More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 03:30:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  You Don't Have a Baby!!! (aka Crazy Cassandra)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: You Don't Have a Baby!!! (aka Crazy Cassandra)  (Read 7530 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
You Don't Have a Baby!!! (aka Crazy Cassandra)
« on: 2006 June 22, 19:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I really do think that Cassandra has gone totally ga-ga in my game.  As I've mentioned on a couple of other threads, less than 24 hours after Darren died she decided to fall in love with his grandson, the one she'd taught to study and whose nappies she'd changed when he was a baby.  He wanted to go steady with her (but seems to have changed his mind now) and all Cassandra wanted to do was flirt with him and give him backrubs.

Cassandra has now re-rolled her desire to marry again (within seconds of Darren's death she wanted to fall in love and get married again) and still wants to flirt with Darren's grandson, but she has two more rather strange wants.  To explain, she kept asking to have another baby and was still doing this even after turning elder.  Whether it's because in my game they don't become elders until 64 I don't know, but it seemed odd that she was continuing to ask for a baby even after she transitioned.  I put it down to the presence of TwoJeffs mod that enables adoption to satisfy the have a baby want so got her to adopt, but it didn't satisfy the want.  Turned out I didn't have that mod in after all.  I satisfied the want manually (debug mode) and all was well until the next morning, when Cassandra woke up and decided she wanted to play with the baby and buy it a changing table.  WHAT BABY?  She adopted a child!  I can only assume the want satisfying thing has caused it, but surely she should have realised that there's no baby in the house?

One thing I've noticed.  Since falling in love, Cassandra and Dane have had no social contact whatsoever (and it's been 3 days now).  Whatever it is that causes sims with strong attraction to be unable to let each other out of their sight clearly doesn't apply to adult-teen relationships.  Interesting.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
Re: You Don't Have a Baby!!! (aka Crazy Cassandra)
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 22, 20:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I satisfied the want manually (debug mode) and all was well until the next morning, when Cassandra woke up and decided she wanted to play with the baby and buy it a changing table.  WHAT BABY?  She adopted a child!  I can only assume the want satisfying thing has caused it, but surely she should have realised that there's no baby in the house?

I get the buy a changing table & high chair wants as well with adopted children but I have never had the play with baby one.  Weird! I think Cassandra in your game is going senile Tongue
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 22, 21:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think all elders go a bit kooky...  I've had elder romance and popularity sims roll up the want to meet aliens, elder family and fortune sims roll up the want to publicly woohoo...

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 22, 21:14:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cassandra has always been a bit gaga in my game!  Ancient, I think it's time you built that nursing home!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 22, 22:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have a retirement home in my original Pleasantview, but I've not bothered to repeat it with the latest version.  Cassandra has always been weird, let's face it, but she's really going too far now.  I am toying with the idea of either getting her to adopt Darren's grandson, or bringing Darren back from the dead.  Either of those should finish her off, I reckon.  She's just one cooking point short of making Mad Scientist now and I can't think of anything more apt.  In my original P'view she died two hours after becoming one, so she'll have a bit longer at it this time.

Just before I left her lot, she spent about 3 hours trying to sleep with Dirk.  She totally ignored her own bed and tried all she could to get in with Dirk, but I wouldn't let her.  In the end, she fell asleep standing up in the bathroom.  I woke her up and she finally went into her own bed, but only because Dirk's wife had chosen to relax next to her husband on their bed.  I was so taken with all this that I totally missed the death of a townie teen, who'd fallen prey to Deadly Dollhouse Syndrome.  I need to turn my speakers up, I never hear the Reaper on big lots and for some reason there was no pop-up window thingy, or maybe there was and I closed it.  I am always getting them and there's never anything to see when I click on them. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 22, 22:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What on earth do you do to your sims, Ancient?  Mine never want to sleep in their own beds, let alone someone else's!  Methinks you need the sleepclock!

Oh, and put a second door on Dirk's bedroom, lock one so only he can use it, the other so only his wife can use it - that should foil cassandra!

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 22, 22:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was so taken with all this that I totally missed the death of a townie teen, who'd fallen prey to Deadly Dollhouse Syndrome.

Is that where they play with it even as they're starving to death, like with the charisma rabbit? I thought TJ's hack took care of that problem...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 22, 22:44:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient was told about the hack - but she likes surprises!

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 22, 22:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient was told about the hack - but she likes surprises!

Yea, come to think of it I have that hack disabled in my game currently.  My P-view was getting a bit too predictable, so I figured it was time to let them start making more stupid 'decisions' for a while. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 22, 22:59:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really need it in mine - I've never really noticed them playing for too long, and if the toddler stops then they usually stop too.

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 23, 03:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine don't need toddlers, on account of how I have a mod that allows adults to play with the doll's house on their own.  Practically every visitor goes for it sooner or later.  Brandi Broke died from the Syndrome and so did JM's wife Maxine, except I didn't save it in her case due to something else not going right.  Pity, I was going to marry him off to Cassandra ... they used to bring each other home from work every day at one time (well, Cassandra brought JM home more often and she was always phoning him up), but as soon as he got married, Cassandra lost interest.  I tell you, she's a TART. 

As for locking the doors and all that, no fun in it.  I LIKE stopping them doing what they want.  I just wish they would catch-on as to what is going on.  If TS3 doesn't let them learn from their mistakes, I ain't buying it.  I want INTELLIGENT Sims next time.  Now stop laughing, because it has to be possible ... hasn't it???

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 23, 03:58:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*pats Ancient Sim on head*
Sure, everything's possible, you bet. Now you sit quietly and play with this lovely little llama-in-the-box (MTS2 required!) and the rest of us will just go over there and giggle. No, we aren't giggling at you. Of course not. Everything's fine.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 23, 04:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you WILL use a non-awesome mod to let them do something potentially lethal, and you won't use TJ's awesome mod to stop them dying from it, I have no sympathy for you, but a lot of sympathy for your poor, mistreated sims!  Grin  And put poor Cassandra in a nursing home!

Zephyr Zodiac
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 23, 05:38:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get similar wackiness when I satisfy wants in debug mode. For example, if I cheat-satisfy a "make friends with x" want, it almost invariably changes to "become best friends with x", even if at that point they still barely know x.  I think using debug mode to satisfy a want just carries on the want tree as if they'd actually satisfied it, without checking to see if it's logical or not in relation to how the want was satisfied.
I don't know if I'm making sense or not now.. long week!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 23, 08:31:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rarely use debug mode to do anything but ----debug!  Then I turn it off.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 23, 09:48:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I've noticed.  Since falling in love, Cassandra and Dane have had no social contact whatsoever (and it's been 3 days now).  Whatever it is that causes sims with strong attraction to be unable to let each other out of their sight clearly doesn't apply to adult-teen relationships.  Interesting.
I blame the non-awesome. It's that simple.

Ancient Sim Sucks!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 23, 09:50:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's copy and paste time again!

Zephyr Zodiac
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 June 28, 21:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A Nursing home! D'oh! How did I not think of that before...now we need hospital beds and medical crap, and wheelchairs! ooooo I think that would be funny!

Any connection between my reality and yours is purely coincidental...
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 June 28, 21:59:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure you can download a wheelchair from MTS2-I think Windkeeper made it Smiley

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 June 29, 00:24:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You would have to copy over the code for Mrs Crumplebottom so that all your elders could beat up random sims for public displays of affection.

Just think...an entire army of elders could be mobilised with handbags, zimmerframes, grey hair and glasses [vilia shudders]

of course they wouldn't be able to get very far very fast as they would have to keep going to the bathroom
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: