More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:19:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  a request - if it is at all possible
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: a request - if it is at all possible  (Read 16046 times)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
a request - if it is at all possible
« on: 2005 August 29, 10:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been thinking about the attraction thing with romance sims and it seems to be completely backwards like so many other maxis things...

why should all sims be magically attracted to a romance sim just because they happen to be a romance sim and are fit?  it seems to be that the romance sims want to woohoo with everything that moves, and it would make more sense for them to be doing the attraction thing at any fit sim who happens to be the right gender...  am I alone in thinking this?

is it possible to make a fix for this? - so that's it's the romance sims that go weak at the knees looking at everyone else that has a great body, not everyone else doing it at every odd romance sim that happens to walk past

Ness
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
Re: a request - if it is at all possible
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 29, 10:51:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh.  I'm there.  That would be great.  I don't know if it would be possible though.  We all know that romance (ie slutty ho-bag) sims are screwed up anyway.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 29, 14:49:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't even take age into account.  I hope that when I become an 'elder' in just over 3 years I get young virile males swooning over me!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 29, 15:33:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I take the view that the romance sim of all time was probably Valentino, and I shouldn't think there was a female in the western hemisphere who didn't go weak at the knees at the sight of him in his arab gear!  (And his body was hidden!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 29, 21:09:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry...  that idea doesn't wash with me...  I don't go swooning after strange men!

I see the age thing happening - I don't mind if my sims swoon at the sight of a hot-bodied elderly person - I just object to the fact that everyone does it!

The game obviously has checks to see if the person is fit - that part is fine - but there would also be the check to see if they are a romance sim - I figure it would just need to be tweaked so that it checks to see if I am a romance sim...

forgive my rather simplified ideas there - I haven't done any programming for about 10 years and even then it was fortran!  you've got to love that universities teach you up-to-date programming skills!

Ness
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 29, 21:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't have any at all, and at my age I don't intend to start learning!  I've never actually noticed that Romance sims NEED to be fit to get other sims swooning over them!  I don't think being FAT helps, but plenty of skinny in-between ones seem to be able to attract other sims easily enough!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 30, 01:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has to do with the fact that every Romance sim carries an emitter called "Me So Sexy" regardless of his/her fitness level.  Therefore, sims will always be "attracted" to any random Romance sim that walks by.  I have a picture I took at Brandi and Skip's wedding.  Just moments after exchanging vows, Skip was whistling at Nina, and Brandi was swooning over Herb!  They were still looking at each other, so they could have been doing it at each other but for the thought bubbles over their heads.  Undecided
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 30, 03:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that's what I was trying to say, too, but not so technically!  But make alexander goth a romance sim, let him get really fat, give him the worst clothes, and they'll still go weak at the knees if he walks by their lot!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 30, 04:32:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I guess I'm a geek.   I like to know the technical stuff, the nuts and bolts of what makes a program do what it does.  Sometimes I am too technical and I can't explain stuff to people in "normal" language.  Embarrassed
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 30, 04:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, my sims are a little more discerning - I've only seen them do it to the ones who are fit...  but considering that the majority of my sims are fit, that's hardly any surprise...

it doesn't change the fact that I think it should only be romance sims who swoon - can someone with a little knowledge of how these things work please tell me if it's possible?

Ness

...  several days later...  hello?

can anyone tell me if this can be done, or am I just dreaming?
« Last Edit: 2005 September 01, 07:29:46 by ness » Logged
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 01, 21:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

if the attraction can't be altered, can it at least be killed completely?  it bugs the snot out of me!

Ness
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 02, 02:19:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess no one knows the answer, at least the ones that have read the thread.  I had hoped JM might have an answer, but he has been mysteriously absent or very scarce around here lately.  Huh
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 02, 03:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe he's reinforcing his house against landslides and alien attacks!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 02, 06:04:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roll Eyes

it does seem to be taking ages to get an answer...  at this stage I'd be grateful for a "no it can't be done" - at least it's an answer!

Ness
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 02, 07:54:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a similar subject, I occasionally want to non-controlled Sims to initiate a proposal and a dialog come up to ask if I wish to accept it.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 02, 17:40:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i think that it works like this:

Any sim can swon at any sim that is fit, also
Any sim can swon at any romance sim that is fit or not-so-fit, but not fat
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 02, 22:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know how it works at the moment...  and I don't like it!  I want to know if it can be altered so that it works differently...

Inge, the spontaneous proposals would be fantastic - do you have any idea if that could be done?  or is that just another thing we can but dream about...

Ness
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 02, 22:14:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a similar subject, I occasionally want to non-controlled Sims to initiate a proposal and a dialog come up to ask if I wish to accept it.

I'd like mine to initiate ALL romantic interractions.  I just hope they will do this a little more in Nightlife, otherwise it will be a farcical 'dating' expansion. 

Talking of Romance Sims and swooning, how on earth do you get them to 'swagger' like the guy on the loading screen (Skip Broke?).  I did read somewhere that they will do this on a community lot if they're in Platinum, but none of mine have.  Is this yet another thing that never actually made it to the game?

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 02, 22:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen my romance sims swagger...  it happens when you tell them to flirt with another sim and they actually have to walk up to that sim first...

I've also seen my sims spontaneously decide to flirt, kiss and make out - but never the first time!  only after you've shown them how it's done...

Ness
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 September 03, 02:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, if you tell them to do a romantic action toward another sim, they will swagger over to them.  Female Romance sims sway their hips as they walk instead of swagger.  I didn't know that was Skip Broke in the movie though; it looks a bit like him, but his skin is lighter.  I think it was just some random sim like the others.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 September 03, 02:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure that it would really work for sims to simply randomly propose to the first thing they see. And how would you decide whether to accept or not? Do you really want your sims being randomly abducted by every townie they meet who proposes something?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 September 03, 02:28:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't, I like having control over who my sims fall in love with.  Cheesy  Otherwise, everyone would be in love with everyone else, and it would be a huge slap-fest whenever one witnessed the other flirting.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 September 03, 02:40:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure that it would really work for sims to simply randomly propose to the first thing they see. And how would you decide whether to accept or not? Do you really want your sims being randomly abducted by every townie they meet who proposes something?

I think what is actually being discussed is that if two sims are romantic, in love, that one could propose marriage spontaneously and the other would have the option to refuse. Is that right Inge?  Like if my CAS sim falls in love with, say, Goopy, and Goopy is in love with my sim, then Goopy could propose marriage and my sim could give him the smackdown.

C

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 September 03, 03:35:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

that's what I was thinking, at least!

Ness

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 September 07, 14:51:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK  I'm gonna bump this one because I was playing last night (La Fiesta Tech) and I turned one of the SS members into a zombie.  Turns out she was a romance sim.  Now my hottie male sims are WHISTLING at her!  Ugh!  Her melty looking face and grey skin are nasty and this sim has a beautiful fiance, but he's still attracted to the zombie woman?  Now that just makes no sense.

C

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: