More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:49:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  When are townies created without notownieregen?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: When are townies created without notownieregen?  (Read 12460 times)
dadditude
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
When are townies created without notownieregen?
« on: 2006 June 06, 21:26:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the subject really says it all, but just to clarify, If you don't have notownieregen installed, when does the game create new townies/downtownies?

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend;
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
Re: When are townies created without notownieregen?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 06, 21:37:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When needed.

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 06, 22:39:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Until you have about 30 townies, one or two will be created each time you load a lot, I think.

Personally I think without notownieregen you get about 700 crammed down your throat, and the better question is "when do they stop being created?" . . . the answer to which is "when your neighborhood blows up in a BFBVFS."

Special downtownies like diva and grand vampires are not subject to the same rules as normal downtownies, by the way, since they're considered NPCs. Even with the hack, they'll still be created.

Fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 06, 22:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When needed.
But townies are never NEEDED, so they won't be created unless you add a neighborhood which contains them in the template, or if you make them manually.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 06, 22:50:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Townies are being made by OFB when a business is open and oyu enter the lot. They are considered needed as consumers.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 06, 23:08:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure that's actually true. Are you sure you're not seeing the premade Bluewater townies? Looking over the customer-generation routine doesn't seem to show it actually creating anything.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 06, 23:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes very sure: I've never loaded blluewater except in a hood made just for bluewater, where ai went thru and packaged up the lots I wanted to explore, then I deleted the hood.

I was trying tio get rid of all townies. I Ided them, deleted them but kept one of each NPC/service types, and stuck in notownieregen. I opened up my whore house and within a few sim hours had generated a postman, then a townie, then the next time I played the same lot and the same time span (I hadn't saved before) without the hack, generated five townies.

Oh yeah: I had deleted those first two spawns several times, with the hack in and they regenerated each time, sometimes one at a time but always they regenerated. I didn't take out those first two generated with the hack in when I removed the hack and restarted. I can only assume that if I had removed them too, they would have been respawned again. I also played a bit longer the time without the hack in.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 06, 23:43:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found several lots that came with NL and OFB that actually have a sim packaged up in them. So, even if you delete all characters, the second you load that lot or plunk it down in your neighborhood, BAM! a sim is created. One lot that I can think of off the top of my head is the 1-2-3 Bookstore that's in the lot bin... a bartender is inside. The lot with the Flower shop with the playable sim inside (what the heck is her name?) somehow manages to spawn a little kid townie the first time you load it.

Fail.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 06, 23:57:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh thanks for the heads up on that! What was Maxis thinking! More townies...geez..just what we need...
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 07, 12:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The lot with the Flower shop with the playable sim inside (what the heck is her name?) somehow manages to spawn a little kid townie the first time you load it.

Florence Delarosa, I think.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 07, 17:36:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The lot with the Flower shop with the playable sim inside (what the heck is her name?) somehow manages to spawn a little kid townie the first time you load it.

Florence Delarosa, I think.

Yeah, that's her. Smiley

Fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 07, 22:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was trying tio get rid of all townies. I Ided them, deleted them but kept one of each NPC/service types, and stuck in notownieregen. I opened up my whore house and within a few sim hours had generated a postman, then a townie, then the next time I played the same lot and the same time span (I hadn't saved before) without the hack, generated five townies.
The game, by default, will insist on trying to generate 3 of every NPC. If you think that your new sim is a townie, it could be one of the "plainclothes" NPCs, like a reporter.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 08, 13:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And in my experience, the only ones you can safely disable are the burglars, who can be turned into babies.  Do that with any NPC that your sim can call on the phone, such as pizza, grocery delivery sims etc, (or THE NANNY!) and the game will add another one, since there are none that can be sent to perform the service.  However, the burglar arrives autonomously, without a sim's first calling it, so they never seem to arrive!

As far as I remember, the Delarosa house was one of mayI played before the new versions of OFB hacks were ready, so I would have played it without hacks, and whereas I don't remember seeing a townie kid being generated, I can't say I didn't see it either.

Zephyr Zodiac
M.M.A.A.
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012 June 02, 19:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No necromancy is meant, but since my question is related to the topic, here it is:

If you remove notownieregen from the game, will everything return back to normal? i.e. will townies be generated/created as they used to be? Huh

Also, what about antiredundancy? Same thing?
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012 June 02, 22:22:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No necromancy is meant, but since my question is related to the topic, here it is:

If you remove notownieregen from the game, will everything return back to normal? i.e. will townies be generated/created as they used to be? Huh

Also, what about antiredundancy? Same thing?

Yes.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: