More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 16:07:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  sims not aging
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: sims not aging  (Read 9397 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
sims not aging
« on: 2005 August 28, 12:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tonight I played a house I haven't played in a while. After about 3 simdays, I noticed they weren't aging. I turned aging on. Still not aging.

I turned aging off, saved, then turned aging back on. Still nothing.

These are CAS sims on a homebuilt lot, not downloaded. This is in my clean, start-from-fresh n'hhod with only 80 characters.

My other lots are fine, sims aging normally. Nothing new added to downloads since playing the lots that do age.

A google search only turned up the sims.uk forum, which appears to be down currently. A bbs search on kmlough's list returned nothing though I'll go and have a thorough read now.

Anybody have any ideas?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Zootyzoot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: sims not aging
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 28, 13:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This exact same thing has happened to me: I have never used the ageing off cheat, but these CAS sims on a homemade lot on an unscrewy neighbourhood are inexplicably, irritatingly immortal.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 28, 13:33:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just had a d'oh moment - is it spelt "ageing off" or "aging off"?

If it's ageing off - or 'ageing on' I should say, I might be in with a chance.

Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 28, 13:45:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it is aging on/off. Sorry.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
Kukes
Corpulent Cretin

...cue destruction...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 28, 13:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(sorry about previous post, I need to read more thoroughly). Have you tried moving them out of the house and back in? This tends to fix these kinds of problems (I had a similar problem in a house I built and this fixed it).
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 28, 14:16:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just had a d'oh moment - is it spelt "ageing off" or "aging off"?If it's ageing off - or 'ageing on' I should say, I might be in with a chance.
Well, it SHOULD be "ageing" in the UK version, but of course it isn't.  Just as well I never turn it off, otherwise I would be cursing everytime I was forced to type it without the 'e'.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 28, 14:18:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it absolutely should be, but to the best of my knowledge it isn't. If I am wrong, please tell me so.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 28, 14:30:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it absolutely should be, but to the best of my knowledge it isn't. If I am wrong, please tell me so.
No, it isn't, it's "aging off/on".  I was just having one of my usual whinges about the fact that in the UK we are forced at gunpoint to use American spellings.  I just wish they would pay me to change them all, I'd make a fortune.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 28, 18:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone on this site posted a similar problem, but they had moved a house from the Uni campus to the regular neighborhood, and that was causing the sims not to age and the pregnant sim's pregnancy wouldn't progress.  Moving them to a regular lot solved the problem, but you say this is a lot you built yourself, right?  Perhaps moving them to a different lot would help.  JM says there is an aging controller on each lot, and that's why the campus lots don't work right in the regular neighborhood.
Zootyzoot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 28, 20:23:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah, this happened to me way before uni.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 29, 02:37:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has been happening to me randomly.  The first was a uni lot,so I figured it was a controller on the lot that was doing it.  Then I had it happen to another fam,and I had to move them off the Maxis lot to another Maxis lot and the lot became corrupted and I had to move them again.  I played a couple of sim days and left and came back to make sure that I could get back into the lot and I could.  Then the next one was interesting, the lot had parents,two teens, a toddler,and two infants,and everyone aged correctly except for the teens.  I just let it go because the were leaving for uni in a couple of days anyways.  But the game started crashing when there is a birth after the toddler and I have to move the mother off to have her babies.  The poor dad cries like a baby every time.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 August 29, 03:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved the whole lot within the n'hood, no joy.

I'll try moving the family in and out, but I particularly like the house as it has evolved for them.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I'll give it a go. First time this hitch has happened to me, haven't used testing cheats or changed any sims ages in simpe. I've turned 'aging off' on one lot, but played two lots since where ageing was working fine.

Ancient Sim, I relate about the spelling. In New Zealand, we follow the English way of spelling, but more and more in our schools, partly because of the strong influence of American culture, the introduction of txting and many more International students, we have a constant battle. Many places give up and accept either spelling as long as the student is consistent in their useage.

I did just run Pescado's UK hack, now my simcloack reads in military time.  Roll Eyes Don't see any changed spellings. (I have a userstartup.cheat that makes my cars run on the LHS of the road though).

Edit: I moved the sims to a new empty section, they're ageing properly now. Must be lot specific. Which means I can't use the lot that was coming along nicely. I have remembered though, it was one of the cheap Maxis houses I started with, then I was adding and modifying. Pure laziness really, I won't be using the pre-made ones again.
« Last Edit: 2005 August 29, 05:27:44 by witch » Logged

Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 August 30, 07:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to have one Sim on a lot who wouldn't age. Well, he'd age during play, but as soon as I exited the lot and went back, he was reset to the beginning of the Adult stage. Very odd, considering that in all aspects, he was an Elder.

I finally got so tired of his being stuck in early Adulthood, yet slouching around and talking in that irritating voice, that I used Merola's painting to suck his life away. Death and the Hula Girls came, and left behind a gold-trimmed urn, despite the Sim being nowhere near the top of his career.

He was too corrupt. He needed killin'.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 August 30, 15:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want that on a t-shirt! lol

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 August 31, 00:38:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to have one Sim on a lot who wouldn't age. Well, he'd age during play, but as soon as I exited the lot and went back, he was reset to the beginning of the Adult stage. Very odd, considering that in all aspects, he was an Elder.

I finally got so tired of his being stuck in early Adulthood, yet slouching around and talking in that irritating voice, that I used Merola's painting to suck his life away. Death and the Hula Girls came, and left behind a gold-trimmed urn, despite the Sim being nowhere near the top of his career.

Where have I heard that before?  I know I've heard someone say that before..."He needed killin" when asked why he killed someone.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 02, 07:25:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have another lot that is not aging.  In Veroniville, the Monty House.  Olivia and her children are aging fine but (forgot his name, Romeo's dad) and his mother(boy, I'm braindead tonight) aren't aging.  This will be my third house that I'm going to have to ditch in Veroniville.  I doesn't work(for me) to move them in and out- I have to move them to a different house.  It is weird that it is only affecting some of the family-that doesn't even seem possible.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 02, 07:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dunno if this is relevant to anyone, but if you have my hacked birthday cake, it has an anti-aging feature enabled by default.  Click on the cake and turn it off if that appies to you.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 07, 09:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where have I heard that before?  I know I've heard someone say that before..."He needed killin" when asked why he killed someone.
I think it's an old Southern American expression. I hang out with some old Southern Americans.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 07, 09:29:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to have one Sim on a lot who wouldn't age.
I have this problem with a few maxis-made sims. cas sims or born-in-game sims living in the same house will age, but the maxis sims won't.

so odd.
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 September 07, 10:18:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm... I'll have to check the remaining family's memories to see if the Sim who wouldn't age was CAS or from Maxis. I know I "built" his wife, and their daughter aged fine...not sure about him, though; I don't remember. If he was from Maxis, he would have been a former NPC or Townie, because I only play custom neighborhoods.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 September 07, 11:32:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had a problem with townies or npc's (so far). It's all been the custom made families.

Pollination Tech #9's family doesn't age, except the wife, jenny because she got pregnant, and that seems to trigger the females to start aging normally, even after they're done being pregnant. and the twin girls she gave birth to age fine, but the rest of them don't.

Ophelia Nigmos didn't start aging until she got pregnant, but her husband who was born in game aged normally.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 September 07, 17:50:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's an old Southern American expression. I hang out with some old Southern Americans.

Ah, that explains it.  I was born in the South and lived there most of my life. Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: