More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 13:49:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  the "you don't know any dead people" problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: the "you don't know any dead people" problem  (Read 5354 times)
paranoidandroid
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
the "you don't know any dead people" problem
« on: 2006 July 01, 00:42:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(I know I've seen this sort of thing discussed before, but usually it seems connected to deleting the urnstone, which I didn't do.)

My Sim in Strangetown became best friends with the Bella Goth there, at 100/100.  Then there was an unfortunate cowplant incident, and now they have Bella's headstone sitting in the front yard.  I decided that my Sim's Knowledge husband should educate himself about zombies, but both he and his wife got the "you don't know any dead people" message when they tried to use the resurrect-o-nomitron.

So - both of them knew Bella, the grave marker is intact and on the property, the husband has a memory of Bella's death but the wife doesn't (she drank Bella's juices, if that has anything to do with it), and neither of them can resurrect her.  What gives?
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: the "you don't know any dead people" problem
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 03, 14:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cowplant deaths are buggy and my guess is that Strangetown Bella isn't in Default, she's still shown as a Townie, so the game doesn't see her as dead.  You can solve it with SimPE by deleting her from the Townie list, but the quickest way would be to teleport her ghost onto the lot, then wait for the "Bella has died on another lot" message to come up.  You may need to save the game and re-enter the lot, or you may not, but once you've done that she should go into Default.  Depending on how long it is since she died, they may react again to the death as the game sees them as only just having died when you do that, because up to then they've been in 'limbo'.  Once she's in Default, she'll be available for resurrection in the normal way.

Oh, and you'll know for sure if this is the problem when you teleport her in if she appears in the Townie household and not Default. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 03, 15:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Being in the townie household isn't the cause. More likely Bella is "unlinked": A lot of Strangetown sims have odd bugs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 04, 00:50:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I thought of that, but she was always linked before.  I married her off to Alexander in my game and she was just a normal townie and definitely linked.  I know for a fact that I've had this same problem with sims who haven't gone into the Default house and moving them out of their original household via SimPE or teleporting them in has always solved it.  It happens whenever dormies die, they always stay in the Townie household, although they can usually be resurrected anyway.  Maybe there's some deeper problem, dunno.  As you say Strangetown has some odd bugs - strange, in fact. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 04, 02:49:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem with the cow mascot. I eventually had to move her into the household before cowplanting her to get her to be resurrectable.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 04, 09:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Bella Goth in Strangetown is a completely different sim than the one in Pleasantview.  The one in Pleasantview is unlinked by default, but the one in Strangetown is a townie, and I believe she is linked by default.  I don't remember now and I moved her to Pleasantview a long time ago before I knew that was a Very Bad Thing.
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 04, 21:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Bella Goth in Strangetown is a completely different sim than the one in Pleasantview.  The one in Pleasantview is unlinked by default, but the one in Strangetown is a townie, and I believe she is linked by default.  I don't remember now and I moved her to Pleasantview a long time ago before I knew that was a Very Bad Thing.

* LK laughs at rainbow's Big, Hairy Blunder

Tongue

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 05, 17:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LK, any chance the person falling down the stairs (in your avatar) could be set on fire and drown? Just thinking aloud; don't mind me. Smiley

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 July 06, 18:42:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure there's a pool of water and a torch at the end of the stairs.  Y'all are welcome to watch the avatar closely to see if he ever makes it down there.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 July 08, 23:31:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't it be too wet for him to ignite?

Why not a deep pool of gasoline?  You can still drown in gasoline. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: