More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 10:26:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Building Contest of Awesomeness (Moderator: Ambular)
| | | |-+  Official Scoring & Submission Rules
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Official Scoring & Submission Rules  (Read 65995 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Official Scoring & Submission Rules
« on: 2006 June 15, 09:30:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CONSTRUCTION RULES
1. Any size of lot may be chosen, from large to small. However, not-choking-the-computer is part of technical merit.

2. There is no budget limitation. However, less is more!

3. Only Maxis and Awesome content may be used. They may be placed using hacked collections if necessary. Non-awesome content will not be installed and houses will be evaluated without them.

4. Put your FREAKING NAME somewhere on the lot description or name!

SUBMISSION RULES
1. Submissions may be attached to posts here or directly linked from the post. Include what you wish to offer as a bribe to the contest judge(s) with your entry.

2. Submissions shall consist of the packaged lot, and any annotated screenshots you wish to use to hilight key features.

3. Linking to any site requiring registration or hoop-jumping for download will be treated as a broken link. Broken links will be treated as null submissions. The Exchange may be used for submissions.

4. If your entry scores amongst the top winners, you will be required to remit the promised bribe. Failure to do so will result in your entry being penalized in score by the same amount you would have gained for the bribe. This may result in the loss of winning position.

5. One and only one entry may be submitted per contestant. Entries will not be evaluated until the final entry has been submitted.

6. All results must be completed and submitted by 07/01/07 system time.

SCORING RULES
Scores will be graded relative to a benchmark house, where results equivalent to the benchmark will be awarded a score of 1.0. Results insuperior to the benchmark will receive scores of < 1.0, superior results will receive scores > 1.0. Scores are linear and the exact level of superiority or insuperiority of one score to another can be determined simply by dividing one by the other. Marks will be rewarded for the points below:

40% BRIBERY: Quality and amount of bribe offered. If no bribe is offered, your score here is a big fat 0.0.
30% GENERAL FUNCTION: Your choices and placement of structural elements and furniture will be evaluated based on how it withstands the rigors of day-to-day simlife for a variety of families.
10% UNUSUAL SCENARIOS: Your choices and placements will be evaluated for how it handles the standard scenarios: Headmaster, Party, Babies, Fires, Burglars, Klan Riots, etc.
5% EXPANDABILITY & ADAPTABILITY: How easy would it be to upgrade this house to account for new "must have" items introduced in the future or to accomodate growth in low-budget housing?
5% COST EFFECTIVENESS: How well does your house perform its function relative to the amount it costs?
5% PHYSICAL OPERABILITY: While non-Euclidean design certainly looks amusing, the house should look physically plausible to build and the effects of obvious defects visible from in-lot and neighborhood view (sinkhole, hover-roof) should be minimized. This isn't the "Halls of R'lyeh" contest.
5% AESTHETICS: Anyone can build a blocky thing. Can you build something that looks nice AND satisfies all the other criteria, too?

We will now answer your tiresome and annoying questions.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 01, 03:08:56 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Official Scoring & Submission Rules
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 01, 03:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Contest of Awesomeness Returns again! Same rules as above. Submission deadline shall be 07/01/07. Huzzah!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 01, 20:01:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the house need to accommodate a certain number of sims?  And if so what ages would they be?  Or should I just make it up?

Also confirmation that the prize is a months free subscription would be nice  Tongue
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
Aesthetics judging
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 02, 06:55:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aesthetics will be judged on the following criteria:

2 points: Coherence, or overall style; that is, does the house present a unified aesthetic.
1 point: External appearance, including landscaping. (Or, do it look good in neighbourhood view.)
1 point: Decor, including artworks and other decorative touches, such as colour scheme.
1 point: Architectural features (i.e. How is it not a box?)

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 03, 03:34:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it okay if we submit a LotCatalog package? IMHO, the official packager is serious overkill, and all I really want to archive is the house and the stuff in it.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 03, 04:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it okay if we submit a LotCatalog package? IMHO, the official packager is serious overkill, and all I really want to archive is the house and the stuff in it.
Should work.

RaeKira
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 03, 14:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't understand what this "bribe" section is. I've looked at other entries and seen that they upload something or other, but I don't quite get why it's there and how it's related to the contest.

Hell yeah.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 03, 14:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The bribe represents the corruption inherent in all such obviously unaccountable contests: The ass-kissing, the back-patting, bribery, nepotism, and soforth. These factors basically assure that you will never, ever, win such a contest, at least not on merit. Naturally, we at More Awesome Than You are not into all that, so our corruption is carried out publicly, in the open, for all to see. You, too, can buy your way to the first place just like you know the people who win those other contests do!

RaeKira
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 03, 14:40:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, okay. So I can offer anything I feel would help my chances of winning?

Also, not related to the bribery:
I have a house already built that I would love to enter, but it's chock full of CC. Am I allowed to rebuild it without using CC (besides the Awesome content)?

Hell yeah.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 03, 14:42:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a house already built that I would love to enter, but it's chock full of CC. Am I allowed to rebuild it without using CC (besides the Awesome content)?
I don't see why not.

reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Request
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 03, 19:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everyone, please indicate somewhere in your post which Ep's and stuff packs you have. I didn't think to ask before installing a lot and my game crashed/froze. I had a few very scary moments there. Thanks!
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
Re: Request
« Reply #11 on: 2007 June 03, 20:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

not as scary, but lot size too please!  Grin
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 June 03, 22:28:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cara, you don't need to rebuild. Get a new sims2 folder - just rename current one temporarily - rerun sims 2 and let it make a new sims 2 folder. Install your lot. Go into it and save. Exit the game and delete all the contents of the download folder. Go back into game and enter house. Fix up windows, floor/wall coverings etc etc as needed. Voila, a no CC house.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
RaeKira
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 June 03, 22:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, Witch, a bit too late. eheheheh. It wasn't just the house that was CC'd out, it was all over the place. Terrains and such. Wouldn't even have been worth it to try and get rid of it.
And besides, I have a lot of fun making houses. Cheesy

Hell yeah.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 June 03, 23:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HUZZAH!

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 June 04, 00:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Li'l Brudder throws Ellatrue some chill pills.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 June 06, 19:23:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the Windkeeper mailbox cover that you hacked considered Awesome content?

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 June 06, 20:23:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 June 07, 19:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I submit a dorm rather than a residential lot?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 June 07, 22:21:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, constantly whining and refusing to follow set rules doesn't make you an interesting, edgy non-conformist, it just makes you an annoying non-joiner.

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 June 08, 14:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HUZZAH!!!!

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 June 08, 14:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Include what you wish to offer as a bribe to the contest judge(s) with your entry.

Tiresome *and* annoying question here:

Can it be disclosed who the 'judge(s)' are so that we may attempt to contrive the most effective bribe?

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 June 08, 15:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can it be disclosed who the 'judge(s)' are so that we may attempt to contrive the most effective bribe?

I would bet that YOU have been just nominated as a judge  Grin

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 June 08, 15:53:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would bet that YOU have been just nominated as a judge  Grin
Ech...not this bit again...

*Khan of Wyrms is in the process of submitting entry right now so as not to be disqualified by being made a judge.*

I'll just edit bribe later if it seems appropriate.

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 June 08, 17:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My understanding is that Pescado is the judge.

I asked "who is judging aesthetics?" and got the "BlueSoup has failed us, you must not!" response.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: