More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 19:27:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Social for toddlers please!!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Social for toddlers please!!!!  (Read 18143 times)
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Social for toddlers please!!!!
« on: 2006 June 27, 08:04:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have searched every hack site and maybe I'm just blind, or too picky about my game, but does anyone know of a hack where toddlers and adults will gain social when a toddler is playing and the adult joins them?  It's just stupid that they don't.

Any connection between my reality and yours is purely coincidental...
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Social for toddlers please!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 27, 08:14:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you do know that they will gain social when playing with the rabbit head?
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 27, 08:16:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually have numerators mirrors because it's easier to gain body as a toddler then a child or teen...maybe that's why. But they don't seem to with the logic block thing either...

eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 28, 05:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another thought, does anyone else find it annoying that (aside from the mirror) whenever you go to feed a bottle to a toddler who is playing, the action cancels out cuz the parent can't get to them to give them the bottle, then they go back to playing and you have to cancel that out and make them go to the bottle and drink?  Maybe it's just me...

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 28, 05:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

use the baby controller... 
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 28, 05:33:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do!  Even with that it still cancels out.  They bring the bottle to them, then end up setting it on the floor because the path is blocked.  Even when the kid is sitting out in the middle of the room with nothing by them, it's the toy itself I think.  That doesn't happen to you?

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 28, 06:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do know that sims can interact with toddlers, right? If you use the action "play with" and then "tickle" that will also increase their social/relationship score?

Most of my toddlers are friends with all their family members and at least a couple of people who don't live in the house.

eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 28, 08:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They don't have a laughing hysterically icon...shame.  Was that a serious question?

Jarsie
Pinheaded Pissant

Chihuahuas rule and other dogs drool!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 28, 16:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They don't have a laughing hysterically icon...shame.  Was that a serious question?

Yes, it was a serious question, just like yours was. And a sincere attempt to help you solve your problem. I think *somebody* in here needs a serious attitude adjustment.

You asked about a certain social for toddlers, and others pointed out to you a *possible* solution to your problem. Why do I get the feeling that you think you're better than the people on this forum?
Could it be because of the tone of your reply?

MATY Buddies: Everyone on Ms. Perception's buddy list, plus the *other* Ferrets and Kookiedoe. And now Ausimpv just because it will piss a certain stupidone off, and because she asked me nicely. Oh, and Theisz, just cause I felt like adding her to my MATY buddies list.
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 28, 19:27:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh come now, do you really think someone who hasn't figured out that there are ways to socially interact with toddlers could even figure out how to use a forum?  Of course I know that, how could you not?  It's great that someone wants to help, of course, but come on....
I simply want to know if there is a hack for the social when they are skilling and another person is playing with them, like I stated, not that hard to understand I thought!  Because aside from the rabbit head apparently (which I don't use often enough to know...oh my, the one who thinks she's better is admitting to not knowing something!) they don't gain social and how could they not if someone is playing with them?  Just seems silly to me.

I DON'T think I'm better, that just seemed like a pretty silly question, you'd have to have rarely played the game if at all to not know that, doncha think?

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 28, 19:29:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is still a nicer way of saying, "Yes, I knew that" without being an asshat.

Asshat.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 28, 19:37:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, thats funny, seemed to me that someone that would ask a question like that would think I was a total moron that couldn't even figure out the basics of the game...so excuse my reply...but I don't like people making me feel stupid either, like I said, how could you not know that if you've even raised one toddler?  Now, if everyone is finished pointning that out, does anyone have anything constructive to add?

Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 28, 19:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, thats funny, seemed to me that someone that would ask a question like that would think I was a total moron that couldn't even figure out the basics of the game...so excuse my reply...but I don't like people making me feel stupid either, like I said, how could you not know that if you've even raised one toddler?  Now, if everyone is finished pointning that out, does anyone have anything constructive to add?

Yes, you brought all of this on yourself. Just drop this arguement please.
Nova
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 28, 19:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

does anyone have anything constructive to add?

I ate a hotdog for lunch
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 28, 19:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kinda why I said the last line.... I'm a moron and an asshat, whatever that is, so humbley I appologize for being the idiot....  I really just want to know if anyone has an answer.  Or all you just having more fun bashing someone who reacted badly to someone implying she was an idiot?  Hot dogs sound good...maybe I'll just go lunch and give up!

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 28, 20:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, honestly, as I don't make my sims interact with their children much. I am not aware of any Maxis made objects that bring up the social bar for both the parent and the toddler.

And there really aren't that many custom new objects for sims of toddling age.

Althouuuuugh, I think the teddy bear brings up social for both when a sim "talks through" to the baby.

I think.

Not sure.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 28, 20:17:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And just a lil side note, my wittle toddlers usually get nothing BUT the Talking Bunny Head toy. As charisma is THE most annoying skill in the game to raise (with the exception of career rewards, all the items in the game that raises charisma, drains comfort and fun REALLY fast) I usually have my toddlers get their 8 points in charisma and then give them the puzzle thingy, as logic is also annoying to raise.

My babies parents are usually too busy skilling themselves to try and interact with the baby while its playing.

And yes, I noticed that bottle dropping thing with toys (not just the mirror). I think the only time the parent actually gives the bottle to the youngin is if they're sitting in the middle of a LARGE empty room. For some reason, sims cannot turn around and give the bottle to the kid RIGHT AT THEIR FEET.

eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 June 28, 20:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmmm, haven't tried the teddy bear, I pretty much stick to skilling objects for my kids.   Had the teddy bear a few times, but they kept hauling it all over the place and setting it in the way of other things, irritating...
I know that reading to them works too... but my kids spend so much time skilling I hate to waste it simply for social when they really should be able to be skilling and bring it up.  I know, I get irritated too easy Tongue  Although I discovered a bug, maybe only in my game who knows...so i end up reading to them more nowadays anyway.  Just an annoying little thing that maxis overlooked that has been bugging me since I started playing, I figured maybe someone had made a hack somewhere...oh well.

For some reason, sims cannot turn around and give the bottle to the kid RIGHT AT THEIR FEET.
  LMAO thank you thank you!!!!

btw, the mirror is the only one that DOESN'T seem to do that for me, another reason why I use it all the time, although I usually have to prod them to use it.  I find body annoying to build.  The pool is fun but builds it so slowly and everything else drains bladder, hygene and comfort super quick...unless you put a snapdragon next to them *sigh*

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 June 28, 20:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With my most recent family, I had the baby cycling between the rabbit, the logic puzzle, and the xylophone. I think she ended up 8/6/6 on her skills respectively. I used the MST2 toddler blanket, so she would put herself to sleep then wake up for her skilling without any interaction from the adults. Inventory full of smart milk and her parents never stepped into her room except for taking her to the tub for a bath.

Poor thing.

I usually wait for teenage years before I work on body (I don't even HAVE the mirror) because then I can throw them on the treadmill. Child years are usually spend watching the cooking channel and studying cleaning and mechnical from books, as children don't seem to get as large a motive drag doing those as adults. (It may just be the personality difference between them and their parents)

eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 June 28, 20:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you teach them to walk, talk and potty train?  I've started to think maybe that's just a waste of time, all they seem to get out of it is memories.  But you'd have to potty train at least...

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 June 28, 20:45:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah, of course. I do that almost as soon as they transition.

I BELIEVE that teaching them these things ensure that they 'grow up well.'

Since they pretty much clog up the toddler's wants until they're done.

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 June 29, 00:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I BELIEVE that teaching them these things ensure that they 'grow up well.'

"Ensure" may be too strong a word.  It raises the likelihood, sure, but it's not a guarantee.  A toddler who's learned all his/her skills and is in platinum 5 minutes before transition can still fall all the way into the red and grow up badly if something happens to trigger a major fear (for example, a close relative dying) before they manage to grow up. 

Karen
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 June 29, 00:26:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, doesn't growing up well just give them 'happy memories' and a chance to live longer?
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 June 29, 00:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know I have never bother to try it, but it would be kind of cool if the parents could play with the toddlers while they are playing with toys. What about the dollhouse? I know toddlers with toddlers can gain social playing with the toys, but I dont think I have ever tried it with kids or adults. I know kids can join in the dollhouse and get social with the toddlers....

Social isnt raise when playing with the skilling items with toddlers? Hmmm...interesting.
« Last Edit: 2006 June 29, 01:27:48 by nectere » Logged
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 June 29, 01:07:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If there's enough room, then adults and children can watch the kids play with the xylophone and the blocks, but you pretty much need an empty tile all around the toy, and that rarely happens in my houses. I don't think these toys work nearly as well as the rabbit, at increasing relationship scores.

And, just to clarify, if I sounded like I thought you were an idiot, maybe you needed to phrase your question more clearly.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: