More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 00:57:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  New Patches for OFB and FFS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Patches for OFB and FFS  (Read 80888 times)
webwench
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: New Patches for OFB and FFS
« Reply #100 on: 2006 June 17, 15:25:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet again, I get the error message that installing the patch has failed and I need to reinstall. *grump*.   Angry
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2006 June 17, 15:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I'm sorry you're having problems, but maybe it's the best thing to do.  You only have to reinstall one CD after all, so it won't take long!  Just remember to remove your important game files first!

Zephyr Zodiac
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2006 June 17, 17:55:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I patched with no problems.  I just removed my hacks and it patched smoothly.  I played for about two hours last night and everything seems to be right and proper.  I haven't tested to see if it specifically fixed what it was supposed to fix.  I should qualify all this by saying that I have never had any of the major problems some people were having with OFB and FFS.  I've been very fortunate so far.   
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: 2006 June 17, 19:31:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice...(sarcasm here)...an update to the patch issue...

here ya go

If you have both FFS & OFB, you need both patches.

Nice of them to say that upfront, eh?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2006 June 17, 19:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if people are having trouble with their installatiion, it's probably their fault!  Wouldn't you know!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: 2006 June 17, 19:47:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course...it is always the user's fault.  Maxis never puts out a faulty patch ever.  (gag/choke/hurl)

Shocked
Ivy

Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2006 June 17, 20:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am so freakin' confused! Huh

Okay, so I have OFB and FFS, both of them with their appropriate patches from the last time they "fixed everything."  I read that little post from MaxiodMel that says I need both of the new patches.  I can also read, and I see that the FFS patch mainly fixes OFB issues.    I've also seen that if we remove whatever file is fouling up the install, we can do the install.   Squinge says here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=1266101#post1266101
that it's the object.package for OFB, well, what about those of us with FFS?   I don't know what to do.  What's been the easiest way to do it?  I really don't have time to deal with a reinstall today.
« Last Edit: 2006 June 17, 20:17:08 by Kristalrose » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2006 June 17, 21:09:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I watched both patches install, and I can see why you need to install both if you have both OFB and FFS -- the OFB patch replaces most of the files in the bluewater village template, which the FFS patch doesn't do.  Of course, if you already have a Bluewater Village up and running, the changes to the template don't do much for you....

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: 2006 June 17, 21:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder who they are referring to:

Pool of Dateable Sims will no longer include special non-playable NPC characters.

Probably Bella, for one.  She always pops-up if the criteria is right.  I downloaded this patch yesterday and totally forgot that it would reset everybody, which meant it played havoc with the Dreamer house.  Darren was at work, 18 hours after he was supposed to have died, subsequently he appeared standing by the driveway looking most bemused.  Tried to get him to carpool straight back to work with Dirk, but he died instead.  I managed to get everyone else back to work, then when Cassandra came home she walked into the house to put some groceries away, then promptly went dolally in front of the fridge.  Once she'd recovered, she went and kissed Darren's teenaged grandson.  Not sure what sort of kiss, because he isn't shown as family and she doesn't have the option to give him a family kiss, but I won't dwell on it.  Maybe she had the option before and it went with Darren's death.  Anyway, once she'd done that, Dirk went over to her and apologised for nothing whatsoever, then both Dirk & Cassandra started crying in unison.  A VERY PECULIAR HOUSEHOLD.

Oh, and I didn't remove custom content before patching, I never do.  Always forget, but luckily it doesn't seem to make any difference to anything.  The only mod I've removed since patching is the one that made the movebobjects work on out of bounds tiles, but there are probably others I should take out.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2006 June 17, 22:10:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some have been updated, mostly OFB related ones, but other than that, the ones in the Maty zip appear to be about the same.  I wouldn't worry too much, just get the updates.  Of course, there may be a few that I never used anyway that have gone, but it would be fairly easy to check, I would think.  As to all my othr hacks, they've gone back in for now.

I don't somehow think Bella would be affected, as when you check her stats in SimPE she has a job (in my game it was the criminal career!) whereas NPCs are shown as unemployed.  I think it's more the social workers and the repo men, at least, I hope so!

Zephyr Zodiac
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2006 June 18, 00:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have only OFB and didn't install the first patch and didn't have any problems installing this new one.
The only hacks I removed were the ones that were made obsolete by the patch and the ones that modders said may not be compatible.
I've played and haven't had any problems so far, except the one posted above which is just another Maxian "bug".
It seems from the BBS and other boards that alot of people are having problems if they have OFB & FFS and/or they patched OFB before.
See link Ivy posted above.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2006 June 18, 00:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to agree with you, Play Lives.  I never installed the first patch and I had no problems with this one.  We need a poll to find out how many people with the first patch had the problem and how many didn't, etc.  then maybe we could post the results over at the BBS!

Zephyr Zodiac
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2006 June 18, 01:24:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I patched both times, and had no problems whatsoever with the installation. I clicked it, it did its thing, done. I've been very lucky though, other than nightlife eating my neighborhoods, I've never had any problems with an install/patch install, nor any of the major bugs reported.

*edit* I should probably say that I do not have the FFP.
« Last Edit: 2006 June 18, 01:57:59 by liegenschonheit » Logged
gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2006 June 18, 01:48:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to agree with you, Play Lives.  I never installed the first patch and I had no problems with this one.  We need a poll to find out how many people with the first patch had the problem and how many didn't, etc.  then maybe we could post the results over at the BBS!

I had previously installed the first OFB patch, and had no problems installing the new one.  I have UNI, NL, and OFB, but not FF.  I did remove my entire downloads folder while installing, but I put it right back in afterwards. 

Most of my hacks are Awesome, but I have a few that aren't.  The only hack I removed was the one for making moveobjects work out of bounds.

I've played two households since installing the patch.  One was just a quick in-and-out, but I played the other for several sim days.  Everything seems to be working so far.

Now playing: UNI, NL, OFB, & Pets
Nova
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2006 June 18, 01:53:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had trouble w/ the OFB patch and I had installed the previous one.  Blaming the users on these errors is ridiculous considering the fact I run the most boring game in the world...NO hacks or custom content.  Grrr.
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2006 June 18, 02:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha, they blame EVERYTHING on the users.
I was helping a friend try to fix a problem in her game, and we finally contacted tech support.
I said "We have removed all custom content and reinstalled, and the problem persists"
The reply: "Remove all custom content and reinstall."

Later we figured out the problem on our own (drivers), but EA/Maxis is of no help whatsoever.
Nova
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2006 June 18, 02:06:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha!  Sounds like a typical answer..at least they didn't charge you $3.95 per minute for their expertise.   Roll Eyes
PattyB
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2006 June 18, 02:26:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't have a problem installing the second patch either. I did install the first patch back when it came out as well.

I guess I should note I do not have FFS either.

Not at all awesome
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: 2006 June 18, 04:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't know if it's the patch what done it, but Cassandra went too far in my game.  As I said earlier, she was kissing Darren's grandson (but nothing came of it), then later that evening (and this is only a day after Darren died) I heard a familiar sound ... I don't know who initiated it, but Cassandra and Darren's grandson are now in love.  Cassandra is still an adult, but she's like 62, because in my game they don't become elders until 64.  Darren's grandson is 4 years into teen.  I suppose she went for him because Dirk is married, because they've had 3 bolts since he went to Uni but never done anything about it.  Well, she wanted to fall in love again within seconds of Darren's death, so she got her wish.  As for getting married again ... well, I suppose once Dane comes back from Uni they could (would be a good storyline) ... she'll be dead 3 days later anyway.  Bearing in mind that before this sort of thing never happened with step-relationships, it seems as if the patch might have altered something.  Bit yukky really - I mean, she changed his nappies when he was a baby.

Anyway, it's official. CASSANDRA IS A TART.  Zephyr alwas knew this, of course.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2006 June 18, 05:22:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever since she ran after Daniel Pleasant like she was a desperate 45-yr-old spinster family sim wanting to get pregnant before it was to late!  In fron of her husband (Beau) and daughter too!  Guess she's forgotten it was Beau's day off and didn't expect him to be trimming hedges - knowledge sims should be indoors studying!

Zephyr Zodiac
Annette
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2006 June 18, 07:57:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Family Fun installed so I thought that as that was the latest expansion pack that was the only patch I needed. Apparently not. MaxoidMel has posted that you need to install both the OFB and FF patch. In a few moments I will go and try, but at least I'm forewarned about the error messages...so thanks guys.
The interesting patch related problem I have had from the FF patch is a missing object, a mission counter. I have an icon that says no pic and there is nothing on the tool tip to place. It's one in the $750 price range. I had thought it was a custom content issue as I have just downloaded the featured Tuscany kitchen at MTS2....and it is just lovely  Smiley but others are reporting the same bug.
It's always fun when the patches break stuff  Grin
Nova
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2006 June 18, 09:54:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you install the OFB patch after the FFS patch, your counter will be there again.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2006 June 18, 11:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And hopefully your Mission sofas will be the same colour as the armchairs and recliners!  But they were supposed to have fixed the thumbnails, and the one in my game (the one that shows when you change from one texture to another) is still a big black blob!

Zephyr Zodiac
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2006 June 18, 12:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You will need to refresh your thumbnails, I don't think they update automatically (unless the patch is specifically supposed to do that). Try deleting the packages in the Thumbnails folder in the Sims 2 folder under My Documents (leave the folder, just empty). Then start up the game and go to the catalog to see if the thumbnail is now fixed.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2006 June 18, 13:09:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose I'll  have to do that, but I was hoping to avoid it, for some reason when I try that I get some thumbnails back and lose others!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: