More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 07:45:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bye Bye downloads. Hello Organization
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bye Bye downloads. Hello Organization  (Read 13919 times)
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: Bye Bye downloads. Hello Organization
« Reply #25 on: 2006 June 15, 08:26:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly, Jade. I have a similar organisation technique that others would have trouble deciding on (and I change catalog info on all the stuff I download. For example, now all my plants and vases show up in the plant section That's why I'll never upload a house. Ever.) I'd show my organising technique if I knew how to put up a picture here. I've completely lost my forum abilities (I've been translating  50 pages of a thesis. I am a MSWORD whore. It makes me stupid. Cheesy)
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 June 15, 08:39:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I edit 99% of the stuff I download. I bin hair, I get rid of eyelash bars and pointy ears on good-looking sims, I change categories for clothing, I change prices on objects, I change where in the catalog stuff will appear, I make collections....

I find that being organized and having to edit files makes me very careful about what I put in the game, and that's exactly why I do it.

Fail.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 June 15, 09:02:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I edit 99% of the stuff I download. I bin hair, I get rid of eyelash bars and pointy ears on good-looking sims, I change categories for clothing, I change prices on objects, I change where in the catalog stuff will appear, I make collections....

Ditto. I also put hair in the same family (even "binners" tend to forget this step), and enable objects for OFB buy mode. And ever since Pescado posted his footstep tutorial I've been fixing my downloaded clothes.
jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 June 16, 06:22:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some hackers say that there hacks must go in the original folder. That what the kitten killer says but it works fine in sub folders... hypathetically... yeah...
The problem with this is that there are several "InTeenimater-compatible" mods that work by ensuring they are loaded AFTER the InTeenimater.  If the InTeenimater is in a subfolder, then it gets loaded late, and may potentially "blot" out the effects of said mods (rendering them useless).  Granted, if you know what the hell you are doing and have some clue about how package load ordering works, you can - as you have observed - put InTeen safely in a subfolder.  Problem is, most users are far too brain dead to even grasp at the concept of package loading, so I avoid it altogether and promote the "you can't go wrong" approach.  As soon as you say "put the files wherever the hell you want" you start dealing with people who do screwy shit like putting part of the InTeen package files in one folder, and part in another.  Some people organize their mods by author, which will screw you up.  It's just too complicated to try and anticipate all the zany combinations people will try (and worse to support it) - and when it breaks - they won't even stop to consider the possibility they screwed it up.  They'll just cuss at the mods that don't work, delete files randomly until it does work, and then rant on here about how their game is so much better without the mods they deleted Smiley

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 June 16, 06:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But let's not forget that if they do, at least the lives of kittens will be spared.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 June 16, 12:41:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But let's not forget that if they do, at least the lives of kittens will be spared.
What, no picture?  Wink

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 June 16, 13:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What, no picture?  Wink

Hey, I think your new avitar says it all. Smiley  Cheesy

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 June 16, 15:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do my hacks by author, but that's just because when an update is made for them I can find them easily. And it makes it a little less daunting to find the "screwing my game up hacks" because I can just skip all the ones in JM's, Twojeffs', and Crammyboy's folders)

I don't use kitten killer. (that's inTEENimenator, right?) So I don't have to worry about stuff loading before or after it. =p

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2006 June 16, 22:07:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like I know what I will be doing today!

JadeElliott, do you know where I might be able to get those beaded blinds, I located the Sims2Play website but they were not listed there.  They have some nice stuff there.
« Last Edit: 2006 June 16, 22:16:50 by Simlover » Logged

Axe murdered since 2006
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 June 17, 01:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are at Sims2Play, on this page.
VyeOlin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 June 18, 00:33:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are at Sims2Play, on this page.quote]

We blocked your browser from visiting this site.

In our tests, gameslife.ru attempted to make unauthorized changes to our test PC by exploiting a browser security vulnerability. This is a serious security threat which could lead to an infection of your PC.

:O
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 June 18, 00:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh. Wow.  I have no problem, using IE.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 June 18, 05:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We blocked your browser from visiting this site.

In our tests, gameslife.ru attempted to make unauthorized changes to our test PC by exploiting a browser security vulnerability. This is a serious security threat which could lead to an infection of your PC.

:O

Maybe your virus protection or firewall is stopping it. It sounds like some program on your computer that is doing it if you are using IE. I just went there and all is fine and I just did all my windows updates yesterday.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
VyeOlin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 June 18, 09:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, that's site advisor  http://www.siteadvisor.com/   it's a browser plugin that will show safe sites in green when you do a google search. They actually register on sites to verify if the site sends spam or they will download files to see if they contain spyware or viruses.  This site has a green ranking so they have tested it already. Smiley
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2006 June 18, 12:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are at Sims2Play, on this page.

Thanks Blue

Axe murdered since 2006
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 June 18, 19:25:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link. But I was right. It is still a program downloaded onto your computer (in this case incorporated into Firefox) that causes the blocking.

I'm looking into the program. This could be just the thing for some of my customers that keep bringing their computer to me to be "fixed" when the entire problem they have is from spyware and/or viruses.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
VyeOlin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 June 19, 05:37:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, you can bypass the blocking if you are brave. My daughter had a ton of spyware on her computer from surfing sims sites though, so I make her use it now. 
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: