More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 07:01:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Problem with WiFi
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Problem with WiFi  (Read 5602 times)
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Problem with WiFi
« on: 2006 June 19, 18:23:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know this has nothing to do with the Sims but I really need help and I think I could get it here.

I just bought a WiFi connector that runs off my high speed Internet so I can connect my PSP and Nintendo DS to the Internet. It is a third party one instead of the Nintendo WiFi connector, which is quite simple to figure out but only works for the DS. It is called WiFi MAX and is made by Wireless G. It was about $40 the same price as the Nintendo one. I am really having trouble getting it to work I spent 5 hours on it and at one point I was freaking out because I somehow disabled my Internet.

I keep having a problem on my PSP/DS that says it can't obtain an IP address and I can't get onto the Internet with either of those devices. The website provided for the manufacturer is no help it all, all it talks about is buying new stuff. I tried to get in manually but I need to know some information that I don't know how to find, Default Roter, Primary DNS and Secondary DNS. If someone could help me with finding the problem or getting in manually it would help me very very much.  Something in the manual said if you were having problems to turn off your firewall but that doesnt help unless I had more then one firewall protector.

I do have a grantee on it but I'm pretty sure it's just my incompetence and I don't think they will fix that. If I can't fix it soon I'm going to give up on my PSP and go get the Nintendo WiFi.

I really hope you guys can help me with this, thanks.

Or I could be totally wrong...
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Problem with WiFi
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 19, 18:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For your PSP, you should try posting and searching here.........http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board?board.id=pspnet
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 19, 18:59:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For your DS, try posting and searching here........http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board?board.id=tech_questions_wifi

I don't own neither one, so I don't know what to tell you.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 19, 21:11:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Default Roter, Primary DNS and Secondary DNS.

This information can be found in your router information. You need to know this info: remote nobody can help you except maybe your ISP.

How does your internet and wireless connection work? Do you have a wireless router, a router plus wireless accesspoint, or just a single modem?
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 20, 01:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jordi, I just have a cable modem and the WiFi thing is just a USB stick that emits a signal.

Mike, Thanks for the links.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 20, 02:41:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

moonluck: check if your cable modem is a router or just a modem. If it only functions as a modem, you will need to enable ICS on the windows workstation.
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 20, 02:57:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is just a modem, no router. How do I enable ICS, or at least what does ICS stand for?

Orbit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 20, 03:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you need a router to use WiFi with the DS and PSP.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 20, 03:29:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ICS is internet connection sharing. Search Windows help for it. It basically makes Windows behave as a router.

You really need a router for this to work, but ICS may do the trick for you.
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 20, 04:40:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got it to work! It was something that I thought I tried but must not have. Thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: 2006 June 20, 05:04:53 by moonluck » Logged

Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 21, 08:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a Nintendo WiFi USB Connector, and when I first starting using it, I couldn't get it to work. However, after checking out the Nintendo WiFi forum, I found out that the server was kind of screwy and many other people couldn't get on as well.

I don't know about PSP, but the DS online server can be kind of odd at times. However, most of the time, it works wonderfully.

BTW, what kind of WiFi DS games do you have? I am always looking for someone to play with.
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 25, 00:46:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Animal Crossing WW. I still can't get to other peoples towns though, lol. Mabie it was the surver.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: