More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 00:07:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  My glitch, SimPE glitch, or game glitch? Default skins acting wonky.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My glitch, SimPE glitch, or game glitch? Default skins acting wonky.  (Read 4504 times)
Edana ni Emer
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
My glitch, SimPE glitch, or game glitch? Default skins acting wonky.
« on: 2006 June 09, 19:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used SimPE in the approved manor with that little engine that makes default skins out of customs for you.  Now I'm getting two-tone Sims with neck-lines and invisible lower halves (which is actually kind of amusing when a Sim that's glitching is streaking).  Sometimes the skins will behave as they should, other times they won't, and I can't seem to figure out a rhyme or reason to why they decide to act as they do.  Is there anything I can check to see what part's screwing up?

(In other words... HELLLLLLLLLLP!   Grin)
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: My glitch, SimPE glitch, or game glitch? Default skins acting wonky.
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 10, 01:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, you must keep the original skintone in your Downloads, as well as the one generated by SimPE. If you just keep the file generated by SimPE, you get the two-toned glitch. Of course, I've never used that particular option in SimPE, so this is all hearsay.

Fail.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 10, 10:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could try downloading already created defaults and replace the texture it has with your skin tone.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 10, 10:51:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the only time i had this promblem . was when i had more than one default set in my downloads , it looked as if the head was using one set . and the body anther
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 10, 19:05:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the only time i had this promblem . was when i had more than one default set in my downloads , it looked as if the head was using one set . and the body anther
The moral of that story being that you shouldn't have more than one default at any given time... heh heh

I've had tons of problems with skins using SimPE to change things (my fault, I know and accept it) and though they're always entertaining, it can be frustrating when the Sim you want to play suddenly has a green head and tone 1 body or anything else that doesn't match.
I did use SimPE to make defaults once and was not happy with it. The files were ginormous and keeping the original skin in the game seemed more than a little redundant. It would probably just be easier to copy and paste over an already working default skin.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 11, 04:25:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should be careful what dumb thing you admit to doing here. It might get named after you, like Ness.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 11, 13:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well it wasent really my fault , the sim vault instructions told me i needed to have both file sets ,
Edana ni Emer
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 12, 04:37:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, you must keep the original skintone in your Downloads, as well as the one generated by SimPE. If you just keep the file generated by SimPE, you get the two-toned glitch. Of course, I've never used that particular option in SimPE, so this is all hearsay.

Yeah, I read up on it and kept all the sets.  Though, the thought just occurred to me... I have a seperate folder for skins (default and not)... I wonder if that might be causing the problem....

Nah, I keep my skin files nicely segregated, and the only new defaults I have are these, an alien, and a vampire.  I'm pretty careful about that sort of thing.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 13, 09:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't use the built-in default maker, it is a lot better to open an existing default skin package in Bodyshop, create a project from the skintone, go to plugin view, right-click on the image, choose Build DXT and select the corresponding image that you exported from Bodyshop. There is a tutorial on MTS2.

INTJ
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: