More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:37:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Rare Photobooth picture. Has this happened to anyone else?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Rare Photobooth picture. Has this happened to anyone else?  (Read 12254 times)
Regna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Rare Photobooth picture. Has this happened to anyone else?
« on: 2006 June 30, 02:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had posted this previously in another forum since I thought it was kind of an inane reason to start a thread here, but since I failed to have any insight there I hope that I can get a better input from here.

Anyway, I had a sim throw a graduation party and one of the guests (Juliette Capp) went into the photobooth; I zoomed in and I realized that she had posed quite differently:

Every attempt I have made to reproduce the same picture have been so far unsuccessful; I placed a photobooth in an otherwise empty lot so the sim would not get distracted by anything else, and from my simple test any playable sim within the teen-elder range, as well as ones with extreme personalities and/or aspirations only stand there and do nothing.

So my question is, aside from knowing who else has seen a sim doing this previously, is that if there is a way to get a sim to take a picture in the same poses? I would like to have the chance of having other sims posing like that.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Rare Photobooth picture. Has this happened to anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 30, 03:29:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmmm.... is she a romance sim?  high outgoing pts?

rome_raven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 30, 03:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it has anything to do with being a romance sim.  One of my sims did the same thing and he was a pleasure sim.

Did your sim just do woohoo or something like that?  Because my sim was over visting his girlfriend who had a photo booth and after woohoo he went and had the picture taken of himself.

Regna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 30, 05:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

kewian: She is family as she was by default.

rome_raven: no, she had not even had her first woohoo by then. She was a party guest.

So far I can only speculate that such autonomous action is related to advertise some need fulfillment (sp?), probably comfort or bladder since afterwards she raced to the bathroom; then again that might have been that bathroom uses you caught her idle, so I can not tell for sure.
Morganthe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 30, 05:17:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've a feeling its a solo "Romantic" shot.  I've never seen that come up when I clicked on it, but its possible that since there is a couple's choice for that, that there is also a singles pose as well.  It is also highly possible that the game designers just left the user-enabled part of the action disabled, and made it autonmous only. 
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 30, 05:32:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We should bug some modder to make it so we can choose poses. Squinge is good at that sort of thing, I think.

I took a look at the code but all I saw is that there are 7 Slots for "Expression." And that doesn't sound right, since there are way more than 7 poses.

Fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 30, 11:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She looks suspiciously naked. Why is she running around naked?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 30, 12:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She was probably planning on cleaning up after the party and didn't want her clothes to get dirty  Tongue
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 30, 13:03:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Autonomous use of photo booths just seems to be so rare, I've only seen it one time while on a community lot. I was playing some other family and was about to bring them home when I saw Mortimer Goth getting into the photo booth. I waited for him to finish because I wanted to know what'll happen to the photo when sims I'm not controlling at the time use the photo booth. Cassandra was also hanging around the booth and got in after Mortimer. When I played the Goth's lot next, they each had a photo in their inventory. I think it's kinda neat, too bad it doesn't happen often.
Regna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 30, 13:24:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She was probably planning on cleaning up after the party and didn't want her clothes to get dirty  Tongue

Actually she was fully clothed, is just that the camera angle makes her look as if she were naked.

We should bug some modder to make it so we can choose poses. Squinge is good at that sort of thing, I think.

Yes, I'm beginning to think so as well. It doesn't look like such an action can be triggered at will.

Autonomous use of photo booths just seems to be so rare, I've only seen it one time while on a community lot. I was playing some other family and was about to bring them home when I saw Mortimer Goth getting into the photo booth. I waited for him to finish because I wanted to know what'll happen to the photo when sims I'm not controlling at the time use the photo booth. Cassandra was also hanging around the booth and got in after Mortimer. When I played the Goth's lot next, they each had a photo in their inventory. I think it's kinda neat, too bad it doesn't happen often.

Indeed. When I went to her lot and checked her inventory I was glad that she had kept the photo with her. It seems that such an action is something only an unplayable character can do, which now makes me wonder if townies, downtownies, etc, can take such photos as well.
« Last Edit: 2006 June 30, 13:36:04 by Regna » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 30, 14:11:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually she was fully clothed, is just that the camera angle makes her look as if she were naked.
That's not much of a "fully", then. I don't see any outfit anywhere. Even this outfit seems to qualify as, at best, "seminaked".

Indeed. When I went to her lot and checked her inventory I was glad that she had kept the photo with her. It seems that such an action is something only an unplayable character can do, which now makes me wonder if townies, downtownies, etc, can take such photos as well.
They can, and do, when the randomly generated whim seizes them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 30, 14:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, I remember the first time one of my sims autonomously used a photobooth on their own. Nicole Cox was visiting her brother-in-law, who she was best friends with. Anyway, Nicole was a very outgoing sim, and I didn't even know she was on the lot until I saw the flash of the photobooth in the shed...then she came out of it! I thought I imagined the whole thing... Undecided

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 30, 15:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sligtly off topic question, but does woohoo in a photo booth on a residential lot count as public woohoo? I've been curious about this.

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 30, 19:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sligtly off topic question, but does woohoo in a photo booth on a residential lot count as public woohoo? I've been curious about this.

Yes, it counts to fulfill a want for public woohoo.

Fail.
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 30, 23:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it counts to fulfill a want for public woohoo.

Yeah, the memory still talks about the thrill of trying on clothes.  Cool
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 July 01, 06:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did some testing on the photo booth, and here is what I found out:

1. On a home lot, playable sims cannot use it autonomously.
2. On a community lot, playable sims cannot use it autonomously. Or at least none of mine ever did, regardless of motives.
3. On a community lot, non-playable sims can use it autonomously.
4. Personality, Aspiration, Aspiration level (plat, red, etc), and events prior to photo (woohoo, etc) have no effect on the sim's pose.

I didn't check home lots and non-playable sims, but based on info in this thread, it sounds like they can. I also didn't do any testing with couples, vampires, zombies, and any age group except adults.

I made a lot where the only objects were photo booths, and then waited while about 10 townies took turns taking pictures of themselves. I ended up with over 40 photos. Of these, 26 were the one shown in this thread. So, it seems to be a photo that can only be taken autonomously, and it seems to be not rare at all.

Fail.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 July 07, 18:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dormies will use it autonomously in a Dorm lot too.  I've never seen those poses though.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 July 07, 19:03:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been looking at the code and I figured out that if you simply enable the menu for the hidden "Take Picture" option, you can direct sims to take the autonomous picture. It's *always* this "hiden" one.

However, I haven't been able to actually enable it in such a way that works. Usually Pie Menus are simple, but this annoying thing just refuses to do what I want. When "Take Picture" is enabled, the normal "Get in : Take Picture" option gets broken. Ugh.

Well, if a modder is looking at this thread, here's the info:

The Photobooth has a hidden option, which you can see if you use the "allmenus on" cheat code (I'll assume all modders know about this). The option shows up as "Take Picture" and when selected sims will get in the booth and take a picture. If this option can be anabled so that it isn't hidden, then we can get the picture shown in this thread any time we want.

Fail.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 July 07, 23:07:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, Pes, this is naked (as if you didn't know Grin)   :

After I installed OFB and visited Brandi Broke's place, she attended to some personal matters before noticing she was in the buff. 

Too bad they don't offer nail polish in the game; would add some color.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 July 07, 23:18:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Omfg som1 cal JacKThomPSOn!111!!!!!oneeleventyone1!!2
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 July 08, 00:21:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sheesh, Jordi....sorry if I made you blush.   Wink
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 July 08, 00:25:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, Pes, this is naked (as if you didn't know Grin)   :

No, it's a Barbie-mutant.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 July 08, 11:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Omfg som1 cal JacKThomPSOn!111!!!!!oneeleventyone1!!2
That is not funny. I was fumming when I heard Jack was sueing Maxis but decided not to.

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 July 08, 14:45:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jack Thompson is a sympton of a seriously broken "justice" system. I quite like the guy: he is so over the top that he is funny. The scary part is there are people who do take him seriously, and there are even more people who give power to the former…
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 July 09, 01:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Angry don't say that!
Really or I swear in public

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: