More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 21:39:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  No interests: destined for dullness?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No interests: destined for dullness?  (Read 5143 times)
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
No interests: destined for dullness?
« on: 2006 June 12, 23:22:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twins Brianna and Brett Broke have grown from toddlers to kids. 

Brandi Broke remained pregnant (9 Sim days) even after her transition into an elder (which I had to force by using the cake).  She has a flat tummy but has the pregnant waddle and can't wear anything but maternity clothing.

I moved them into new digs (Darren Dreamer, father of the twins, lives with them) but that accomplished nothing except that Darren, Brandi and Brianna came down with the flu.

Coupled with the oddity of having an ill child, Brianna has NO interests.  Lots of memories, but not a single interest.  I discovered that right after she transitioned into a child.

Could Brandi's gene pool be so polluted that Brianna got bugged through birth?

Have any of you had a Sim born without any interests?
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: No interests: destined for dullness?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 13, 02:22:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, apparently Brianna Broke was a groundbreaker Sim, being born and growing into childhood sans interests.

Anyway, I installed SimPE tonight, ran it, and saw that Brandi had the box checked for half pregnancy as well as the box for full pg.  No idea what that means but I unchecked them both, then ran the stats on Brianna and suddenly she did have interests.  So somehow whatever originally bugged Brandi was passed on to the female offspring but not the male twin.  Interesting.

Brandi no longer looks pregnant and can wear normal elder clothing [oh, goodie] but still waddles like she has a load in her pants.

The idiosyncrasies with this family don't appear over, however, as their Servo enjoyed a night on the town with her casual group consisting of people she had never met before.  Nor had I ever had her create a casual group.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 13, 04:29:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pregnancy thing sounds similar to what happened to Jennifer Burb in my first Pleasantview.  She and John moved into a smaller house once Lucy and their son Jonathan had left home and from then on, Jennifer started acting oddly.  She was always hungry and always tired and just not the same as she was before the move.  I can't recall the exact timing now (I have mentioned this somewhere else on the site), but when she was about 12 days or so into elder, she suddenly appeared on another lot in maternity clothes, with a waddle, but a flat stomach, just the same as Brandi.

Like you, I checked in SimPE and she had two of the pregnancy boxes ticked (can't remember which, but I know it was two) and on checking her memories, I saw that she had 'conceived' immediately after moving into the new place, when she would have had 3 days left as an adult.  How she managed that I don't know, because absolutely nothing 'untoward' happened between her and John (he was shown as the father in SimPE).  When she'd died, I had her son resurrect her as a zombie, thinking she'd go back to the beginning of adulthood and be able to have the baby, but she just went back to the beginning of elder, so I aged her back temporarily so she could give birth.  After Zoey was born, I aged her back to elder and let her be a zombie for a while, then when I'd had enough of her (she's not my favourite Sim), I pushed her age on to what it should be and she died again.  To this day, I have no idea how she managed to get herself pregnant just by standing in front of a mailbox talking to her husband, but somehow she did. 

As for the Servo in the casual group, are you sure there was no one at all that she knew?  I've noticed that when you create a casual group, any calls you get from someone in that group won't bring the group members on the outing unless the caller is also friends with them, as inviters only bring friends on outings.  If this was the "6pm just moved in today wanna come downtown" call, these can come from total strangers, although usually that's only for newly-created Sims, those with friends already tend to get calls from people they know.  Maybe your Servo hadn't met anyone at that time?  If it was a downtownie who invited her, they don't need to know the person they invite, they just invite any old stranger.  Although the Servo might not have known anyone in the party, they would all have been friends of whoever invited her. 

Can't help with the "no interests" thing, I've never encountered that with a born-in-game Sim.  The only person I can recall not having any interests was Bella Goth (post Nightlife) when she appeared as a blind date for one of my Sims.  She had no personality, either.  You'll find that newly-created Sims don't have interests until they move into a property - if you create them, then leave them in the Family Bin and go check in SimPE, they'll have no interests at that point.  Maybe whatever it is that generates them didn't work with Brianna for some reason.  Can't see what it would have had to do with Brandi's phantom pregnancy, though.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 13, 07:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved them into new digs (Darren Dreamer, father of the twins, lives with them) but that accomplished nothing except that Darren, Brandi and Brianna came down with the flu.
Did they contract the plague from someone else who had the plague? If you have people with the plague wandering the neighborhood, you need to stop them.

Coupled with the oddity of having an ill child, Brianna has NO interests.  Lots of memories, but not a single interest.  I discovered that right after she transitioned into a child.
Relative of Lythdan, perhaps?

Have any of you had a Sim born without any interests?
Does "Fingers In Ears" Lythdan count?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 13, 09:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd have sent Darren off to buy some magazines!  got used to that in Sims 1, after every new EP!  In the end, I got rather fed up with it and got the interesting toilet!  Wonder why no-one's made one for sims2?

Zephyr Zodiac
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 13, 09:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge had a mod that slowly increased interests when reading books. It's probably somewhere in nectere-land now.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 13, 10:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I remember seeing that.  But the interesting toilet was funny!  I used to like C&C's mag racks too, visitors could read the mags and gain interests too!

Zephyr Zodiac
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 13, 23:47:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did they contract the plague from someone else who had the plague? If you have people with the plague wandering the neighborhood, you need to stop them.

Darren (the Typhoid Mary of Pleasantview) came home from work sick (in my game, he is always hacking in people's faces).  The kids got off the bus moments later, Brianna hugged him, and that was that.  Brandi was somewhere else on the lot; apparently Dreamer germs travel at the speed of light.

After unimpregnating Brandi, everyone swiftly recovered and Brianna is no longer destined for dullsville.  At least for now.

My Servo (Fanny) was friends with Servo Benny, who invited her out, Ancient Sim.  Appreciate your explanation, as I can make some sense of the nonsensical.  Don't get to do that often!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 14, 03:09:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever I have a sim come home from work sick, they go straight to the bathroom, then bed, and lock the door.  They don't come out until they're better - food gets plonked down by me on the bedroom floor or if they can afford it, they just get a min fridge in the bedroom and somewhere to make cereal!

And the hugging hack stops kids from running to greet parents as long as they are kept busy.  OH, and I also (a) ban all townies from the lot and kick them out if they dare follow my sims home from work and (b) if anyone on the lot is sick, then I ban all uninvited guests too.

Zephyr Zodiac
MyPrecious
Blathering Buffoon

"And we don't want any of that nonsense, do we?"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 July 14, 09:55:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup I do the same thing, a mate told me that having them drink water seems to speed up recovery so when I rememeber I get them to drink a few glasses, sometimes it seems to work.

A definition of loafing is; when you can't be bothered to open the curtains so you click the Glastonbury festival web cam to check the weather…

O môr henion i dhû:
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 July 14, 10:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Necromancy is bad, m'kay?

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: