More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 05:01:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Deleting character files of dead sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Deleting character files of dead sims  (Read 4067 times)
iona
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Deleting character files of dead sims
« on: 2006 July 23, 18:39:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi,
I decided to make my downtown be like more 'real downtown.'
Then I installed the CAS default face replacement and killed dozens of ugly townies  Shocked
so that there are new townies around my town. Yeah, I know I'm evil.  Cry

But dead sim's character file isn't got rid of after they're dead,
and there are about 1,000 character files in my neighborhood folder.

I want to delete the dead townies' files with SimPE because they are making my game load slowly.
Anybody know any good way to get rid of those useless character files?
SimPE Sim Browser doesn't seem to let me know which one is dead.

Sorry for my poor English. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
Re: Deleting character files of dead sims
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 23, 18:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like you're already gonna have a BFBVFS no matter what you do...

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 24, 01:41:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Find out their file numbers and delete them from your actual neighbourhood character file folder.  Deleting them in SimPE doesn't get rid of them unfortunately.  Alternatively, if you have TS2 Enhancer, you can delete them in there.  It's much easier as you can see their faces much more clearly.  Theoretically you should also delete all their Wants & Fears files, to avoid new Sims who take their spots from getting leftover bits & pieces (such as toddlers with a LTW to woo-hoo with 20 Different Sims, as happened to one of mine ... not that it matters, she's Libra and will probably end-up a Romance Sim anyway, as both her parents are).

In future, don't kill them.  Make the neighbourhood, save and exit, then delete all their files straightaway.  When you go back in, you won't have any townies or NPC's and you can then create new ones with better faces if you want to.  You can always make them yourself in CAS, then change them into townies with Inge's Teleporter Bush.

What I do to get rid of ugly or too ordinary ones is find a Sim I like, download it, then use TS2 Enhancer to copy the package file onto the townie (you can't do that with SimPE, you can only use a Sim already in the neighbourhood,which is a bit pointless as you just end-up with a clone).  It automatically updates the facial structure side of things, so they won't pass on the ugly genes, whereas SimPE doesn't and you have to do it yourself.  I've got some wonderful townies through doing that and it only takes a few seconds to do.  You do need to update the genetics, but that doesn't take long.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
iona
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 24, 04:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for detailed informations about deleting sims.
I already got Inge's teleporter shrub plus but couldn't think of making townies with it.  Embarrassed
Maybe I shouldn't kill sims anymore.

I never have used TS2 Enhancer and now I'm gonna try it.
Many thanks!!  Wink
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 26, 04:46:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ive done this many times with the simenhancer tool (www.sims2programs.com)  with no problems.   it shows which are dead or otherwise 'not of the world' by showing the picture greyscale.  its very user friendly, you can sort by first name, last name, or user id.  you can change last names without having to resort to simpe,  although changing the genetics did NOT work for me, killed the lot till i fixed her back.  i just tried to change skin color....  well anyway its very useful tool you need to pay, $20?  for, but the updates are all free. well worth the money.

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: