More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:08:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Ye Olde Simmes 2 Archives: Dead Creators
| |-+  Ye Olde Syberspunke Archives (Moderator: syberspunk)
| | |-+  Testers Wanted: Adults Go Steady (Updated 9/15/2008)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Testers Wanted: Adults Go Steady (Updated 9/15/2008)  (Read 143085 times)
syberspunk
Heretic

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Testers Wanted: Adults Go Steady (Updated 9/15/2008)
« on: 2006 June 01, 23:00:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Adults Go Steady v1.12 for TS2AL v1.0p0
Made by: syberspunk

I made this hack to enable the 'Go Steady' option for adults. I especially needed this because I wanted my adult sims to have committed relationships without necessarily getting engaged or married. This hack should allow adults to go steady with other adults. It should also be compatible with Woohoo teens and allow teens to 'Go Steady' with their adult partners and vice versa. Don't worry, if you do not have Woohoo teens, the option will only show up for sims who are in love (which you wouldn't be able to accomplish in the default game without mods anyway). I also needed to enable the 'break up' option for those going steady, and as a result this conflicts with Pescado's marriage-traditional hack. See below for details. This is meant for use with Pescado's romancemod. At least that's why I made it, for a particular scenario where I wanted a sim to get furious at his lover for cheating on him. However, this was not happening because they were only in love and not in a committed relationship.

:!!: This is NOT needed if you have the InTeenimater.

With permission from jase, I have borrowed some code from the InTeen. It should now work properly for all sims. Earlier, I was having inconsistent problems with testing couple I used. This should be fixed now to use adult animations taken from flirt.../hold hands interaction and hug.../friendly interaction. This should not add any other features from InTeen. It only uses these adult animations because the 'go steady' animations only exist for teens.

I enabled autonomy for going steady but I limited it to Family sims or very outgoing sims (9 or greater) who are in a good mood (>=80 for PCs or >=90 for others). I kinda wanted some autonomy just to add some surprise. I guess I should have mentioned that. Similarly, I also let the break up option be autonomous, but for Romance sims that are mean (2 or less) who are in a cranky mood (<= -20 for PCs or <= -35 for others).

I have further updated it to add an additional check. Even if your sim is a Family sim, they also have to have an outgoing personality >= 5 to autonomously Go Steady and for break up, a Romance sim has to have an nice personality <= 4. The mood checks remain the same.

I've added further code for randomness. For the go steady interaction, the initiating sim must be in love with the target sim. Family sims have a 50% chance, Romance sims have a 20%, and other sims have a 35%.
For the break up interaction, the initiating sim must have a STR <= -20 with the target sim.  Romance sims have a 50% chance, Family sims have a 20%, and other sims have a 35%.

:!!: A separate Uni and Older version is now available. Fixed some issues with Breaking Up. Break Up option should appear if sims are furious. Each .zip archive contains both traditional marriage and default versions. Please only use One version that is appropriate for your EP(s).

:!!: A separate file is now available that should enable the wants to go steady for adults. Use this file only if you DO NOT have any version of Teen Woohoo OR if you DO NOT want the Go Steady Want to show up between Teens and Adults. I purposefully made this separate package for those who DO NOT play with any version of Woohoo Teens or DO NOT want cross-generational relationships between Teens and Older sims. If you ARE playing with Woohoo Teens, then get the teenenabledadultwants. Both of these files are found over here. That hack is designed to allow romantic wants to roll up between Teens and Older.

INSTALLATION:
This MUST be in your Downloads folder, typically found under:

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Downloads

Compatibility:
Uni and Older version now available. For NL, OFB, or later, use the NL and Later version.
Please report back if you have problems. Again, this hack is only useful if you have Woohoo Teens.

This hack is compatible with most, if not all mods by MATY crew (Pescado, TJ, and CBoy), dizzy, and probably more. Again, up to you to help me determine any possible conflicts.

:busted: This hack will conflict with Pescado's marriage-traditional hack. I have uploaded a version that included the marriage-traditional changes where female sims always take the last name of the male sim and same sex sims retain their own last name.

:busted: This hack will conflict with Squinge's easier break up hack. It may at first appear to be a benign conflict, but you may experience unexpected/unwanted behaviour in your game if you use them both. So don't. I am not responsible for whatever mischief may occur or however your game may get buggered should you decide to ignore this warning.

:!!:REMINDER and fine print (to cover my ass ) :
Remember to ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR DATA BEFORE INSTALLING NEW HACKS. By using this hack, you agree to absolve me of any responsibility or liability for any potential loss of or damage to your data. You have been warned.

:!!:HOW TO REPORT: Conflicts, problems, or errors
I would appreciate any constructive criticism and feedback that is actually helpful. With that in mind, it would be helpful, when reporting any conflicts or issues, that you include the following:

1) thorough but reasonably brief description of what you were doing
2) clear, comprehendible explanation of your problem
3) list of hacks that may be related to going steady or engagement/marriage
4) archived (.rar or .zip) of log produced by error

Posts which do not include a clear description of what your problem is will be pretty much ignored. (i.e. posts such as "This does not work! I am taking it out! You suck! Nice try! etc.") I can't and won't help you if you don't explain what's wrong.

Please be nice when trying to explain your problem and I might be nice and help you.

:grouphug: Finally, my Thank Yous go to:

J.M. Pescado, twojeffs, dizzy2, and jase439 for being excellent tutors and providing excellent models in their mods. As always, thanks to those creators who've put out some excellent modding tutorials, Quaxi and co for SimPE, and dizzy2 for disaSim2, and the finally letters T and S, and the number 2, all of whom, without which this mod would not be possible.

If I left anyone out, I apologize in advance. You know who you are and you deserve my thanks.

Version History:
v1.01 - Fixed errors using InTeen code with permission from jase
v1.02 - Minor tweaks to autonomy and released noautonomy versions
v1.03 - Further tweaks to autonomy adding randomness
v1.04 - Fixed error(s) (hopefully) with breaking up. Propose.../Engage shows up when appropriate. Uni and Older version available.
v1.05 - Tweaked code to be a bit cleaner. Break up option should actually now appear due to furiousness alone.
v1.06 - Added code to remove Going Steady flags upon death
v1.061- Fixed Go Steady age tests for Base Game/Uni versions
v1.07 - Tweaked acceptance code and autonomy versions
v1.08 - Tweaked autonomy versions
v1.09 - Tweaked autonomy versions - NL and Later only
v1.10 - Minor change with memory handling
v1.10b- Added Go Steady check tree. Requires Teen Enabled Woohoo Wants.
v1.11 - Updated for Bon Voyage
v1.12 - Updated for Apartment Life

Here you can see Nina Caliente and my test subject, appropriately named Sujet Dexpérience Wink with the Go Steady option available.

Here they are going steady.

After setting their relationship to enemies, the break up option shows up.

You can see that the break up interaction also works, complete with corresponding memory.

After setting things back again, just to test it out, you can see that after they Go Steady, the Propose.../Engagement option is still available, just to show that this mod shouldn't break anything else.

Here you can see that they are engaged (look at the ring under Nina's icon) and the break up option is also available, after setting their relationship to neutral.

In case you were wondering, the break up for going steady is considered a separate social interaction from the break up for engagement/marriage. This is because normally, the 'Go Steady' option is reserved for teens only.

* adultsgosteadynoautonomy - Uni and Older.zip (11.54 KB - downloaded 3749 times.)
* adultsgosteady - Uni and Older.zip (11.93 KB - downloaded 2517 times.)
* adultsgosteady - NL and Later.zip (13.24 KB - downloaded 7804 times.)
* adultsgosteadynoautonomy - NL and Later.zip (12.76 KB - downloaded 4204 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 September 16, 01:28:35 by syberspunk » Logged

NikonSnow
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Testers Wanted: Adulst Go Steady
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 01, 23:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is fantastic...it's so silly that adults don't really have a real relationship option besides marrage! Thank you!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted: Adulst Go Steady
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 02, 00:00:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is intriguing in its own little way.  I remember practically begging Jase to make the "Go Steady" option in Inteen optional (which he eventually did), because it drove me to distraction!  I suppose it's my age, but "Go Steady" to me is a teen thing (or was, it's sort of archaic now where I live - in fact, I don't know anyone who's ever gone steady!) and the thought of a couple of elders 'going steady' - well, it just didn't seem right.  I was having to go into SimPE and remove the memory, then go back into the game to get them engaged and married, because I didn't want the memory spreading, and it was driving me dolally.  I'd have been fine with it if the memory had said "committed relationship", it was just the term "Go Steady" that I had an issue with. 

Oh, I'm OLD.  Give me a break. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted: Adults Go Steady (Fix Pending :P)
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 02, 02:58:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe. First of all, how embarrassing is that I mispelled Adults in the title. Tongue

Second of all, in my testing, I have now found a bug. So a fix will be pending. I think I might remove the download for now until I can figure out what the problem is.

As for the Go Steady thing with adults... well I just wanted sims to have a form of committed relationship without it necessarily being Engagement or Marriage, but I'm too lazy to want to clone the entire thing. If I clone the social, then that means I have to clone a separate memory as well and yadda yadda yadda. I figured it'd be less work to just use the interaction which already exists in the game, but make it available for adults. I don't really care so much about the 'terms' that are used, so long as it accomplishes the main function. However, right now I am finding it a bit wiggy. Hopefully it is a simple problem. *crosses fingers*

Ste

syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted: Adults Go Steady (Updated 6/2/2006)
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 02, 21:16:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright. It appears to be fixed now thanks to jase's code. Thanks jase. I appreciate your help and generosity. Smiley

Ste

PS. I'll still consider it in a 'testing' sort of phase. So feel free to test and report back, as I personally have not tested every age case cuz I'm lazy like that. Tongue

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 03, 03:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was going to report that SimWardrobe's hack conflict tool was reporting this hack as conflicting with itself. Huh  But I downloaded your update, and it's no longer reporting this.

I'll let you know if I have any problems.  Thanks for sharing!
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 03, 04:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, the previous version that I had up there, I didn't realize that I had a certain BHAV twice. The update should be fixed now. I'm gettin a bit sloppy and careless, heh. How Maxian. Tongue

But this one should be good to go, especially with jase's code, which already works anyways. As such, I really can't take much credit for this. I kinda slapped the thing together based on similar previous mods I'd already done or tinkered with as models. Really, all the hard work was done by jase since he figured out awhile ago how to get it to work for adults to begin with. I kinda figured it was an animation issue, and since he already solved it, why reinvent the wheel? So special thanks goes to him for his willingness to share. Smiley

Ste

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 03, 05:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I just installed OFB and ran it for the first time after enabling CC.  I entered the house of Lothario, a house of romance sims, of course.  Bella's adult son had an attraction towards one of his lovers, and it looked like he went over to "hold hands."  I didn't pay much attention to them at the moment.  A few moments later, I was checking his memories and noticed he had just gotten a bad memory for going steady with this other sim!  I didn't tell him to do that though.  What could have happened?  I am going to clear the flags and delete the memories from both.  But that was really weird.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 03, 06:07:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would guess Syberspunk forgot to disable the autonomity.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 03, 06:26:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Ste, I will give it a go!

Axe murdered since 2006
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 03, 21:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What could have happened?  I am going to clear the flags and delete the memories from both.  But that was really weird.

Wow. Well... heh, actually I left autonomy in... but I limited it to Family sims or very outgoing sims (9 or greater) who are in a good mood (>=80 for PCs or >=90 for others). I kinda wanted some autonomy just to add some surprise. I guess I should have mentioned that. Similarly, I also let the break up option be autonomous, but for Romance sims that are mean (2 or less) who are in a cranky mood (<= -20 for PCs or <= -35 for others). I should have mentioned that. Sorry. Tongue I will upload noautonomy versions for both.

Ste

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Testers Wanted: Adults Go Steady - No Autonomy Versions (Updated 6/3/2006)
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 04, 01:15:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much, Ste.  I have repaired the damage, thanks to SimPE's cascading delete on memories.  I took it out until I could find out what was going on.  While some may like the excitement of autonomy, I do not allow my sims to make their own choices in love.  I'll tell you who to date and who to go steady with, dammit!  Cheesy
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 04, 02:07:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While some may like the excitement of autonomy, I do not allow my sims to make their own choices in love.  I'll tell you who to date and who to go steady with, dammit!  Cheesy

Hehe. Sorry to have caused the drama in your game. I kinda like a little drama and some surprise. I thought that the checks would be high enough that it wouldn't happen too often. Can you at least verify for me that the sim in your game who autonomously chose the 'Go Steady' interaction fit the criteria I mentioned above:

1) Family sim OR Very outgoing (>= 9)
2) had a mood that was >= 80 for PC, >= 90 for others (townies and NPCs)

The 2nd part is probably harder to verify since it already happened... but they should have at least met the 1st criteria.

Ok, I have further updated it to add an additional check. Even if your sim is a Family sim, they also have to have an outgoing personality >= 5 to autonomously Go Steady and for break up, a Romance sim has to have an nice personality <= 4. The mood checks remain the same. Feel free to redownload and test. Let me know if you still find the autonomy too high or too frequently used. Also, any suggestions for other personality or mood/need checks are appreciated. Smiley

Ste

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 04, 03:35:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim was an adult Romance sim in Permaplat, and his mood was where OFB puts them after it first installs, everything full green for the most part, except bladder was half-way.  The other guy was a YA dormie from Sim State who I made Romance.  This happened almost immediately after I unpaused the game after loading the lot, and everyone was reset.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 04, 03:42:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm interesting. Was the one who initiated the interaction have an outgoing personality of 9 or more? Maybe I should put an extra check so Romance sims don't autonomously try the interaction, since it's typically a bad memory for them. Heheh. But still, kind of funny that a romance sim would autonomously choose to initiate it, and that a romance sim would accept. Tongue

Ste

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 04, 04:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not sure which one initiated it, because they were mostly off-screen at the time.  I suspect that it was my sim though because I think he was the one who was heading towards the other sim.  He has 9 outgoing points.  He is an Aries, and his personality is 5/9/6/6/7.  Their relationship was 100/100.  He is the son of Bella Goth-Lothario and  Brandon Lilliard.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted: Adults Go Steady - No Autonomy Versions (Updated 6/4/2006)
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 04, 04:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not sure which one initiated it, because they were mostly off-screen at the time.  I suspect that it was my sim though because I think he was the one who was heading towards the other sim.  He has 9 outgoing points.  He is an Aries, and his personality is 5/9/6/6/7.  Their relationship was 100/100.  He is the son of Bella Goth-Lothario and  Brandon Lilliard.

Hehe. Ok whew. At least the checks worked properly. I edited it yet again to add some randomness in there. For the go steady interaction, the initiating sim must be in love with the target sim. Family sims have a 50% chance, Romance sims have a 20%, and other sims have a 35%.
For the break up interaction, the initiating sim must have a STR <= -20 with the target sim.  Romance sims have a 50% chance, Family sims have a 20%, and other sims have a 35%.

So this should lessen the autonomy, but there can still be some surprises.  Grin

Ste

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 June 04, 05:06:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, syberspunk, but I think I'll stick with the no-autonomy one for now.  Smiley  I'm sure others who want autonomy will appreciate the tweaks, though.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 June 04, 05:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, syberspunk, but I think I'll stick with the no-autonomy one for now.  Smiley  I'm sure others who want autonomy will appreciate the tweaks, though.

That's cool. I wasn't tryin to convince you to switch. I just wanted to make sure that the one with autonomy is reasonable, and not insanely super obsessive like it sometimes ends up. I like surprises, but I don't want it to get annoying. Hehe.

Ste

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 June 04, 05:24:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's ok.  I'm glad I could help troubleshoot.  Smiley
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2006 June 04, 06:53:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the autonomy aspect!

Axe murdered since 2006
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted: Adults Go Steady - Uni and Older Versions (Updated 6/4/2006)
« Reply #21 on: 2006 June 05, 01:56:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to update this again. I found some problems with the 'Break Up' option not happening properly. It appears to be fixed now. But it definitely needs more testing. A separate Uni and Older version is now available. Also, the 'Break Up' options should appear if sims are furious. Each .zip archive contains both traditional marriage and default versions. Please only use One version that is appropriate for your EP(s). I had to combine them in the same archive because I'm only allowed four attachments.

Anyways, please redownload, test, and report back if you get any problems. Thanks. Smiley

Ste

syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted: Adults Go Steady - Uni and Older Versions (Updated 6/5/2006)
« Reply #22 on: 2006 June 05, 15:23:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. Yet another update. *whew* I'm rollin 'em out about as much as the maty dc is being updated. Tongue

Hopefully this will be the last update for a while. This should be a cleaner fix to the problem I was experiencing before. For those interested in the details:

In my game/testing, I have a YA couple at a Uni dorm. One is a CAS made YA, and the other was a townie that I invited to join the household (using pinhead's fabulous hack). Whenever I had the CAS born YA initiate the 'go steady' interaction, I would run into problems where his part of the interaction would fail, but the target (moved-in townie/dormie YA) would continue regardless. As a result, the target was getting a memory of going steady, but the initiator did not get a memory and the flags were not properly set. I suspected this had to do with the animations, which jase informed me that there were no 'gosteady' animations for adults. His solution, which was pretty clever, was to use other animations, in this case from flirt and hug. With his permission, I've used those changes and that seemed to solve that problem.

However, I was now testing the break up option, and once again, it seemed to be failing when the initiator was the CAS made YA (in both cases, if I directed the moved-in townie/dormie YA, he was always successful - I tried this multiple times). Again, the initiating sim fails on his side of the interaction; he does not get the memory and the flags do not get cleared. On the other hand, the target does get the break up memory and there is a relationship drop with the red -- symbols. I am still not quite sure why it fails. I tried to trace the error down, and it seems to failing in the 'Common Entry' BHAV, at Wait - Person B State - >= but didn't care to go any further as it seems a bit too complicated at that point. If any other modders could shed some light on this issue, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Well, my first attempt to fix this was kind of a jerryrigged bandaid. I forced the false return from the Common Entry to run the code anyways. Even though this forced the initiating sim to now get the appropriate memory, in one of my tests, it did not sync up properly and I now had the opposite problem where the target sim was not receiving the memory and the flags were still not cleared. Instead, I decided to alter the bhavs, and move out the creation of the memory into the initiator's side of the interaction. This way, only if he succeeds, will both memories be created and the flags should be cleared. If he fails, there may be a relationship change, but at least the memories won't be lopsided (where only one sim gets the memory and the other doesn't). I tested it, and so far it seemed to work ok. But since I am not sure what causes the failing in the first place, I cannot guarantee that it still won't fail occassionally. But at least, if it does fail, it won't be totally screwy and you won't be forced to have to go into SimPE to fix the memories.

Not exactly the most elegant solution, but the best I can come up with for now. Please let me know if you experience these types of problems with either going steady or breaking up. It may have to do with the state that the sims are in. I'm not sure what it is though, since in most cases, my sims were standing around and I had them procrastinating with macrotastics. One of the times that I was testing, I tried to use the break up option right after the two sims failed at flirting. The target was in the midst of trying to walk away. The initiator went through his part of the interaction, got the relationship change and the memory, but the target wasn't even facing him, and made no attempt to 'dock' with the initiator and run through the corresponding animations. In all other tests, my sims were usually unoccupied and just standing around. Huh If you do run into these problems, any info you could provide might help, such as what your sims were doing, what may have been in their queue, whether they were pcs or townies, and whether they were CAS made or moved-in.

Thanks. Smiley

Ste

jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Testers Wanted: Adults Go Steady - Uni and Older Versions (Updated 6/5/2006)
« Reply #23 on: 2006 June 11, 00:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So now that a little bit of the InTeenimater resides in this mod, has anyone measured its effect on kittens?

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 June 11, 00:49:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

None that I can see.  Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: