping when interacting with visitors
« Reply #197 on: 2008 July 25, 19:22:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a problem where, if I click on a visiting sim, my playable sim resets.  I then get the pie menu, and can choose the interaction with the visitor, which the sim does with no problem.  This mostly means that I can't queue social interactions after anything else, and I can't use the "join" option on anything.  It also seems to be causing problems with the "Macro>Socialize" interactions.  After the initial jump, I can select them from the pie menu, and they enter the queue, but then immediately drop again, and the sim resets a second time. 

The problem is only happening with visitors.  Sims can interact with other members of their household just fine.  When this bug first started, I was able to fix it once, by making the visiting sim selectable and using the Lot Debugger to fix his work state, but I haven't been able to make that fix work since.

I'm playing with EPs up to Pets.   My hacks are mostly from MATY, plus I have a handful from TJ, and the puppykiller.  The problem seems to be confined to one hood plus its subhoods (Strangetown, if that makes any difference); my other hoods are problem-free. 

Any help would be great. 
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Sims jumping when interacting with visitors
« Reply #198 on: 2008 July 25, 19:38:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Turn on the testing cheats (if you don't know how, see the FAQ here), and when the sim jumps the game will generate an error log.  Post it here for the awesome folks to examine and help pinpoint your problem.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Saylee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Sims jumping when interacting with visitors
« Reply #199 on: 2008 July 26, 11:19:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, I've got the error log now.  I also noticed while getting it that sims can greet visitors without problems, but the problem starts once they're greeted.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: