More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:42:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  a request - if it is at all possible
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: a request - if it is at all possible  (Read 16044 times)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: a request - if it is at all possible
« Reply #25 on: 2005 September 07, 20:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ugh!

I knew there was a reason I don't resurrect sims!

Ness
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2005 September 07, 21:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK  I'm gonna bump this one because I was playing last night (La Fiesta Tech) and I turned one of the SS members into a zombie.  Turns out she was a romance sim.  Now my hottie male sims are WHISTLING at her!  Ugh!  Her melty looking face and grey skin are nasty and this sim has a beautiful fiance, but he's still attracted to the zombie woman?  Now that just makes no sense.C

I turned Sophie Miguel into a zombie because she was such a pain.  Previous to this, she'd had a fling with one of Don Lothario's sons (Romance) and the first time he saw the new Sophie, he backed-off and instantly lost his daily heart, although he kept his lifetime one.  On the whole though, the majority of men seem to really go for her, she's acquired quite a few lovers since being zombified and she isn't even Romance, she's Fortune.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2005 September 08, 04:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also seen my sims spontaneously decide to flirt, kiss and make out - but never the first time!  only after you've shown them how it's done...

Ness

That's how I thought it worked too. Until I had these two teens. One was romance, and one was knowledge. They were best friends, along with about 4 other teens. They all hung out together. I had lots of parties with them. Well, I invited these two teens over to a party thrown by another teen. They were friends, but no crush, never flirted, etc. They weren't who I intended for each other. Though they did keep whistling at each other, even the romance sim did it to the knowledge sim. Anyway, at this party where neither were controlled by me, they went at it, flirting then making out. And of course, bam in love since they were already best friends.

I thought, sigh.. Ok, they are so totally wrong for each other, but they were teens. It happens.

Then (this was before uni) I grew them up, all 6 of the teens, and they were some that grew up first, so were adults when invited to the last teen to grow up birthday party. And now as adults (and the crush/love gone since sims forget that when they age), bam they did the exact same thing AGAIN to each other.

So I just went with the flow. And they happily whistled at each other, and made out all the time spontaneously in their little house. Until I got the jump bug, and the maxis patch didn't fix it, and I just gave up on them and deleted the neighborhood.

Sigh. I miss those two.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 September 08, 04:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had never seen two sims autonomously flirt on their own without being first in love until just the other night.  I had just invited a teen girl over to my teen boy's house.  He had just become a teenager, and so had she in her own house.  She wanted a first kiss, so I planned to have him give it to her.  They were both Knowledge.  I did want them to be together, but I was also having the headmaster over for his younger sister.  I had him greet the headmaster, and next thing I know, the girl came up and "held hands" with my sim.  He immediately fell in love with her, but she only had a crush (I checked with Merola's Mirror).  I couldn't understand this.  I'll have to go and check her personality.  I don't know what else would cause it.  I also saw this happen with another of my teen couples, but I thought it was a fluke.  It was at the girl's house, but I was controlling her twin brother.  I had invited over the girl I wanted to be his girlfriend, and she all by herself walked up to him and caressed his cheek.  They were both Knowledge too.  I wondered if they somehow knew they were "meant" for each other, as I had planned them for each other before they were born!  Freaky!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 September 08, 11:31:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims will on rare occasions autonomously flirt if they and their intended target are not already attached to someone. But the advertisement to attempt such an act is usually stomped out by other more attractive things to do, like Kicky Bagging, and the millions of other socials that exist. The fact that most sims come with no sexual preference also serves to induce celibate behavior.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 September 08, 12:12:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so...  to get back to the original question...  JM, can the attraction thing be altered in any way?

Ness
Hobbsee
Scrawny Pencil Neck
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 September 08, 12:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This would be a very useful hack...

Although I know it would be pointless to do it now, right before nightlife is released, and breaks a lot of the current coding.  Any chance it could happen after all the previous hacks are updated for nightlife?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 September 08, 16:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims will on rare occasions autonomously flirt if they and their intended target are not already attached to someone. But the advertisement to attempt such an act is usually stomped out by other more attractive things to do, like Kicky Bagging, and the millions of other socials that exist. The fact that most sims come with no sexual preference also serves to induce celibate behavior.
Interesting you should say this.  I have been using SimPE to modify my sims' sexual preferences.  I make most sims +1000 for the gender I chose for them and -1000 for the opposite.  This helps them to stay faithful to their partners should a Romance sim or anyone else try to hit on them.  Romance sims are usually +1000 for both genders, making it easier to fulfill their quests.  Since both female teen sims in the example above were +1000 toward male sims, would this have caused their autonomous behaviour toward the male teens?
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: