More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:26:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Will the following cause a BBFVFS?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Will the following cause a BBFVFS?  (Read 4041 times)
Zukn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Will the following cause a BBFVFS?
« on: 2005 August 27, 20:28:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using datagen to make some moded hairstyles from MTS2 by Melodie9 and Natrobo move from custom to genetic,(These hairstyles are on todlers through to elder) creating a new neighbourhood, deletling the maxoid townies,with notownie regen in place, deleting the maxis original hairstyles in CAS in game(Which use crappy unrelated hairstyles at toddler,child and sometimes teen),  deleteing the no townie regen hack. And lastly  going into the neighbourhood again. (Will I ever have such a run on sentance again?)Will the regening maxoid townies blow up? Will they accept the improved hair? Will I have to try this myself? If no answers are forthcoming I'll put my lips and game on the line when I get my copy of NL cos I was planning on experimenting then unistalling for a clean install.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Will the following cause a BBFVFS?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 28, 00:01:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounded like Greek to me.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 29, 01:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

uh, are you talking about deleting all characters, replacing the default hairstyles and hoping new townies will generate with them?

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Zukn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 01, 21:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aye, basicaly if I delete the the maxis hairstyles, but put hairstlyes that appear genetic(IE Black,brown,red or blonde, rather than custom), in the CAS and body shop, will the game use these instead of the maxis hairtones? When starting a new neighbourhood. Obviously trying to delete the maxis styles will cause existing neighbourhoods problems.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 02, 11:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious how one would go about deleting Maxis stuff as there's a lot of butt ugly stuff in their offerings...

I know this question is not directed at me, and I am certainly no expert but I would strongly suggest against deleting anything, I can't help but think that deleting several hairstyles and replacing them with something the game doesn't recognize would indeed cause a big fiery ball...

Instead, why don't you create your packages as defaults, the way people are doing custom skin, eye sets etc.. this way, each 'nasty' hairstyle ie-Maxis bowlcut could be replaced with Hair#1. Every bowlcut in your existing game will be replaced automatically without damaging anything and if you change your mind, you can simply remove the package.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Zythe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 02, 17:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you put custom hair in the genetic buckets using datgen, then yes. They will possibly get them. I had a bunch of townies with Jean Grey red hair as a result.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: