More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 22:39:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Bachelor/ette challenge
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bachelor/ette challenge  (Read 24115 times)
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
Bachelor/ette challenge
« on: 2006 June 15, 07:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just been playing this one again, and did my own updated version of the rules.
It's really long, so I posted it on the blog I made for my sims story about Chaucer.

http://chaucerfansims.blogspot.com/

Comments would be appreciated, especially if you try the challenge and have feedback.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Bachelor/ette challenge
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 15, 08:52:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My comment: You still have hairy elbows and an ugly butt. All Rohinas suck!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 15, 09:05:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for making the rules ep updated rohina-I am definitely going to do this one now Smiley

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 15, 20:10:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, are you flirting with me?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 15, 21:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course not. You're far too hairy-elbowed and ugly-butted for that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 16, 15:16:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a short story about 8 cheese sims in the bachelor challenge.

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=96060

PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 20, 16:01:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying this challenge for the first time. Actually it is my 1st challenge ever (yeah, me!)
I'm not awesome enough to try email or Ethiopian (yet)

Instead of starting out with 7 single sims, I started out with 12, and now I'm running into a problem. I was going to play without fulfilling any wants, however, since the singles are in the house longer then what the challenge calls for, they (particularly the Fortune sims) are starting to go into aspiration failure, and it is only day 2. I know the rules say you can fulfill 1 want per day as long has it's not a "romantic/flirt" one. So how do I do this for my Fortune singles? One just wants to buy stuff and earn money, the other wants to buy stuff, ask on a date and slow dance. How can I fulfill these wants and still stay within the rules of the challenge?

thanks
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 20, 16:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know back-to-back post but just wanted to share how the challenge is going. I altered things to mimic the show as much as possible. I wish I could post a story but I'm not good at it.

I have 1 bachelor (knowledge) and 12 bachelorettes, so that means it will last of 12 days. I altered the "dates" somewhat so that it will stretch.
It is pretty interesting so far and cool how things actually begin to take on a life of their own like the real Bachelor/Bachelorette shows (yes I watch them  Tongue).
It's funny to watch them talk about him and dream about him. lol.

Some of these girls don't have a clue while others are moving in and strategizing.
On day 1, I had the girls move in and "meet" the bachelor. I had them do a check sim out so they could establish a gender pref.; they all liked what they saw.
One of them immediately began to argue with him, way to go to meet a man right? Needless to say she was the first booted. lol
I thought she was going to be the house troublemaker as she went around teasing, poking and arguing with everyone. However, she was "neat" and she went around making everyone's bed and cleaning the bathrooms and stuff. I would have loved to see her stick around longer. She left with a neg. score.
About 3 of the girls upon meeting the bachelor started to tell him a joke, now they know how to catch a man! lol.
Some of the girls made friends with each other, while others have stared to "fight" (there is going to be one soon). One of the romance sims was in the shower and a knowledge sim came in to wash her hands. That did it. They've been poking at each other ever since and now are furious with each other. Fight, fight...lol

As it relates to relationships with the bachelor, I had a 1st rose "ceremony" the 1st night where I had him scope the room. He chose a family sim, 3 bolts, one of them that told him a joke. She was also the last girl he met, so that was interesting. I gave them a 1-1 date (no direction) in a room but did not lock the door. The above mentioned romance sim interrupted the date and started to dance with the bachelor, she wasn't wasting anytime, however, it didn't go to well and he started dancing with his date. She didn't leave the room though and stayed there the whole time. lol
On day two I had my bachelor go on a group date with the 5 sims with the lowest scores. He had a bolt for one of them (a family sim) but she started to argue with him and now he has a neg. score with her. What's wrong with these girls?
She's probably going to be the next to go. To bad b/c I liked her and thought she would go far. Another one on this group date (a fortune sim) who stared with a low score sat with him as they ate for about 2 sim minutes and now she has the highest score in the house, although she refused him for a game of rock-paper-scissors later on. I like her too but thought she was going b/c she keeps to herself and is really quiet. I guess you do have to watch for the quiet ones after-all, she snuck up there.
He autonomously tried to charm one of the knowledge sims (mentioned above) but she refused him.  Huh  Roll Eyes

The family and knowledge girls seem to be blowing it. I think a fortune or romance sim is going to win the bachelor's heart. go figure?  Grin

It's only day 2, so a lot of time still left to go.  Wink

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 20, 23:50:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it will be interesting to see what happens - often the one that gets the relationship up to crush or love early on ends up getting booted after a slapfest.

As far as your question about the wants goes, you can buy stuff, but not send the sim to work. Hopefully the relationship wants will get filled autonomously, but there is a reason Fortune sims are often booted early.

PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 21, 00:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Rohina,  Wink. I didn't think I was allowed to buy stuff.
I'm enjoying your stories by the way. Good stuff  Cheesy
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 July 18, 02:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A new bachelor challenge story, in which we attempt to answer the age-old question, "Can sims with negative attraction fall in love?"
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=103067

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 July 18, 06:07:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great stuff Rohina! Cheesy Looking forward to the next one Wink

Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 July 18, 06:48:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...All those guys wearing makeup are giving me the jibblies...

Can't wait for part two!

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 July 26, 16:46:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I cannot wait for part two.

On a side note, most of my CAS male sims have make up.... (merco eye bags, makes them look more manly and less like a boy band member)

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 July 26, 17:14:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to put makeup on pretty much everyone because of the brown lips and pale eyes, but since I started using Enayla's default skins, I haven't needed to.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 July 26, 17:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, Enayla's sims cut down on my need for male sims wearing makeup. But there are a few make up options (helaene) that give the sims more realistic looking eyelids and the eyebags just seem to make them look a lil less... cartoony.

That and it ensures their CAS wives never get three bolts for any fugly Maxis townies. (they always have turnons for make up and their hubby's hair color or fitness) =p

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 August 06, 22:58:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so thanks to all the naggers, I finally wrote up the end of the "I hate you" story.

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=107355

Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 August 07, 00:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wheeee! 
* Avalikia will say something more intelligent once she reads it.

Edit:  Bravo!  Encore!  This is making me want to try the challenge with people who hate the bachelor/bachelorette.  Much more interesting than the basic version of the challenge.  Oh, and I love the personalities you give the characters.
« Last Edit: 2006 August 07, 00:29:43 by Avalikia » Logged

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 August 07, 06:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was really quite difficult to get their relationships up because they did practically no autonomous interaction with her. You should try it with your haters and see what happens. I would predict a lot of dust clouds.  Cheesy

Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 August 07, 09:06:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have been looking for more ways to spice up my game.  It would be nice to do it just to get some gay Sims in my neighborhood for some variety.  Usually I don't choose to make my Sims gay because I enjoy lots of breeding projects (and the biology major in me refuses to download the preg for all mod because that's not the natural order of things).

What I think I like about it more than the concept is your writing.  I consider myself to be a pretty good judge of writing (I'm one of those freaks who read Moby Dick, understood it, and liked it) and, while you could admittedly polish up a few things, you seem to have a knack for pleasing your audience and keeping them entertained.  Usually when there's as much repetitiveness (i.e. characters saying the same lines repeatedly) as you have in your story it gets old after awhile, but it doesn't in yours and that's really difficult.  Either you're busting your butt without appearing to be, or you've got a natural knack for it.  I've read your other stories too and it amazes me whenever I see one of your more common jokes yet again and it's still funny for some reason.

What I'm really sad about is that your set of stories about the unnamed kingdom ended after only 3 stories.  I found that one a long time ago and I still want to know what happens next.  Well, like I said, I'm your Sims-stories groupie.  But I promise not to stalk you with a camera or anything. Wink

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 August 07, 11:39:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you get your people so shiny?  Shocked
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 August 07, 16:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Enayla's default skin set at modthesims2.com

Just go there and do a search for Enayla.

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 August 07, 18:15:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Avalika: Thanks for the comments. I could tell you about my writing secrets, but then I would have to kill you. I agree with you about the unnamed kingdom. I think I will have to go back to it at some point; I haven't played it for sooooo long.

Jelendedra: my sims are shiny because they have exemplary characters. What are you talking about, custom skins?  Cheesy

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 August 07, 20:38:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exemplary characters, huh? Sure. Prince Bandar believes that when Prince Bandar can see it. =p

Anyways, loves the story. =)

Just finished my second attempt at the Bachelor Challenge. I had some fights and some asp failures this time. (Which inspired me to try the Asylum Challenge) I got all the pictures in order for a story (first one). Hopefully I will finish the captions for it by the weekend when I can bogart my in-laws PC and upload it to the 'net.
« Last Edit: 2006 August 23, 15:36:03 by Jelenedra » Logged

PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 August 24, 20:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I've finished 2 runs of this challenge, the first with a Bachelor the 2nd with a Bachelorette (who was booted in the 1st challenge).

The first one was really interesting and funny how the ending couple couldn't keep their hands off each other. Both couples from the challenge are still together and going strong (much unlike the real Bachelor/Bachelorettes, lol).

In the 1st challenge the female (Family) won the Bachelor's (Knowledge) heart by following him everywhere! She was too funny to watch. He had a thing going with a Fortune and a Popularity sim but she didn't give up. Everywhere he went, to eat, play chess, swim, she followed. She would tell him jokes and they would go at it back and forth for hours. I thought she wouldn't win because since neither had any charisma points, sometimes their jokes would end up giving them negative scores, but their "overnight" date put her over. I had the Bachelor go on an overnight date with each of the remaining three Bachelorettes (Fortune, Popularity, Family). They all were best friends and had crushes on the Bachelor and he with them (I think in love too but don't remember). What put the Family sim over was that on the overnight date, they whoo'd autonomously. Well, needles to say they're very happy now and are currently in my version of the Idiot challenge where the former Bachelor is the "idiot".  Grin  They have 3 children a girl and 2 twin boys (surprised when playing the idiot challenge and you only need one spare heir  Shocked)

In the 2nd challenge I used one of the females (Family) who I thought would do well but lost the Bachelor by constantly arguing with him. She didn't change and upon meeting her potentials started arguing with them too. I don't know what her problem is but she is really moody. She is even on the "nice" side so I don't get it. Well, upon meeting her potentials, she clashed with a few of them right off and some didn't find her attractive. I found it funny how most of the younger looking guys were not that interested in her but the older ones were more so. She looks sort of older like mid thirties-forties. After a while where she was in the negative with a few of the guys, one of them was making his move and they were friends pretty quickly. He is a Fortune sim. In the final two it was done to a Family sim and a Fortune sim. The family sim almost had it but she fell in love with the Fortune guy on the overnight. They are now happily married and have 2 children a boy and a girl.

Interestingly, the runner up family sim has come over (autonomously) ringing the doorbell. (I made all the former challenge players townies). He was still friends with both of them. Once he called for her and while talking to him on the phone she lost her crush. (I've never seen that happen over the phone) I guessed he "suggested" something she didn't like. Not to long after that he came over and tried to charm/suggest to her and she let him have it, lol. A few days later while he was passing the house she went over to him and started arguing with him. I guess she was still pissed about his suggestion. He argued back and lost his crush. Her husband was standing their watching the whole thing and when they got back into the house he autonomously jumped into her arms (first time he's ever done that). I guess he was happy that she picked him in the end and when she had the opportunity to cheat she didn't, lol.

I tell you, since starting a new hood, Challengeville - where everything is a challenge, my sims have gotten a lot more interesting.  Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: