More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 13:41:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Locktiles
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Locktiles  (Read 8326 times)
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
Locktiles
« on: 2006 July 01, 02:06:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, boolprop locktiles off doesn't do what I need.  How on earth can I get a wall further to the edge of the lot?  It's driving me nutz!  Does anyone know?  I know the patch fixed the street issue so Windkeeper's hack isn't needed anymore.  I know that Numenor's hack for putting custom stuff on shelves had something similar but apparently it was only for the street as well.  Help, please?  Or am I just SOL?

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Locktiles
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 01, 04:59:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope I understood well your question. Do you mean you want to put a wall on  the last tile of the lot?
I do it all the time, with "moveobjects on", then put it back to "off". But you can't decorate there, unless you use again the 'moveobjects on'.
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 01, 06:55:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm working with the 1x3 lot size and I can use moveobjects on for the front of the lot, but it doesn't work on the sides and back.  Hmm... could it be unique to the tiny lot size?  I'll have to check that out.

lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 01, 08:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i thought it was always 2 on each side and two in the back that where unuseable

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 01, 09:10:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, the game doesn't allow you to build walls and foundations on the last 2 tiles at the edge of both sides and back of the lot. The locktiles cheat is just to enable placing of floor tiles outside the lot, but you can do that as well with the moveObjects cheat.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 01, 09:12:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i thought it was always 2 on each side and two in the back that where unuseable

Yes it is. I wish there was a cheat to allow you to build foundation right to the edge of the lot though! I want to build some terrace type houses, that are exactly side by side, so it looks like a housing estate or something...

By the way gali, moveobjects on doesn't work for placing foundations right to the side and back edges of the lot. I don't know about regular walls though, but I doubt it. I can build right to the front of the lot with regular walls and foundation without any cheats though.

C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 01, 09:20:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish there was a cheat to allow you to build foundation right to the edge of the lot though!

Wouldn't that be great indeed! Sometimes you just need that 2 extra tiles, but since you can't build walls and foundations right to the edge, it's either downsize the building or use a bigger lot. Undecided
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 01, 09:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't that be great indeed! Sometimes you just need that 2 extra tiles, but since you can't build walls and foundations right to the edge, it's either downsize the building or use a bigger lot. Undecided

It sucks! Cheesy What gets me is when I build the bottom level of a house, and I go to make to second level, they tell me I can't build right to the edge of the lot! I tend to keep at least 3 tiles spare each side of the building, and at least 5 at the back.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 July 01, 09:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, Emma, I never build foundations - that's why I never encounterred this problem.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 July 01, 09:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could it be that you accidentally dragged the walls over the restricted spaces above those 2 squares? I get that problem only with custom roofs, when I didn't like how the auto ones look and tried placing some myself.

Not being able to build right to the edge sucked, and it sucks more with NL. I prefer to build lots with everything on it ("everything" meaning a small swimming pool and burial ground Tongue) so that my sims doesn't have to leave the house just to fulfill a want that won't go away. 3x3 lots used to be just nice but not anymore with NL and cars and garages, and 4x3 lots are just a tad too big.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 July 01, 18:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it is to do with the roofs Sad

I just have to have slightly larger lots. I used to always play in the 3x2 lots, but with all the NL stuff they just aren't big enough.

So gali, you can place walls to the edge of the lot with moveobjects on? That is interesting...I must try for myself Wink

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 July 03, 18:09:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can place walls to the edge to a degree. They can go side to side but not front to back to join them.

My annoyance is that I used to be able to make a garage at streetside, I can get everything in but the garage door now. Blows.
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 July 03, 20:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I'm having to do is make realllllllllly tall buildings to fit on 1x3's.  I agree.  It blows.

MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 July 03, 22:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know we can't have a 1 by anything--but why doesn't Maxis make a 2X1. We have 3x1 so 1 deep is kosher. We have a 2x2 so 2 wide is kosher. Where's the 2x1??

It DOES blow thatw e can't build in 'chains' like you see in a city--all the way to the edge of the lot so the buildings all look to be a walll of building for the whole block.

My water is now white too from hood view.

If you place sidewalk all the way to the curb--like you have in a city, you can't see that from hood view. That blows too!
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 July 03, 23:33:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My pools are white in hood view as well, and I have not installed the 2nd ofb patch. I thought it was just build cheats or something I was using.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 July 04, 05:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to have a 1x3 lot. Mostly for community lots though.

C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 July 04, 11:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some kind of lot size-customising tool in the neighbourhood view would be fantastic and even more so if we could have the option to purchase/auction off land according to building needs. If we can't sell off excess land perhaps because of the portals, just the option to buy and add-on would make all the difference. Undecided
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 July 05, 06:07:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least we have a choice of which size lot we can put down...remember Sims 1? You were stuck with what they gave you, and they were either too big or too small! Cheesy

Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 July 05, 08:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some kind of lot size-customising tool in the neighbourhood view would be fantastic and even more so if we could have the option to purchase/auction off land according to building needs. If we can't sell off excess land perhaps because of the portals, just the option to buy and add-on would make all the difference. Undecided

I remember in The Sims Online you could actually do this. Of course it was as if you reserved a ton of space around the lot for when you could actually afford to increase it's size, but I suppose it's better than nothing. It's not like they gave you much of a choice as to what you were getting either, instead of customizable space you were given 8 sizes to choose from.
Zandi
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 July 05, 08:55:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love to build to the edge of my lots. It would make it possible for me to build towns that look right.

Here most homes are what you might call town houses or row houses and our shopping districts are pretty much the same with buildings right up against one another. But I can't do that in the game wich sorta realy stinks!
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 July 06, 22:49:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My pools are white in hood view as well, and I have not installed the 2nd ofb patch. I thought it was just build cheats or something I was using.

Well I still don't know what this is about, I have installed the OFB patch and before that I'd made pools with successful neighborhood views. I thought it was because I wallpapered the pool walls with the elevation cheat, but I made another pool the other day, left it as I made it, still white from the neighborhood.

I'm going to try with my clean game folder, to see if it happens again. And I remember sometime back someone made a replacement for pond waters at MTS2 but said they appeared white(or black, can't remember) from the neighborhood. Maybe something related to water and a download? I'm very careful with what I download, but a messed up mod could have seeped in. Gonna try now.

**Edit: Well I tried it in a newly generated pleasantville, and the water is blue. I guess I'll be checking my downloads this weekend to see if I can find what's causing this. Sad
« Last Edit: 2006 July 06, 22:58:55 by blubug » Logged
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 July 07, 00:36:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

eeww. Not fun. Good luck!

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 July 07, 20:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I did solve the problem. Though I have no idea how I did it. I made the game generate a new Sims2 folder, moved back all my downloads, first the hacks, check, then meshed objects, check, then everything else with checks in between. Then I saw I was still getting blue water, so I moved back the config folder, collections and finally my neighborhoods.

Then I entered a previously white-pooled house (which still appeared white) and moved the pool ladder, saved and exited to neighborhood, and presto! Blue Watered pools! Still can't figure out how this worked. I basically copied the entire folder contents to the other. Amazing! Cheesy
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 July 07, 21:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good to know Blubug. I'll follow your steps and see what I get.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 July 07, 22:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sometimes get white or blue water. Fiddling with the graphics settings (lighting being the key) tends to fix it.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: