More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 02:01:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Your Favorite Default Replacement Skins?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Favorite Default Replacement Skins?  (Read 26845 times)
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Your Favorite Default Replacement Skins?
« Reply #50 on: 2006 May 30, 22:15:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Nectere!
I've noticed the occasional neck line thing on different skins and was thinking it was the custom clothes the sim had on causing it? But then I easily get confused by all the layers that make up a sim!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 May 30, 23:57:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are these the default versions, or just modified versions?

(Oh, and thanks -- I've downloaded them...)

I think they're default
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 May 31, 00:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Helaene's skins and Crammy's penis mod - works fine.

Same here. I use Helaene's 1111 set too; the eyes aren't really as baggy in-game as they look in some screenshots. I like the hair amount on the males, and I actually wish she'd put a bit of arm hair on the females. I don't know any woman who waxes her arms  Tongue.

I love Enayla's art, but I don't think "realism" has ever been something she's shot for. Her males are very feminine, and all Sims made with her skins look like they're wearing makeup and lots of baby oil. I'd use her skins for a fantasy kind of thing, but not for boring bourgeois Sims.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 May 31, 00:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like Enaylas skins but not for all my sims

ISFJ
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 May 31, 05:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I shave my arms...does that make me weird? >.>
I'm just really pale with dark hair, and I don't like looking fuzzy.

Personally, I usually throw a little eyeliner on my men, so I don't mine the skins that come with a bit of colour on the male face. I'm not a fan of mass amounts of body hair in general, so I tend to stay well clear of any skins where the men come out looking like bears. I'm also not a fan of the waxed and oiled look on some skins, that's one of the reasons I like Louis' skintones. They are clean looking, and soft, not shiny. The knees are a bit iffy though.

I'd get off my lazy butt and make my own skintones, but damn. That's a lot of work, and I'm really not talented enough to make anything half so nice looking as the hand-painted skintones already available.
cristalfiona
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 May 31, 14:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried other skins but keep ending up with AllenABQ's skins made into defaults. They're not super-realistic but they do have body hair (on the men).  I tend not to like the shiny look, plus I think a lot of "realistic" skins have this weird effect where the collarbone seems to really stick out...

Are these the (adult) ones that Jfreddog converted to default on MTS2, ages ago? If so, im using the same ones. If not, ill shut up and go away. Smiley

I can't stand skins that are far too realistic. All of enaylas and helaenes fit into that category. I had to go and find a separate adult alien skin though- i played for over a year without even noticing that was missing.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 May 31, 14:33:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Louis' default replacements that I got off of MTS2. I really like them, they're not overly realistic but there also not too cartoony.

Is Louis the paradisesims fellow?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 May 31, 14:48:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use sims vault real skins with real adds...

so here they are, please dont email me and tell me they suck, if you dont like them remove them. Tongue

Cheesy  That is what I would do anyway Nectere.  I'm not that much of a whiner to complain about something someone has made and offered for me to use.

C

You know, I think that came out wrong, I meant that I already know they have issues and I cant figure out what it is...bah, I mean you can email me and tell they suck but I already know that lol. And yes these are the defaults I kept the original name, plus they are edited to not be so shiny although I dont really like how the darkest skintone looks if I recall...I have used a whole lot of different skins since then.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 May 31, 15:00:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I think that came out wrong, I meant that I already know they have issues and I cant figure out what it is...bah, I mean you can email me and tell they suck but I already know that lol. And yes these are the defaults I kept the original name, plus they are edited to not be so shiny although I dont really like how the darkest skintone looks if I recall...I have used a whole lot of different skins since then.

Thanks for your efforts with these -- I'm giving them a go, and I'm not sure yet if I prefer them over the 1111 set.  I'll give them another day or so.  They're fairly nice skins though, so I may download the originals from Heleane's site and use them for custom sims even if I don't keep them as the defaults.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
suziblue
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 May 31, 15:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Louis' default replacements that I got off of MTS2. I really like them, they're not overly realistic but there also not too cartoony.

Is Louis the paradisesims fellow?

No, Louis is the SimCribbling gal.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 May 31, 15:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, Louis is the SimCribbling gal.

Ah -- thanks!  What's her id on MTS2 so I can search for her stuff?

Edit: never mind -- a Google search turned them up on MTS2.  Thanks again!

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 May 31, 16:35:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

peter_halland is the guy from paradiise skins

I am not a fan of the louise skins, I don't like the way the ribs show on females, or the push up line over the boobs, because I think it looks really unnatural. I mean, look at your own body in the mirror. Even if you are skinny, you won't see anything like it.

Enayla's definately look bad on the males, it annoys me that she puts so much effort into the female faces but won't remove the male lipstick, or the odd glow around the face. In my game it just looks all wrong.

Stitches
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 May 31, 16:51:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing about Enayla is that she wasn't really creating skins for others in the Sim community. She made the skins so that her game can mimic her art, which has very feminine, ethereal men. She only started sharing them because people asked after seeing her pictures on the MTS2 social forums.

What I don't understand is why people that don't like a certain aspect of a skin, feel that the creator should change it for them. If I really wanted to use a skin and didn't like some aspect of it, I would edit it myself. For instance, if I didn't like the pink lips, I would copy and paste ones from a skin I did like.

People that like masculine looking sims should check out KSK's tasty skins over at insimenator or mts2. She put a lot of effort into them looking perfect.
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 May 31, 20:45:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nectere, thank you very much for posting these.  I'm always looking for defaults to play around with in my game.

Grin
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 June 01, 14:52:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not a fan of the louise skins, I don't like the way the ribs show on females, or the push up line over the boobs, because I think it looks really unnatural. I mean, look at your own body in the mirror. Even if you are skinny, you won't see anything like it.

Yea, I tried them last night, and they just didn't look right to my eyes.  So it's back to heleane -- either the 805's or the 1111's.  I did like louise's greyish skin tones for the zombies, though and may also try one of them on my aliens (currenly using sybercat's creamy alien skin).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2006 June 03, 05:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where do you get yours? I have some of Helaene's but i hate the thing they do by the leggs. I just downloaed exemn's but his make all of the sims seem too old. Anyone know of any other Default Replacement Skins available?

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 June 03, 05:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ness, I merged the two threads, you can delete your post if you want.  Smiley
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: 2006 June 03, 05:48:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you goddess blueth soup

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 June 03, 05:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Blue!

Deleting is always good - stops one looking like more of an idiot than they need to.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 June 03, 14:52:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where do you get yours? I have some of Helaene's but i hate the thing they do by the leggs. I just downloaed exemn's but his make all of the sims seem too old. Anyone know of any other Default Replacement Skins available?

I got the default Heleane skins off MTS2; TurboJAzn made the changes to make them defaults. 

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 June 03, 23:54:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pegasys, Amberdiceless, et.al. ... thanks   Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: