More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:33:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Ye Olde Simmes 2 Archives: Dead Creators
| |-+  Ye Olde Syberspunke Archives (Moderator: syberspunk)
| | |-+  Testers Wanted: Assign Be DJ Teen Fix (Updated 3/8/2008)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Testers Wanted: Assign Be DJ Teen Fix (Updated 3/8/2008)  (Read 17708 times)
syberspunk
Heretic

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Testers Wanted: Assign Be DJ Teen Fix (Updated 3/8/2008)
« on: 2006 June 26, 23:34:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Be DJ Teen Fix v1.02 for TS2FT v1.0p0
Made by: syberspunk

This bug was reported here. This is a simple fix that should properly enable teens to work as DJs. For some reason, the interaction is incorrectly checked for toddlers instead of teens in the pie menu function (TTAB). Tongue

INSTALLATION:
This MUST be in your Downloads folder, typically found under:

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Downloads

Compatibility:
This should work for OFB/FFS.

This hack is compatible with most, if not all mods by MATY crew (Pescado, TJ, and CBoy), dizzy, and probably more. Again, up to you to help me determine any possible conflicts.

REMINDER and fine print (to cover my ass ) :
Remember to ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR DATA BEFORE INSTALLING NEW HACKS. By using this hack, you agree to absolve me of any responsibility or liability for any potential loss of or damage to your data. You have been warned.

HOW TO REPORT: Conflicts, problems, or errors
I would appreciate any constructive criticism and feedback that is actually helpful. With that in mind, it would be helpful, when reporting any conflicts or issues, that you include the following:

1) thorough but reasonably brief description of what you were doing
2) clear, comprehendible explanation of your problem
3) list of hacks that may be related the dining globals or npc related downtown jobs
4) archived (.rar or .zip) of log produced by error

HOW TO PRODUCE AN ERROR LOG:
1) Open the cheat menu - Ctrl + Shift + C
2) Enable the debug mode - Type: boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
3) Hit Enter Tongue
4) Play as normal until an error occurs. If an error dialog box pops up, note the location of the error log and choose Reset. If the error pops up repeatedly, choose Delete and exit WITHOUT SAVING!
5) Post your error log here, preferably as a .zip or .rar archive.

Posts which do not include a clear description of what your problem is will be pretty much ignored. (i.e. posts such as "This does not work! I am taking it out! You suck! Nice try! etc.") I can't and won't help you if you don't explain what's wrong.

Please be nice when trying to explain your problem and I might be nice and help you.

Finally, my Thank Yous go to:

J.M. Pescado, twojeffs, dizzy2, and jase439 for being excellent tutors and providing excellent models in their mods. As always, thanks to those creators who've put out some excellent modding tutorials, Quaxi and co for SimPE, and dizzy2 for disaSim2, and the finally letters T and S, and the number 2, all of whom, without which this mod would not be possible.

Version History:
v1.01 - Updated for Bon Voyage
v1.02 - Updated for Free Time

* assignbedjteenfix.zip (2.18 KB - downloaded 785 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 March 09, 03:58:18 by syberspunk » Logged

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Testers Wanted: Assign Be DJ Teen Fix
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 27, 03:09:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Groovy!

I had the option, it just didnt work, I think it worked once, but for whatever reason the teen stopped being the dj and never would again, I tried several teens. I thought the thing was bugged so I bought another...no dice. Tired on several different lots - again nada.

SO YAY! Thanks for making this, I had bugged Pescado and Squinge about it, but alas I suppose it wasnt an awesome enough request to fullfill. Thank you syberspunk - YOU are awesome.
Nadira
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 27, 07:31:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks sooo much, thatīs great! Have downloaded and will test tonight!
(In desperation tried to find the bug myself yesterday, but seems I am simply too dumb ....)
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 27, 08:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice...I've a couple of sims who can "volunteer" as playtesters. Should probably allow Business Runs You to work correctly as well with regards to assigning teens as DJs (the option is there, but it keeps dropping out).

Edit: I really have to remember to actually DOWNLOAD the damn thing before posting a comment! Argh!
« Last Edit: 2006 June 28, 12:48:17 by DrBeast » Logged

Let the Beast inside you free!
Nadira
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 02, 11:21:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tested for several Sim days: Works great, no problems. Thanks again!
(Just curious - How did you know where exactly to look for the bug?)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 02, 11:27:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With these, it's generally pretty obvious where the bug is likely to be, and it only takes a cursory examination to find it, if you know what you're doing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Nadira
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 05, 07:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Little nitwit has tried to be less dumb and has learned lately to understand a bit about object bhavs and even to mod them slightly to needs and preferences with SimPE.
I am not the programming type and I donīt understand much about programmers language - up to now I managed to analyze objects by the simple logical approach.

Where I definitely got stuck are text lists. I can work simple things forward (like getting animations, editing pie menues, modifying dialogue), but I have not found a way how to backtrace an existing textlist to what it is refering to (I wanted to do that to get more understanding about how some maxis objects work). I have looked for a special "text-list-tutorial", but drawn a blank up to now.
(In this special case of the DJ-stand I had an idea of WHAT I was looking for, but I did not find the correct location)

I know you are far beyond my minor realms - but perhaps you can help me just by giving a hint where I could get more information to tackle that problem?

« Last Edit: 2006 July 05, 07:41:09 by Nadira » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: