More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 01:07:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Fully Outgoing Sim Moves In With Total Strangers
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fully Outgoing Sim Moves In With Total Strangers  (Read 14677 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Fully Outgoing Sim Moves In With Total Strangers
« Reply #25 on: 2006 June 09, 16:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, how it works is that any random sim who walks by, may randomly kick the trash can. This is seperate from a furious sim who arrives for the specific purpose of kicking the trashcan. Think the former as being more like a drive-by shooting.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 June 09, 16:53:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that's bqasically what I meant, the sim walking by is a random selection, and the trashcan kicking is a random action,, brought together in the same sim. 

But tell me why, this maid, who wasn't furious with Don, just around 0/0 when I checked in SimPE, did the whole furious bit (and also some dormie somehow crossed the boundary and did the same thing) if the game didn't have some method of generating this action for no apparent reason.

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 June 10, 00:06:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine definitely wasn't a streaker or a mascot, she was an SS member created by the game, who eventually got herself moved-in as a dormie, then became playable.  Oddly enough, she was on another lot yesterday, but she did leave that one, probably because it was a wedding and she was invited, although she didn't leave until a long time after it finished (well, neither did anyone else, they never do).

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 June 10, 08:57:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They do in my game - soon as the car arrives, off they go!  And I recently had a pregnant sim go off and sit in the car.  New hubby got side-tracked so she sat in the car for an hour - no pop-up saying she was a bit too far gone - then got out again full of energy!

Zephyr Zodiac
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 June 10, 19:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have far too many outgoing Sims that barge in uninvited and make themselves pretty much at home regardless of their relationship (or lack of) with the homeowners.
It often seems that if I make them selectable, they'll never leave and will bathe, cook and sleep as if they live there (even after I make them unselectable)
I either run them outside, remove the door and drop their motives to red (unselectable-they'll eventually leave) or tell a resident Sim to get rid of them. I prefer the first (it's funnier and it doesn't add another 'acquaintance' that my Sims will be dying to befriend, best friend and more)

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 June 10, 20:46:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's odd, I've never seen it happen with total strangers!  Making them selectable, of course, means they can't leave.  Why not just use Inge's teleporter shrub and clear all visitors?  Or use TJ's Visitor controller and ban them from the lot?

Zephyr Zodiac
VyeOlin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 June 11, 01:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Happens to me with total strangers quite often and I do ban them. That seems to be very effective.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 June 11, 05:51:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny, I've had lots where the family was living outdoors and passing sims would wander all over the lot, but they never used anything belonging to the family (apart from reading the newspaper.)

Zephyr Zodiac
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 June 13, 17:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to not have probs with visiters sleeping in my Sim's beds, but I must have picked up some hack that is increasing odds of that.  I have a hack that allows a visiter to use the shower maybe it is making them feel more at home.  In my Greek houses,I have the autonomous exercise machines so I wanted visiters to be able to shower--I also have a all-in-one maid that keeps food on the table.  Now,they are also sleeping in the beds.  I clear the lot when it gets late, but I'm concerned about corrupting items like the hot tub or beds if a Sim just disappears while using it.  I try to be careful and get them out of it first.  The outgoing Sims are really bad about staying for a long time,in Matyville(forgot who it was),this Sim stayed in a home for 5 days till I finally deleted her.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 June 13, 18:18:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you ban them with Tj's Visitor controller, they don't just disappear, they get up from whatever they are doing first.  And Clearing all visitors with Inge's teleporter shrub as never caused me a problem.  The only thing that will normally corrupt your object is deleting the sim using it, at least in my experience.

I have had parties at Uni when, after using the bath or shower, Don Lothario has complained that he was asked to stay the night but there's nowhere for him to sleep, although all beds at the time were empty, so this behaviour of having a quick nap in someone's bed uninvited seems a bit odd.

Zephyr Zodiac
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 June 13, 18:36:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once had a sim with only 3 or 4 outgoing who kept showing up in EVERY SINGLE home of anyone she was even slightly aquainted with.

She was a former hostess in a NL restaurant who married into a family of mine.

That would explain what started happening in my game this weekend.  One of my sims married a host from the Crypto Niteclub and every time I play another family in the neighbourhood, he will eventually come sauntering into their house and act like he owned the place.  The only other time I had a sim who was quite as invavsive was when Yesenia Zaphod was in college.  She was 10 outgoing and would show up at her brother's house everytime I played and and then never leave. 
« Last Edit: 2006 June 14, 14:11:15 by Batelle » Logged
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 June 13, 22:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might start marrying in more hosts then. She was driving me batty, but it was quirky and funny since she was normally so shy.

IIRC when she'd get invited to someone's house, she was one of those sims that you didn't have to greet when they arrived, just like a full outgoing sim.

I wonder if she ever got nekkid in the hot tub. I can't remember.

I guess being a hostess forces you to be social even if you'd rather not. I could never do it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 June 13, 22:07:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should create a "Go Away" doormat that causes sims that show up uninvited and try to self-greet themselves like that to be told to screw off.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 June 13, 22:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or maybe one that gave options of who to allow to just walk in?

Zephyr Zodiac
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 June 13, 22:15:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sentry Bot should attack.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 June 13, 22:21:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just think, though, of a single romance sim, who has two or three girlfriends who will all just walk into his house when they feel like it.  A doormat which allowed him to say which day(s) each was to be allowed to wak in would leave him a very happy sim!  And he could program in free days when he could pursue other interests/sims!

Zephyr Zodiac
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 June 13, 22:32:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just think, though, of a single romance sim, who has two or three girlfriends who will all just walk into his house when they feel like it.
That would be hysterical though.

Next time I have a bachelor, I'm going to try to orchestrate that with even more than three girlfriends.

Romance sims and their dramas are my favorite. My thing right now is a house with three unmarried sisters who share about 5-10 boyfriends amongst themselves. Oh the fury. They're having kids by these guys too, and it's just getting ugly.
« Last Edit: 2006 June 13, 22:39:49 by buddha pest » Logged
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 June 13, 22:32:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Process Denied:  If you get an object that is stuck in use, all you have to do is enable boolprop testingcheats, then shift-click on the offending item and Force Error.  Then click Reset.  Sometimes an object won't have the "in use" flag turned off if a sim is not able to disengage from it properly.  I used to get this all the time, but I haven't gotten it in a while, until the other day when a sim wasn't able to sit on the sofa. 
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 June 14, 14:02:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just think, though, of a single romance sim, who has two or three girlfriends who will all just walk into his house when they feel like it. 

I've actually had that happen.  Jason Burb (Jennifer and John's son before they broke up) is a romance sim, and was in the hot tub with his latest conquest.  When they woohooed I heard the good ol' boing sound, and saw another of his girlfriends had been sitting in the living room watching TV.  I know he didn't invite her, and I didn't notice her wander onto the lot and make herself at home.  It was a fun bitch-slapping fest after that. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 June 14, 14:28:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, if he'd had a day-of-the-week welcome mat, she wouldn't have been there, because it was a Tuesday, and her day was Friday!

Maybe it should be a VERY expensive mat though, at least a couple of thousand simoleons, or maybe 30,000 aspiration points!  Perhaps it could be made of some rare substance, like angels' wings or unicorn-hair?

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 June 14, 17:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, if he'd had a day-of-the-week welcome mat, she wouldn't have been there, because it was a Tuesday, and her day was Friday!

Smiley

It was actually fortuitous, because she was a family sim he hooked up with as a teen, and I didn't intend for them to be together long-term anyway. So her catching him cheating probably saved her from the 'fall out of love' fear.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 June 14, 18:30:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it is easy to reset objects but when you have  hacked objects or a complicated object like a hot tub I sometimes wonder if something could happen to it.  The InSIMinator also lets a Sim get out of the chair first but I noticed that they just disappear out of the tub.  I never have had a tub get corrupted by doing that, but I wonder if that could be a problem. I have had to replace Lizz's waterbed when I would delete the love sofa cause it would mess with the waterbed's options.  I also have to replace the all-in-one NPC stove when I screw with the contols under certain circumstances.  The money thing can be hacked but it's a pain to have to reprogram it.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 June 15, 05:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The love sofa?  Do you mean Shaklin's love bed, or is this something different?
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2006 June 15, 12:13:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I went back to play the lot Rosalie had wandered onto and she'd totally vanished, no sign of her at all.  Merola's mind-control mirror couldn't see her, so I suppose the game realised it had got itself into a bit of a muddle and forcibly ejected the poor girl.  Went to play her lot afterwards and she was functioning normally, so no harm appears to have been done.  I'll have to watch for her on other lots now, to see if she does it again.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 June 15, 17:29:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The love sofa?  Do you mean Shaklin's love bed, or is this something different?
yes,the bed
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: