More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:48:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Building Contest of Awesomeness (Moderator: Ambular)
| | | |-+  Not exactly a bunker...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Not exactly a bunker...  (Read 8448 times)
Ambular
Cheese Nazi

View Profile WWW
Not exactly a bunker...
« on: 2006 June 21, 01:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, here's my entry.

This house was built on no particular style or theme, just my hopeful attempt at something that's functional and not butt-ugly.  In my tests it housed eight Sims pretty comfortably, and could probably squeeze a few more in with a bit of modification.  Built on a 3 x 3 lot, priced at $76,438, fully furnished; Career and Aspiration rewards and vehicles not included, but there should be adequate space for them.  Load time at full occupancy was moderate on my computer, which is middle-of-the-road in terms of specs.

ETA:  This house was built with Uni, NL, and OFB installed, and may crash non-EP and/or unpatched games!

Exterior front right:

Exterior front left:

The painted pattern under the roof is just there to make that space look less empty, since there are no Maxis windows that would go there.  :/

Exterior back:

Two views of the ground floor interior:

Upstairs interior:

The walk-in closets are a favorite feature of mine; I put hacked clothing racks in them and use them as actual closets, but you could also use them to stow smaller rewards not currently in use, or rip them out to expand the bedrooms.

Basement/Garage:

I failed to realize until after the house was packaged that a visitor could gain access to the restricted parts of the house via the garage; however, it should be easy to add a lockable door in the basement to prevent this.  (No visitors tried it while I was testing the house.)

My bribe for both distinguished judges is attached separately, pictures included.   Yours to keep and enjoy regardless of the contest's outcome, and I can easily add to the set if requested.

Edit:
 Because Photobucket seems to have resized my screen shots without permission, I'm attaching a .rar with the full-size shots.

* Awesome Contest House.rar (873.52 KB - downloaded 616 times.)
* Bribery.rar (4727.42 KB - downloaded 818 times.)
* HousePics.rar (2689.2 KB - downloaded 498 times.)
« Last Edit: 2013 April 20, 02:24:37 by Ambular » Logged

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Not exactly a bunker...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 02, 15:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

10.0 for aesthetics.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Not exactly a bunker...
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 05, 12:35:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bribe is tasteless and of no value. Clearly, BlueSoup has failed us! You must not!

Driveway exhibits visible artifacts due to warpature. Odd placement of redundant sprinklers. Poor selection of initially installed bathtubs. Placement of second toddler potty in bathroom both inadvisable and unnecessary. Toddler toys limited, located on ass end of nowhere. Should be moved closer.

Bribe: 0.0. I should give you a negative score just for having to inspect it!
Functionality: 3.5
Scenarios: 2.3
Expand/Adapt: 2.8
Cost Effectiveness: 1.8
Physics: 2.1
Aesthetics: 10.0

Technical: 3.525
Total: 2.115

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: