More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 15:19:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can a sim be prepared for safe lotbinning?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can a sim be prepared for safe lotbinning?  (Read 2170 times)
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Can a sim be prepared for safe lotbinning?
« on: 2006 July 07, 07:54:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a friend who wants to swap self-sims with me.  I've also read enough here to know that in general, moving a sim between neighborhoods is about as bright an idea as basing one's business strategy on short-bus preteens.  Still, vanity can make one do strange things.

So to the point, were a sim to be carefully scoured in SimPE of all ties to anyone in the neighborhood, would that alleviate the danger or would hoods still be in jeapordy?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Can a sim be prepared for safe lotbinning?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 07, 08:05:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In theory, but there's always potential for you to miss something and screw it up.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 07, 08:08:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't mind swapping sims without the lots, or just packaging the sims and lots separately, there is a way. Open SimPE, open the neighborhood. From there, open sims surgery and find your sim. Select use, then extract. Close sim PE, open Body Shop. Go to create or clone sims. You will see your sim there. Clone this sim without changing anything, then make a clone of the clone. This is the only useable one, so make sure to delete the others after cloning. Then you can package the sim to send to your friend. Smiley
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 07, 08:25:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nec: Thanks, but if I wanted to go with plain bodyshop sims, I have the basic me already made.  That sort of bare-bones approach doesn't allow for any background or personality involved, which leaves out part of the charm.  (That, and part of the charm is also modding memories in SimPE in ways the game was not meant for; having one's first woohoo with sir bricks-a-lot is wrong in just the right way.)

Pescado: Paranoia and double-checking are part of every file I share, due to a long story involving family members, E-mail, and the forward button they couldn't refuse.  Still, my hack-fu is weak, so I'm trying to close off other avenues for ways one can be stupid.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: