More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 06:33:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Ponderings on free will on/off
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ponderings on free will on/off  (Read 2138 times)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Ponderings on free will on/off
« on: 2006 June 27, 10:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I started using macros, I've discovered the joys of having free will off and using power idle to combat sim stupidity.

However, I have noticed a few differences...

If free will is ON, actions to go to class or final exams automatically push into the queues while the sim is at uni.  I can do without the go to class one as most of the time the grade meter is already full and going to class is an all out useless pain.  However, it would be very nice to have the go to exam action auto push (you try to go through 8 sims all needing to go to an exam at the same time and not go nuts having to send them all yourself!)

I've also noticed a similar thing with owned cars and helicopters - if free will is on, the actions to go to work even for owned cars and helicoptors push into the queue.  With free will off, nothing happens.

Why does this happen?  and what can be done to fix it?  Can the action to go to work via owned car or helicopter be made to auto push even with free will off?

Alternatively, could something be done to be able to leave free will on for the lot, but take free will away from individual sims?
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: Ponderings on free will on/off
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 27, 15:40:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use monique's "Stop and go to school/work" hack, and I think it overrides free will settings to send them to work, but I'm not 100% sure since I don't turn free will off that much. I guess you could try it.

There's also an individual free will hack somewhere on MTS2... maybe by dizzy2 or monique. But I've found that without monique's hack sims can get locked into actions that they will not stop doing even though the action "go to work" has been pushed into the queue.

Fail.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 27, 21:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Sara

I've located the mod by Monique, and I'm thinking that it will do what I want it to.

But, it only mentions school/work, so I've got no idea if it also works for sending sims to exams in uni.  Classes don't bother me, but I hate having sims miss exams because I've forgotten to send them...  I often have several IE windows open and a chat or two while I sim, particularly when dealing with the uni aspect.  Anyone know one way or the other?

Also, does anyone know of any conflicts with this mod and the awesome hacks here?
Meska
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 27, 23:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a hack over at MTS2 made by user name Obtainchi that offers Individual Freewill.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=129855

"Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here...nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'..."
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 27, 23:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* ness madly mashes the thanks button

Looks like that hack was the kind of thing I was looking for...  I'll have to grab it and check whether the actions auto push even for sims with free will off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: