More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 12:07:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  This sim is haunted...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: This sim is haunted...  (Read 2989 times)
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
This sim is haunted...
« on: 2006 July 04, 12:35:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway. Natasha Oldie is the adopted child of the Oldies in Pleasantview. Herb and Coral and died and been sent to Gothier Green Lawns. One night when Natasha is at work, working at her dead-end teenage job, Coral drifts on lot. I was in triple-speed and only realised because of the ghost sounds she was making. Once she floated in the lot, she started doing the usual ghost stuff. (Possessing objects, cheering at beds, etc.) At this point, I panicked and quit without saving. I promptly moved Natasha to the simbin. Then I quit without saving and haven't had time to play yet since then.

I checked in SimPE, and Coral's character data is still fully intact, which means I did move the grave downtown, otherwise it would've been destroyed by Natasha moving out. (I do not have nounlinkondelete, btw.)

Is this a side effect of moving graves between subhoods?

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: This sim is haunted...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 05, 06:05:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would say yes. I have graveyards for each of my sub-hoods, and one for my main hood. If they died in Downtown, they get 'buried' there! Cheesy

I don't know what you could do to fix it-I would suggest having Natasha go and put the grave in her inventory and 'bury' her in the main Pleasantview, but don't know if that would cause any more problems, such as duplicate character files for Coral.

You don't need anything fancy unless you want a fancy community burial lot. My Uni burial ground is just an empty community lot Cheesy

Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 05, 06:21:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just checked Gothier Green Lawns...there is no grave...the grave has disappeared into the oblivion. I moved Natasha into a new lot, and Coral didn't come back...so I hope she's gone.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 05, 06:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've moved numerous graves to the downtown grave yard from the base hood and never had a single problem at all.  I don't think that is to blame in this case.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 05, 06:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only done it once, I moved a Uni dormies grave to Gothier Greens and ended up having to start a new neighbourhood. My game started going really weird with wants and LTW's and toddlers were having 6 want slots Cheesy I blamed it on the stupid smelly dead dormie, don't really know if that was the cause though.

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 06, 04:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've moved numerous graves to the downtown grave yard from the base hood and never had a single problem at all.  I don't think that is to blame in this case.

same here. All simmies are moved to a downtown graveyard and I have no problems. Maybe I just don't have many dead sims.

I download a 5x5 lot 88+graves graveyard and  barely 20% is filled.

Go Away
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 06, 06:11:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just thinking it was a very strange glitch. All my dead sims from my main hood were all sent to a different subhood...after I moved Natasha to a new house, she has not been visited by any persistent parents. Tongue

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 06, 07:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe those dead parents just miss her and wants to visit her...  Wink

Anyway, sims is a weird and buggy game ---> conclusion?
Don't think too much  Roll Eyes

Go Away
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: