More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 04:25:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How do I turn off this crappy music again?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How do I turn off this crappy music again?  (Read 3338 times)
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
How do I turn off this crappy music again?
« on: 2006 June 27, 22:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Argh, had to reinstall OFB and FFS and of course, forgot to back up some of my files (I got most of them).  I've searched all over MTS2 and can't seem to find the instructions for turning off the sucky startup and build/buy mode music that is bouncing up and down on my last nerve.  Does anyone know how?   

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: How do I turn off this crappy music again?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 27, 22:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the simplistic (also lazy) method by turning down my speakers.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 27, 22:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Muting music sound is an option, but then you don't get pianos or stereo music either.

I dunno about the start up music (the only thing I knew you could nix was the EA Logo and the Intro Movie) but the construction/buy mode music could also be nixed by removing each of the songs in the playlists for them.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 27, 22:25:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isnt there an option in SIMpe to turn it off? I usually just turn off my speakers too, but I think I saw a checkbox for that the other day. I don't know how well it works though
Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 27, 22:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The music settings are in the Audio section of the game settings panel. There is a tab for each music type both for "sections" of the game (Neighborhood, CAS, Build, etc.) and for the various radio stations. Each track in the list has a button to select/deselect it.

You can copy any WAV or MP3 file you like into the various subfolders in the My Documents>EA Games>The Sims 2>Music folder and then enable those tracks in the game controls. The only time I hear Maxis music is when the game is loading.  Cool

Here's an example—my oldies station has a playlist of 37 songs:

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 27, 22:37:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks - I'll have to resort to that if I can't find my original instructions.  Anything is better than maxismusic.  I spend a LOT of time in buy/build mode.   Roll Eyes

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 27, 22:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Click here to learn how to change the music on the splash screen. Just change the instructions as appropriate.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 27, 22:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks - I'll have to resort to that if I can't find my original instructions.  Anything is better than maxismusic.  I spend a LOT of time in buy/build mode.   Roll Eyes

It only takes a minute to disable the in-game tracks from within the game (there aren't that many). Then you can buy and build in silence. When I'm in build mode for an extended time, I get tired even of my own music, even though since Nightlife the game doesn't stay in the designated folders but cycles through the Build, Buy, and CAS music when you're in one of these places.

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 28, 00:09:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I hear people rave about simlish songs and sims music all the time, but honestly, I can't stand it. I use all custom music in my game.
Annette
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 28, 00:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a fan of Maxis music either. I've got all the music and sound muted in game, using the audio option. I don't even get to hear the phone ring....yay!
I just play my itunes. The only sound not muted  is the start up video but I click out of that fast. Really the only Maxis music I miss is the christmas music from the snowman stereo that came with the Holiday pack. I just find that so cute.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 28, 01:08:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the Shopping Channel's music for Buy & Build mode. The Sims 1 music was so much better than The Sims 2's.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: