More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:42:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sim movies
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim movies  (Read 3717 times)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
Sim movies
« on: 2006 June 26, 00:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Recently I followed a link from brynneland to this amazing, eye-popping, jawdroppingly beautiful video
This has also led the song on the video to be my new favorite song that I have listened to over and over.

I would love to find more really well done movies with the sims.  Anyone have any they'd like to share?  What do you look for in a good sim movie?  For me camera movement and angles are very important.

I prefer movies that tell a story, rather than just shots of a band or singer with music in the background.  Stories with good voice acting and writing are a must.  I love music videos, but really only when they tell a story.  Otherwise, I tend to lose interest pretty quickly.

ETA:  Our very own Notovny has made some awesome and fun movies as well (holding out for a hero is so fun!).  I can't remember where they are hosted though!  Maybe the exchange....

Edited again to change the title, which I realized could be misunderstood that I was leaving, which I'm not.   Tongue  It's actually a lyric from the song in the video linked above.   stupid cwieberdink

So, anyone have any links?

C
« Last Edit: 2006 June 26, 01:47:45 by cwieberdink » Logged

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Sim movies
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 26, 02:12:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it meant you were leaving too, until I read it.  Thanks for changing the link and letting my heart beat normally again.  Wink

I'm not much of a movie person, but there's a person called April Hoffmann (or something like that) who did a series called, The Awakening.  I watched and liked that series.  I think it's available from Sims99 too.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 26, 14:13:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check out Kyle's life over at Sims99. It is seriously one of the best I watched. took the guy 9 months to make it.
It is 45 mins long and have many nice songs in it.

Go Away
VyeOlin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 28, 02:44:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2hCeWPcWvs

is my daughter's Halloween creation, she is still getting rave reviews on it. Have some others she did and some we worked on together.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 28, 06:50:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I don't feel the need for a Sim music video to have a story, but if it doesn't, it has to be set to music I like and/or be very visually impactful and edited very, very well (e.g., see Ooh La La below). I myself like a good dance video but it seems more people propagate toward Sim movies that have stories. The one issue with music videos w/stories is that for me to understand the story (I'm slow and not always so awesome), it often takes multiple viewings. With a beautifully filmed and edited movie like Helena, that's cool, I enjoy watching it again, but other films I find myself going "Huh?" without wanting to watch again.

There are breathtakingly beautiful ones at www.britannicadreams.com. My favorite is "A Mermaid's Tale".  I also like anything done by Tracechops at www.simspremiere.com. Actually, all of those directors have made wonderful movies. Also check out "The Fixer" at www.burntcoffeeprod.com. And finally, there are some very moving films at Jovial Productions.

Of course there are tons of good movies at Sims99, although you have to sift through them. For an awesome, eye candy dance treat, check out Ooh La La.

Don't exactly mean to pimp my own stuff, but I've been getting into movie-making lately and recently made one called Disco Duck that's gotten decent reviews on Sims99.
« Last Edit: 2006 June 28, 06:57:57 by Pegasys » Logged

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 28, 10:19:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course there are tons of good movies at Sims99, although you have to sift through them. For an awesome, eye candy dance treat, check out Ooh La La.

Now THAT'S what I'm talking bout!  That was awesome!  When I said dance videos, i was thinking of the ones where there are just like 4 sims standing dancing the smustle for 3.5 minutes. Which is most of the dance videos I've seen.  Oooh La La was hugely entertaining and very very well done!  Thanks so much.  I'll check out the other links later. 

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 28, 15:49:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. That one's a real trip. I love it.

And the Helena one's not bad either. Only thing I'd say was that the story itself was a tad cliche, but the video I can't find any flaws with. Very pretty, very nice staging.

It's amazing what you can do with limited resources when you've got the creativity.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 29, 02:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA:  Our very own Notovny has made some awesome and fun movies as well (holding out for a hero is so fun!).  I can't remember where they are hosted though!  Maybe the exchange....

Here, for anyone who might be wondering: http://www.sims99.com/directors.php?view=notovny

Fail.
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 29, 02:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a couple of Sim videos hosted on Gametrailers.com, and they're also on My Sim Page (Chzymffn  Roll Eyes)   Grin

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: