So, hey, is anyone interested in the Tutorial neighborhood?

<< < (2/7) > >>

SaraMK:
Quote from: Ancient Sim on 2006 June 02, 12:36:50

I had a go at playing this a while back, but it wouldn't work, I couldn't get it to show-up on the main screen.  I renamed everything so it was Neighbourhood 3, but it just wouldn't show up.  I think it's because there's no neighborhood.reia package, but as these seem to be specific to the neighbourhood, I didn't really know how to make one.  I thought the game would generate it, but presumably it couldn't because the neighbourhood wasn't accessible.  I've just had another go, but the same thing happened.  I'm obviously doing something wrong, so I will work at it a bit more.

Why the clones, incidentally?  I noticed that.  Only recall one of each in the house when I played the Tutorial originally, but looking in SimPE it would appear all five of them are part of the same family.  I also noticed that one of the Jane Sims has a memory of burning herself.  I will have to go play the Tutorial again, see what's what.  If I get this to work I will change their name to Newbie, as it would appear that Joe is the son of Bob & Betty.  Wonder if he knows he has a sister called Brandi living in a parellel universe?

OK, having been into the Tutorial, I think the problem is that there is no neighbourhood template associated with it, so presumably if I create a new neighbourhood with whatever terrain I want and put the files into it, it will work?  One way to find out, I suppose ... gee, I must be bored.

He he he. I'm just a bit more awesome, then.

The neighborhood is missing a couple of files, which you would see if you open both it and a normal neighborhood side by side. To make it work you need to rip out all the stuff from the normal neighborhood and dump it into the tutorial neighborhood, and then change some names so that the game stops thinking it's the Tutorial neighborhood.

Why the clones? Well, there are 3 tutorial houses, and each one is a differemt scenario that the tutorial takes you through. I guess Maxis wanted it to be the same sims each time.

Here are some pics, and I'll be uploading the neighborhood shortly.

The first Joe Sim in his little house.

The second house, with Joe and Jane.... and the baby I had them have wwhile testing whether the neighborhood would really play properly.

And the last house, with Joe and Jane again.

And the neighborhood.

PlayLives:
How can I get just the terrain? I don't want the clones/sims in it.

BlueSoup:
I like the terrain too...

SaraMK:
Quote from: PlayLives on 2006 June 02, 17:01:45

How can I get just the terrain? I don't want to clones/sims in it.

I don't know. I haven't been able to find it in the files. I think it's a hidden thing (or Maxis just forgot to include it), and must be lurking somewhere.... maybe some of the people who are good a fixing missing stuff should be asked to look for it.

I'll try my best to figure out where it is, but can't promise anything.

It is a nice terrain.

nectere:
heh just as I was reading and saw the terrain...I thought what a nice tiny terrain!

hmm a terrain is a lurking and needs a huntin!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page