More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 05:17:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Fulfiling Multiple LTWs/'Impossible' LTWs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fulfiling Multiple LTWs/'Impossible' LTWs  (Read 20760 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Fulfiling Multiple LTWs/'Impossible' LTWs
« Reply #25 on: 2006 June 27, 16:23:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The earning money thing is completely screwy with OFB that is for sure.

One of my sims owned a successful robot shop.  I sold Servos for I think it was 25k each since they were such a pain to craft.  His children were the cashiers of the shop since it was a family business.  Well after ringing up the servo buyers he had attained the memory of earned 100k despite the fact that he had actually made no money at all, it was his father's shop, and his father's profits.
Everyone present in the family gains "earned money" credit for the shop.

Unfortunately, everyone gets the *SAME* earned money credit for the shop, and I don't think it's split, either. Meaning if you earn $25K, 4 people earn 25K. Note that the definition of "earned" is used incredibly loosely, since the money is earned even if it is not a profit! If you buy a TV wholesale for 5K and sell it for 10K, the game treats it as earning 10K, not 5K. If you buy it for 5K and sell it for 4K, you still are treated as earning 4K....even though you lost money! Naturally, the entire "Earn Money" system is completely and irreversibly buggered by this. The earnings system is simply completely dodgy. Of course, such practices are apparently normal in California, where Maxis lives. After all, it's only illegal if you get caught. Don't get busted like those Enron chumps, y'hear?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 June 27, 18:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Put them into the inventory? But it's so much more fun this way! I want to see how long it will take for the house to fill up with roses. Tongue

I was wondering why you kept all those flowers around, since they don't seem to have any practical value other than to be sold (since OFB).

Well, I don't go in for dating much!  This way, I know which flowers were given to which sim!  So then I know whose turn it is to ask for a date!

Ah! You need Squinge's Date and Wealth Counter!

Version 2b counts dates, woohoo, makeout, simultaneous best friends and lovers, fights won and lost, and money earned to date. The current version adds some cheats that don't interest me, so I haven't upgraded.

Since this is really just an interface for displaying sim data rather than an actual hack, I don't think its non-awesomeness should be a concern.  Roll Eyes

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 June 27, 22:06:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did the 20 loves LTW without any cheats or special beds and I swore afterwards I never wanted to see a Sim fall in love again. It's an exhausting LTW. Plus I satisfied the power want to woohoo 20 loves at the same time (might as well kill two birds with one stone...)

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2006 June 28, 01:18:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't done 20 lovers yet, although I have done 20 best friends. Much easier. Tongue

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 June 28, 02:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought Enron was based in Texas?

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 June 28, 02:42:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did the 20 loves LTW without any cheats or special beds and I swore afterwards I never wanted to see a Sim fall in love again. It's an exhausting LTW. Plus I satisfied the power want to woohoo 20 loves at the same time (might as well kill two birds with one stone...)

How long did you take? And did you eventually allow that simmie to get married and have kids? Just curious  Undecided

Go Away
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 June 28, 05:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

20 woohoos/20 lovers isn't that hard with NL and the Romance mod.  I don't know how long it took, but I've got a few Romance sims who have achieved this.  I usually have two Romance sims get married.  Then they don't get jealous of each other as long as they meet the criteria.  They even share lovers, LOL.  I'll let them have a couple of kids after I get them married.  It's a bit tricky getting them married without them taking an aspiration hit, but if you wait, the fear of marriage will go away for a bit, and then you propose. 
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 June 28, 08:19:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

20 Lovers is EASY. I just do it assembly-line style. Instead of allowing the sim to get one lover at a time, what I do is make the sim best friends (100/100) with all 20 sims. Then, one night, I just invite all of them over. Kiss, Say goodbye... Kiss, Say goodbye... Kiss, Say goodbye... Kiss, Say goodbye... etc. I can usually do all 20 in one night. If you do this at night, the chance of a walk-by is really small, especially since each sim gets only one romantic interraction, which means there's only a tiny window of opportunity for a jealous lover to witness it.

Fail.
Jack Rudd
Grammar Police

Grammar Militia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2006 June 28, 16:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

20 Lovers is EASY. I just do it assembly-line style. Instead of allowing the sim to get one lover at a time, what I do is make the sim best friends (100/100) with all 20 sims. Then, one night, I just invite all of them over. Kiss, Say goodbye... Kiss, Say goodbye... Kiss, Say goodbye... Kiss, Say goodbye... etc. I can usually do all 20 in one night. If you do this at night, the chance of a walk-by is really small, especially since each sim gets only one romantic interraction, which means there's only a tiny window of opportunity for a jealous lover to witness it.
Haha! That is excellent.

(Even better, it's likely to cause your next LTW to be "WooHoo with 20 Different Sims", and you've now got 20 Sims who are potential candidates.)

Twice West of England chess champion
FIDE rating 2328
Official MATY Predictable Puellile Poser
In Memoriam: WFM Jessie Gilbert, 1987-2006
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 June 28, 17:52:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone tried getting the "Eat 200 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches" want? The sim gets a memory for EVERY grilled cheese eaten! Its insane!

On the the 20 lovers want I got 7 or so with out hacks before it blew up and half the sims lovers showed up on a community lot at once.

Or I could be totally wrong...
shanpooter
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 June 28, 18:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I make my sim best friends with 20 others as well first.  This seems to be the easiest way to do it.  I don't believe you have to worry about walk-bys unless you are woohooing.  As long as you are in a different room, others won't notice.  They do notice woohoo though, unless they are sleeping.  I have never had a hard time getting 20 simultaneous lovers.  I just never woohoo, and do all of the "love" interactions inside my sims own home with no one else there.
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2006 June 28, 23:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK I can't believe no one has mentioned this.  The "woohoo 20 sims" LTW only requires 10 lovers.  (Small exploit).  Each of the ten, you woohoo in bed or hot tub at home, and then on a community lot for public woohoo, so it counts the same lover twice.  I don't  consider this much of an exploit, seeing as there are high chances that you will be caught by another lover on a community lot.  Actually I think this makes it a little more fun with the added risk Cheesy

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 June 29, 01:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow thanks Liss. That last piece of info is sooo useful. I am still puffing for my last 5 lovers.

The assemblyline method is useful too but I prefer to make them woo hoo  Grin

Go Away
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 June 29, 02:16:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK I can't believe no one has mentioned this.  The "woohoo 20 sims" LTW only requires 10 lovers.  (Small exploit).  Each of the ten, you woohoo in bed or hot tub at home, and then on a community lot for public woohoo, so it counts the same lover twice.  I don't  consider this much of an exploit, seeing as there are high chances that you will be caught by another lover on a community lot.  Actually I think this makes it a little more fun with the added risk Cheesy

Does it work with the photo booth? Because you can have that oe on a home lot and it still gets recorded as public woohoo... but I have noticed that the photo booth does not count the same way as a clothing booth. For example, I woohoo'd several NPCs, and while my sim got the memory of "woohoo with NPC" for each one, the want to "woohoo 5 NPCs" was not fulfilled by this.

Fail.
Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 June 29, 02:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now why didn't I think of that?  You are brilliant - thanks very much!  Grin
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 June 29, 22:02:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strictly speaking, it doesn't matter whether you're witnessed or not. Even if they hate you, they still count as a lover as long as your sim still loves them. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
shanpooter
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 June 30, 06:10:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But all of that slapping and arguing that happens when the cheatee gets furious can bring a relationship down pretty quick, can't it?  I haven't played a romance sim without a career LTW in a while, so I don't really remember. 
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 June 30, 07:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone tried getting the "Eat 200 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches" want? The sim gets a memory for EVERY grilled cheese eaten! Its insane!

You can get Squinge's mod (no repeat memory) to get rid of that. For that aspiration, there is only one LTW. So even if you fulfil that, you won't get a new LTW.

I have since given up fulfiling this LTW. It is too much to force my sim to eat 200 sandwiches. I'll probably kill myself before he does finish  Roll Eyes
Although I desperately want a marble stone with that sandwich on it...

Go Away
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 June 30, 08:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect that is because the Grilled Cheese aspiration isn't a "real" aspiration because it's simply a humorous side effect of using the Senso Orb when less than gold.  I think Maxis figured most people wouldn't play a sim that way for long and would try to get them into one of the other aspirations ASAP, hehe.  I think JM is partial to the Grilled Cheese aspiration, though.  However, I tried playing one a couple of times and it was too boring.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 June 30, 09:17:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect that is because the Grilled Cheese aspiration isn't a "real" aspiration because it's simply a humorous side effect of using the Senso Orb when less than gold.

A-HA! So THAT's how you get that aspiration...go figure!

Let the Beast inside you free!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 June 30, 09:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's not guaranteed to fail, but there's a good chance if your sim is green or below.  Undecided
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 June 30, 10:31:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're less than gold and you WANT to get it, you can just keep frobbing it until it fails. If you X out a "successful" operation with the dialog box, changing nothing as a result, you don't use a charge and can just keep putzing with it until it fails and zaps you into a Cheese sim. Mmmmm. Cheese. Also worth noting is that Cheese sims are practically guaranteed 3 bolts with any other appropriate Cheese sim even if everything else is wrong.

BEHOLD, THE POWER OF CHEESE!
DEATH TO ALL FAT, HAIRY-BELLIED NESSES!

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 June 30, 10:47:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Despite your constant calls for my death, you do notice that I'm consistently failing to die on you?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 July 01, 00:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Despite your constant calls for my death, you do notice that I'm consistently failing to die on you?

And here we thought that was just another Maxis bug... Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 July 01, 01:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I'm just stubborn and disobedient!   Wink