More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 02:29:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  kind of a random question about hacks
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: kind of a random question about hacks  (Read 19819 times)
momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
kind of a random question about hacks
« on: 2006 June 07, 17:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

if I had a hack that enabled hidden game code, then I removed the hack, would the action remain?

I had Squinges breastfeeding hack, which I like the idea of, but, there are just too many annoyances, so I removed the hack.  The moms still try to autonously breastfeed the toddlers, even though it isn't actually possible, and there is a food source available.  ( have run clean installer, and gone through all my downloads, and the hack just isn't there)  I, at this point, only have hacks from here, and moniques computer, and that's all
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: kind of a random question about hacks
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 07, 18:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's a hack that is installed into your Downloads folder, then removing it should return it back to normal - IE. the Sims will not be able to breastfeed.  If it was something you have to change (like in the config file), then it won't change unless you restore it back to Maxis defaults.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 07, 18:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since the option to breastfeed is included in the game as an autonomous option, it's possible your sims are accessing it for valid reasons. Is this happening in just one, or several houses? Is the fridge a normal fridge (the small one from Uni does not provide bottles)? Is the fridge behind a diagonal wall (in which case sims don't know they have one)?

Removing the hack should have removed the option when clicking on the sim, and shouldn't have done anything else to  the game, so if you are SURE that you have removed the hack and it's not lurking somewhere in your files, then I would look for a reason why the mom sims are feeling the need to breastfeed. I'd start by testing in a house where the fridge is not behind any walls at all.

Fail.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 07, 19:34:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine have definitely never tried, and I've never had the hack, but I don't use a lot of custom fridges.

Zephyr Zodiac
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 07, 21:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put the breast feeding hack into my game.    All went well for awhile.    Then I started to get weird glitches which I assume was from this hack.     I removed the hack and everything went back to normal.
JM said he might do a more awsome hack for breastfeeding.     I am now waiting to see if he does one before adding anything for breast feeding back.     The breast feeding is actually a very nice feature to have but not when the hack causes lot problems.   It did for me at least.    And I don't use any custom fridges just the Maxi ones.

Did you try deleting the groups.cache?    I think the game stores info here, sometimes just removing the hack isn't enough.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 07, 22:12:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Squinge has proven to be non-awesome, with all the conflicts and stuff from his hacks.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 07, 22:30:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did use one Squinge hack, the  adopt teen hack, which was fine, except they could no longer adopt a child, only a baby, toddler or teen!  To my mind it would have made more sense to overwrite the toddler option, rather than the child, and make it baby, child or teen, so I stopped using it.

Zephyr Zodiac
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 07, 22:34:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge is usually pretty quick with error resolving. Have you reported this error, or checked if it has been fixed in a newer version already?

I certainly won't recommend using all his mods (many of them in fact conflict), but he has some gems in there.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 07, 22:41:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I didn't think of it as being an error, just it didn't do exactly what I wanted, but it's useful if you want to add some teens to your families without going through the baby stage or moving townies in - plus I've found generally the adopted kids are rather better looking than the Maxis ones!  (Though not always!)

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 07, 22:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I didn't think of it as being an error, just it didn't do exactly what I wanted, but it's useful if you want to add some teens to your families without going through the baby stage or moving townies in - plus I've found generally the adopted kids are rather better looking than the Maxis ones!  (Though not always!)
Adopted babies are simply randomly-generated townies. If you adopt a baby, you risk getting Lil' Baby Fishlips. They don't let you inspect them at the pound, first, for some reason.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 07, 22:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i use the breast feeding hack and love it . and his pregancay wear any outfit is the answer to my prayers. i even scarified the kitten killer for them
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 08, 01:47:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am trying his breast feeding hack now because I wanted to see what everyone was talking about.  But I had to get rid of his hack to let pregnant sims wear anything.  It caused too many errors in my game with the pregnant sims and the pregnancy controller, so I took it out.  I had problems with other of his hacks, and so I am leery of trying any others.  I questioned him about one of his hacks, and he wasn't very friendly in his response, so I am not keen on reporting anything else to him.  Actually, it wasn't that he wasn't friendly in his response, because we know that JM is not friendly, but rather that Squinge questioned that I even knew what I was talking about.   Tongue
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 08, 02:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rainbow did you supply Squinge with error log so he could check what conflicts you were experiencing?  He does not know you so he have no idea you are not just one of the other sheeps around.  I found Squinge very helpful and if you explain well or supply an error log he will fix his mods fast.  His mods might conflict with mods made by others than him but you cannot blame him for that. Wink

It is hard to check for bugs without a log or a hack conflict tool report.  JM is requesting error report too here.

I am using many of his mods and have no problem with them.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 08, 02:42:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did use one Squinge hack, the  adopt teen hack, which was fine, except they could no longer adopt a child, only a baby, toddler or teen!  To my mind it would have made more sense to overwrite the toddler option, rather than the child, and make it baby, child or teen, so I stopped using it.

The latest version he made have all the option to adopt either baby, toddler, kid or teen so this was fix.  You should try it again.  I am using it and have no problem with it.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 08, 02:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the hack I was questioning him about was the "fix" for sims getting penalized for skipping class, which they are not.  I said that I had sims skip class all the time and they were never penalized.  In fact, I am pretty sure the game tips say that there is no point in going to class or doing further grade-building activities when the meter is full.  Anyway, he said that was how Maxis wrote the code, like that was that.  I didn't have an error log for that since I never used the hack, I was just asking why it was necessary.  I could have provided error logs for the other ones though.  Maybe I'll try them again sometime, but I just installed OFB so I am trying to get familiar with the game and get the hacks I already have stabilized first before adding anything unknown to the mix.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 08, 02:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Squinge has proven to be non-awesome, with all the conflicts and stuff from his hacks.

I ask about a month ago what Pescado thinks about Squinge and he said he had no opion on the subject.  Which is neither positive nor negative.

I agree with Jordi that some of his mods are to stay away as far as you can but they are classified mostly as in "testing".
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 08, 03:02:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the hack I was questioning him about was the "fix" for sims getting penalized for skipping class, which they are not.  I said that I had sims skip class all the time and they were never penalized.  In fact, I am pretty sure the game tips say that there is no point in going to class or doing further grade-building activities when the meter is full.  Anyway, he said that was how Maxis wrote the code, like that was that.  I didn't have an error log for that since I never used the hack, I was just asking why it was necessary.  I could have provided error logs for the other ones though.  Maybe I'll try them again sometime, but I just installed OFB so I am trying to get familiar with the game and get the hacks I already have stabilized first before adding anything unknown to the mix.

I agree with you, a sim skipping a class will not be penalize, but a sim missing a final exam will be penalize.  I wonder also why he release such a mod.  Are you sure it was not to stop the final exam penalty?  It would make a lot more sense. 
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 June 08, 03:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, he says it's for missing class, and further down he says in response to someone's question that he doesn't know what would happen if your sim missed the final.

Here's the thread:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=148759
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 June 08, 03:14:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado never has any public opinion on any modder, except if it's like that period-girl or whatever.  He has said that Squinge's hacks are non-awesome, and they conflict with everything, including Squinge's other hacks!
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 June 08, 03:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, he says it's for missing class, and further down he says in response to someone's question that he doesn't know what would happen if your sim missed the final.

Here's the thread:

Well Roxyellen explain in details why Squinge said that.  2 posts below yours.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 June 08, 03:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, and he didn't seem to know that.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 June 08, 03:26:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado never has any public opinion on any modder, except if it's like that period-girl or whatever.  He has said that Squinge's hacks are non-awesome, and they conflict with everything, including Squinge's other hacks!

When I ask him that in private that is not what he said to me.  Sorry he is not more constant in his answer.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 June 08, 03:34:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the thread:

You are absolutely right about the fact he should know what would happen if a Sim miss a final exam.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 June 08, 03:38:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MissDoh, would you please stop double-posting?  It's annoying.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 June 08, 03:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry I will put quotes in the same post next time.  Tongue

EDIT:  There was no reason being so rude at saying this though...  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 2006 June 08, 06:48:35 by MissDoh » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: