More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:30:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Building Contest of Awesomeness (Moderator: Ambular)
| | | |-+  Room for you...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Room for you...  (Read 14218 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Room for you...
« on: 2006 June 30, 06:55:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Room for you

3 x 3 lot; §41,198

To be honest I don't know why it's so cheap, unless because I moved a sim in to test and the contents depreciated? If so, it wasn't intentional. The lot was about §150k before I moved the sim in.

This is fully furnished and can house eight sims. I wanted to make a house I wouldn't mind living in, something a bit funky and modern. Don't know if I achieved that, but I like the house and will be using it in my game.

Front Entrance
Easily reached from the road, double doors to keep the flow going. Two cars can be parked currently, there is room for an extension in the back corner. There is also room to build carports and garages if the player wishes.

Side of the house, barbeque area
All the essentials for a good barbeque in a private area.

Rear of the house
A splash of balcony colour reflected in the flowers at the base of the modular stair.

Other side of house
Play area for children or room for the military exercise thingy. There's a small garden nook, good for painting. The two storey window
gives light and views to the staircases within. You can just see the small shed to the right where various boxes and bits are stored.

Downstairs
Lets have a look at the inside. As sims enter the front door, thay are directly opposite a couple of toilets and a couple of showers. These are useful for visitors if you wish to lock them out of the family bathrooms. On the left from the front doors is a 2 square lane that runs straight through the centre of the house.

The dining area and kitchen are in a wing of their own, designed so a sim can go either side of the table, into the kitchen, get the food and exit through either of the swing doors. The kitchen is lockable with JM's security controller. (There's also a security controller inside the front doors.)

Reading Nook
My favourite bit of the house. Smiley

Kitchen
The room is designed so that unless sims happen to be simultaneously putting something in the trash or taking an item from the fridge, there will always be one door available to exit by. All the appliances are set up so one doesn't block another from being used.

Dining
The dining area seats 8, plus the 4 seats directly outside in the barbeque area.

Nursey
Two double downstairs bedrooms and a bathroom, currently used as the nursery. Easily convertible to bedrooms, a study, a gym or whatever.

Upstairs
Three double bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 terlets - though one does have a communal shower as well. Once again, a 2 square lane through the centre, leading to the balcony outside.

There are minimal gardens, just enough to create a couple of feature points. There is room for expansion upstairs or even a bit at the front. Modular stairs have been used throughout, sims shouldn't get blocked by stairs.

As for a bribe, well I figure JM is running this competition because he wants some new functional/good looking lots in his game. I reckon he's given me such gaming pleasure and stability with his mods, my bribe would have to be to offer to build another house, to his specs.

ETA: The files attached to this post are fine and valued correctly.
Unfurnished = §41,198
Furnished = §165,772

* Room For You_Unfurnished.rar (562.75 KB - downloaded 452 times.)
* Room For You_Furnished.rar (925.35 KB - downloaded 485 times.)
« Last Edit: 2006 July 01, 01:38:13 by witch » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
Re: Room for you...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 30, 07:20:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Couple more pics I forgot to include.
This is a long shot so you can see the trees and the area for expansion of the driveway.

The shed with all the good stuff.

The modular stairs inside - easy enough to modify to be lockable.

And lastly the lounge.

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 30, 10:55:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moving in a Sim and letting the items depreciate is a good way to get the price down.  Myth did that as well.  Smiley
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 30, 11:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh oops, I just wanted to make sure the lot worked ok - and I wanted to make the chairs move under the tables for the pictures.  Roll Eyes

Still, some of my sims will be able to afford it now.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 30, 11:51:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you, by any chance, try to stick the lot by using the old Ingelogical "Stayable" shrub? Because that breaks the lot value, causing the lot to no longer count any of the items on it. Not to mention corrupting the lot as well.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 30, 11:58:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh Bollocks! Yes I did. Does it really make it corrupt as well?

I can find an older backup and resubmiit if that's the case, but it won't be tonight. NZ is ahead of the rest of the world though, so even if i did it tomorrow, I should be within the month.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 30, 12:05:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What you need to do is "unstayable" everything. Otherwise the lot will be corrupt when I attempt to load it and your entry will be disqualified.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 01, 01:28:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Phew - that was a bit of a mission. I used Inge's shrub to reset everything, then I wasted an hour trying to move the sim out in various ways to make the stuff stay. No joy. I didn't want to kill her and have character stuff associated with the file.

So I gave up and re-furnished. Some furniture or colours will be slightly different from the pictures. This way there's also an unfurnished version available.

JM, Bluesoup, Rainbow or anyone else that has permission, would you please remove the .rar file in the first post. I can't get back into it. Here are the two new - clean - versions.

Unfurnished = §41,198
Furnished = §165,772

ETA: Yes, I can modify, I'll put the new files in the first post.
« Last Edit: 2006 July 01, 01:34:49 by witch » Logged

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 July 02, 15:18:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

5.0 for aesthetics.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 16, 22:38:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

! THIS LOT HAS NON-LEVEL EDGES !
Placement of this lot in your neighborhood will damage the neighborhood terrain!

Terrain is warped. Limited access visitor control. BUY incorrectly installed in stall bathroom. Bathroom facilities of uneven quality. Practically zero expansion space for use with career rewards. Bribe should have been spent trying to actually win contest. Training facilities poorly located. Lengthy walk to The One Desk. Only one baby docking port. Convoluted route from nursery to toys. Ludicrously expensive considering poor functionality and limited space. Gnomes left exposed to pillaging and theft, and often face the wrong way for kicking. Only near miracle spares embarrassing defeat at hands of Kewian.

Bribe: 0.0
Functionality: 0.65
Scenarios: 0.75
Expand/Adapt: 0.3
Cost Effectiveness: 0.2
Physics: 0.8
Aesthetics: 5.0

Technical: 0.975
Total: 0.585

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 August 18, 00:51:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your taste is all in your mouth JM.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 August 18, 00:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your taste is all in your mouth JM.
Hey, each of the flaws I found was outlined quite clearly. While it may manage to look halfway decent, its level of functionality is somewhere near that of a Maxis house.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: