More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 23:49:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  "Sim Has Died On Another Lot" Bugs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "Sim Has Died On Another Lot" Bugs  (Read 6259 times)
Orbit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
"Sim Has Died On Another Lot" Bugs
« on: 2006 June 24, 03:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, first off, I have OFB with Op2.  I tried to move all the graves off of the Goth's lot (the Maxis one) and onto a community lot using the "Move All Graves" interaction.  For every one of the graves, I got a "Sim Has Died On Another lot [...] Will Return To Place Of Death" and then a message saying that the grave won't be moved until I save the lot. I even got one for Mortimer, who died of old age on the lot.  So I'm thinking something's wrong with my game.  And I don't want to lose all of the graves forever, so I haven't saved and gone to the community lot to see if the graves are there.  All of the hacks that affect death are Awesome, all updated for OFB.  No error log was produced.

Help....
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
Re: "Sim Has Died On Another Lot" Bugs
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 24, 04:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No nothing is wrong with your game, this is how the game now handles moving graves.

The only real issue with it handling it this way is that if a sim on the lot has the fear of a family member dying they will take an aspiration hit since the sim had "died again" persay.

The other message has always been there, as obviously the move can't be saved if you don't save what you have just done.

I don't know when this was changed...which patch as I only had my first death in my new neighborhood a week or so ago and it was the first death in a long long time for my sims.  Although it can cause that extra aspiration hit, I no longer have problems with moving graves, graves not showing up properly on community lots, ect that I did before.                       
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 24, 12:08:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the "died on another lot" messages started popping up with OFB.  Or at least it did for me anyway.

I remember moving all of the graves on Olive Specter's lot to a community lot and both she and Ophelia got reapeated meemories of Willow and Creon (Ophelia's parents) dying.  And walked around moping about it like it they had just died.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 24, 12:36:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup. It happens with all the graves with OFB, new or old, with or without the patch.

Case a) The Goth's tombstones are moved to a graveyard. Cassandra goes into aspiration failure because she fears the death of a family member.
Case b) Sim dies. Grave is immediately moved. Family members are mopey for normal period of time.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Orbit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 24, 13:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, does this bug have to be there for something to work?  (For instance, there was some code changed in OFB that makes the "Sim Has Died On Another Lot" bug mandatory for the grave to be moved.)  Or is this just another bug in Maxis coding?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 24, 19:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bug. There's a fix for it in the test directory.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: