More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:40:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Ye Olde Simmes 2 Archives: Dead Creators
| |-+  Ye Olde Syberspunke Archives (Moderator: syberspunk)
| | |-+  Testers Wanted: Grow Up Townies (Updated 3/15/2008)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Should I 'hide' the Ask to Grow Up option under the Adjust... in the Sim Pie Menu?
Yes, my menu's a bit cluttered, thanks. - 125 (66.1%)
No, I like seeing the option right away. - 62 (32.8%)
I have another suggestion (which I will actually post below in a reply. Tongue - 2 (1.1%)
Total Voters: 143

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Testers Wanted: Grow Up Townies (Updated 3/15/2008)  (Read 180855 times)
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Testers Wanted: Grow Up Townies *EXPERIMENTAL BETA* (Updated 4/25/2007)
« Reply #150 on: 2007 April 28, 06:11:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had debug on; no error logs, no error dialog either. 

As I said in my original post about the problem, the fiancee was able to grow up on the home lot with only 1 side effect: 2 diplomas!  Apparently, whatever the hack checks to see if someone can grow up from YA to adult is updated last, so that information was not updated.
syberspunk
Heretic

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: 2007 April 30, 05:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently, whatever the hack checks to see if someone can grow up from YA to adult is updated last, so that information was not updated.

I'm not sure what you mean.... what 'information' should be updated?

Oh, one other thing... I was wondering if the same problem happens when sims are on a group outing?  Will group outings immediately end if a sim who is part of the group is asked to grow up and they transition?  Probably... to be on the safe side, I might also prevent the option from showing up if they are on group outings too...

Ste

purple
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2007 April 30, 15:24:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this mode made to grow up servos?
I asked a servo to grow up and she changed her look from servo to sim and became an elder.
She also kept her servo needs.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: 2007 April 30, 20:05:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm.  Interesting... I suppose that could be a bug feature? Tongue

I suppose Servos are supposed to be immortal adults, huh?  Can you make the Servo die by aging them up again once they are elder?

Anyone have complaints about this, or would prefer to have that option removed?  I'm not sure if it's a VBT to age servos and/or have them die, or if they would just be treated like other sims and it's fairly harmless. Undecided

Ste

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2007 April 30, 21:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think servos age or die of natural causes -- they can only be killed by limited circumstances (i.e., hit by a satellite).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2007 May 01, 01:47:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Servos can be killed by any "instant death" methods, but cannot die from purely motive-depletion related methods.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2007 May 02, 03:57:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently, whatever the hack checks to see if someone can grow up from YA to adult is updated last, so that information was not updated.

I'm not sure what you mean.... what 'information' should be updated?

The bit about "that information was not updated" was refering to the failed transition.  Although part of the information is set to the "adult" parameters, whatever the hack checks to see if the Sim is a YA is not updated before the transition fails.  This is actually a Good Thing, since the Sim can be asked to Grow Up at a later time (and different place).

Oh, one other thing... I was wondering if the same problem happens when sims are on a group outing?  Will group outings immediately end if a sim who is part of the group is asked to grow up and they transition?  Probably... to be on the safe side, I might also prevent the option from showing up if they are on group outings too...

I'm in the middle of updating my game for Seasons, so it will be awhile before I can test natural age transitions during a home date or Grow Up during a group outing.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: 2007 May 02, 04:32:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The bit about "that information was not updated" was refering to the failed transition.  Although part of the information is set to the "adult" parameters, whatever the hack checks to see if the Sim is a YA is not updated before the transition fails.  This is actually a Good Thing, since the Sim can be asked to Grow Up at a later time (and different place).

Ahhh... I see what you mean now.  I had to read that a couple of times... slowly... hehe, before my brain could process it properly.  You're saying that there is some data, which identifies the sim as a YA or not, that is not changed, even though other data is changed.  Probably the persondata which I think is pretty much a bit that is "turned on" for YAs and "turned off" for full fledged adults.  But you're right, at least it's sorta fixable later.  I'ved added checks for being on dates/groups.  I think it might work.  I'll probably post it a little later this week, as I have a few other updates I've been meaning to get around to.

Ste

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2007 May 02, 18:29:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I asked a servo to grow up and she changed her look from servo to sim and became an elder.
Did you try aging her back to an adult and seeing what happened? I'm thinking of that movie with Robin Williams....uh..."Bicentennial Man". Now I'll have to try this mod. Before I didn't see much difference between this and the agesims cheat already in-game.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
purple
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2007 May 03, 01:19:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you make the Servo die by aging them up again once they are elder?

I made to servo "Say Goodbye Forever" and every thing happened normal like when a sim dies of old age. Even the insurance policy.

Did you try aging her back to an adult and seeing what happened? I'm thinking of that movie with Robin Williams....uh..."Bicentennial Man". Now I'll have to try this mod. Before I didn't see much difference between this and the agesims cheat already in-game.

I used the age sim cheat to age her back to adult and she stayed a sim and her servo needs stayed.
« Last Edit: 2007 May 03, 01:25:06 by purple » Logged
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted: Grow Up Townies *EXPERIMENTAL BETA* (Updated 5/2/2007)
« Reply #160 on: 2007 May 03, 03:42:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated the controller now to disable the option when either sim is on a date or group outing.  However... I left the option in for Servos in case anyone still wanted the ability to age Servos up (and make them die by old age I guess). Cheesy

Ste

friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2007 May 07, 16:23:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the Adjust Vistor problem I was having.... please ignore my idiocy, I hadn't realized (due to inability to fricken read English!) that it was no longer a pie menu option on the visitor, but a control object on the playable sim. DOH! Which is why it wouldn't do what I thought it should. So sorry.  Tongue
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted: Grow Up Townies *EXPERIMENTAL BETA* (Updated 5/13/2007)
« Reply #162 on: 2007 May 13, 06:06:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another minor update:

v1.100- Added option to choose major for YAs asked to graduate
   Fixed minor bugs

I am unsure if the major will have similar reset problems since the sim will still be a townie.  Previously, I just had the code always randomly assign a major.  A major has to be assigned for the code to work properly.  I also fixed a few minor bugs that I didn't catch previously.

Ste

Riez Forester
Blathering Buffoon

I am a virgin ;).

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: 2007 May 15, 17:51:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondering. If we want to change the pie menu (I prefer to hide them under Propose.../), do we need to change the strings in the growuptowniescontroller.package or growuptowniesinteraction.package or both?

Please dont rips my lips for my bad english!
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: 2007 May 16, 05:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondering. If we want to change the pie menu (I prefer to hide them under Propose.../), do we need to change the strings in the growuptowniescontroller.package or growuptowniesinteraction.package or both?

Change them in the controller.  The controller is the file that adds the options to the Sim Pie Menu.  The interaction is the actual interactions and contains the strings for the icons that show up on the sim's queue.

I have another update tho, which I will probably release sometime this week anyways.  This will add options to drop out and be expelled at different years (before the end of freshman year, after freshman year, after sophomore year, and after junior year).

Ste

Riez Forester
Blathering Buffoon

I am a virgin ;).

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: 2007 May 16, 06:12:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I'll wait for the update then Smiley.

syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted: Grow Up Townies *EXPERIMENTAL BETA* (Updated 5/17/2007)
« Reply #166 on: 2007 May 17, 04:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, as per Pescado's suggestion, I've added the following:

v1.110- Added options to Drop Out and Be Expelled at different levels (before completing Freshman Year, after Freshman Year, after Sophomore Year, and after Junior Year)

Even though it was suggested in the moveinall hacks thread, which I also eventually plan to update and add those options, I figured I would try out first with this.  So far, it all seems to work.  Also, I didn't mention it in the first post, which I'm too lazy to go back and re-edit right now, but I changed the options so that it should now only show up if the sim you click on has been greeted.  Now that I think of it, I'm not sure if this will cause issues of the option not showing up for those people who are using the notype or norel checks.  So... if you're using those, please report back and let me know if you have any problems with the option not showing up.

Ste

PS.  I also compressed most of the resources in the package, so the file size should be smaller now.

ETA:  I reupdated it again, just to fix some of the pie menu strings.  The options are now Drop Out (or Be Expelled) Freshman Year, Sophomore Year, Junior Year, and Senior Year.  The year you pick is the year they drop out/get expelled, meaning that is the year they don't finish.
« Last Edit: 2007 May 21, 06:12:48 by syberspunk » Logged

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted: Grow Up Townies *EXPERIMENTAL BETA* (Updated 5/20/2007)
« Reply #167 on: 2007 June 07, 21:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This just isn't working for me.  Although the options are there when I click on the dormies (which is all I've tried it on so far), nothing happens when I ask for them to declare their majors.  The controlled sim gets no icon or anything, which I would imagine they are supposed to.  I'm using the version that has no restrictions (the third one) and I've tried it with both aquaintances and best friends.  I tried it in a sub-folder first, then I put it in the root Downloads folder and added a 'z' to the beginning so it presumably loaded last.

I suppose something could be conflicting with it, but no idea what.  Any suggestions? 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Riez Forester
Blathering Buffoon

I am a virgin ;).

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: 2007 June 07, 23:33:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are 2 file needs to be installed. One is the growuptowniescontroller.package and another is growuptowniesinteraction.package.

You need to download the 4th file to get the growuptowniesinteraction.package as if i'm not mistaken, 3rd file only contains the controller.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: 2007 June 07, 23:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have both files installed.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: 2007 June 08, 00:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoops.  I thought I disabled those.  I believe it was reported awhiles back that YAs majors were being reset as well as their semester grades.  I probably disabled the interaction, but I forgot to remove the option from the pie menu...

Perhaps, what I will do is make a separate controller that keeps those interactions enabled and let people play test that one.

I will redo the controllers and post up new versions:

The set of regular controllers with the Declare Major and Go to Class options disabled.
A "new" set of experimental controllers that re-enable those interactions. 

Feel free to play test them, but as of now, since I'm not sure how, when, or why dormies get reset.

I will try and run through the updates (they shouldn't take too long) and post them up relatively shortly (sometime tonight).

Ste

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: 2007 June 08, 00:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient Sim whacks Ste over the head with a pillow.

syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: 2007 June 08, 05:30:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ack, what's the whacks for? Tongue

Ok, I'm having some trouble trying to figure out why the asking to declare major interaction doesn't work.  It looks like I didn't disable it afterall.  The code mostly remains unchanged from when it was last working... I'm not quite sure how or why  it's borked. Tongue

For now, I've disabled those register/change major options.

Ste

ETA: Ok,  I had to package the controllers into one large archive.  One for the regular controllers (with the YA register major and go to final options disabled).  The 2nd has the experimental controllers with those options enabled.  I included a README explaining the differences and reminding you to choose only one. THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!
« Last Edit: 2007 June 09, 06:54:45 by syberspunk » Logged

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2007 July 05, 21:13:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated the controller now to disable the option when either sim is on a date or group outing.  However... I left the option in for Servos in case anyone still wanted the ability to age Servos up (and make them die by old age I guess). Cheesy

Ste
Heyya, I'm having an issue with this bug feature. The Pennybags have a Servo, Lynne. I wanted Lynne to be turned human, so downloaded the hack (no relationship version) to do so. The option appears when she's a visitor on another lot (not on her home lot, but no biggie..it is called "Grow Up Townies" afterall). However, I click it and nothing happens. No interaction, no growth. Action just drops from the queue. Now, I wasn't in debug mode, so it's possible that it threw an error log I didn't see. Is the bug feature only part of one of the versions of the mod?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted: Grow Up Townies *EXPERIMENTAL BETA* (Updated 6/9/2007)
« Reply #174 on: 2007 July 06, 03:18:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you downloaded the latest version?

Does this only happen on servos?

I'll take a look at this when I find time, maybe this weekend.

Ste

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: