More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:11:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Ye Olde Simmes 2 Archives: Dead Creators
| |-+  Ye Olde Syberspunke Archives (Moderator: syberspunk)
| | |-+  Testers Wanted: Teen Enabled Adult Wants and Woohoo Wants (Updated 9/10/2007)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Testers Wanted: Teen Enabled Adult Wants and Woohoo Wants (Updated 9/10/2007)  (Read 177679 times)
syberspunk
Heretic

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted: Teen Enabled Adult Wants - Random Flirts Ver. (Updated 6/5/2
« Reply #25 on: 2006 June 13, 21:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm. How very odd. I'll look into this, but the only changes I made were to the age requirements... I'll have to see if there are family checks, which I assumed would have been built in. IIRC, family only spans like 3 generations or so? Right? Even though sims are on the same family tree, the great grandmother does not have a family icon for her great grandson. Or something like that. I'll look into it in a bit.

Ste

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Testers Wanted: Teen Enabled Adult Wants - Random Flirts Ver. (Updated 6/5/2
« Reply #26 on: 2006 June 13, 21:45:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is her grandson, not great grandson.  They have the family icon, and she has the option for "Family Kiss".
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 June 13, 22:05:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is her grandson, not great grandson.  They have the family icon, and she has the option for "Family Kiss".

Yeah, I read your post correctly. I was only mentioned the great grandson/great grandmother thing because I wanted to be sure that was right. I only vaguely recall reading about this, but I don't have several generations in my game to have noticed this personally.

Quick question, which version are you using? The one with or without randomflirts?

Ste

twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2006 June 13, 22:10:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhh, kinda what I expected. I toyed around with some test situations and I still didn't have woohoo wants roll up myself.

I have a sneaking suspicion that there maybe some other checks for this that prevent woohoo from rolling up for anyone younger than adults. I am pretty sure this is probably the reason why woohoo wants don't seem to roll up for teens. I poked around in the WantTrees package and I found something that I think is the want tree for woohoo, and it looks like it is locked for teens and younger (there is a value that is set to false for teen and younger, but it is set to true only for adult and elder). I am not positive this is the only reference and whether modding this would have any real effect as I usually tend to stay away from core files and don't have much experience with them anyway. If anyone wants to try it, open the WantTrees.package and look for Instance 0X0E198459. Just remember, if you modify this file, you should back it up first. Modifying core files such as these, similar to Squinge's mod that enables the Uni career related LTWs, means you will have to restore the originals before installing new EP/SPs.

I've updated the first post to reflect this info. If I actually get this to work, maybe I'll post it here with the appropriate warning regarding the core files, backing them up, restoring them and what not.

Ste

That's exactly what you have to do to enable the woohoo wants for teens. That was the main reason for my (very) old want trees hack. However, there are about ten different trees that have to be modded, not just one (I have a list somewhere, except for NL/OFB trees). You also have to find each instance of the want in each of the trees and mod it separately. It's a pain in the ass.  Tongue
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2006 June 13, 22:23:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's exactly what you have to do to enable the woohoo wants for teens. That was the main reason for my (very) old want trees hack. However, there are about ten different trees that have to be modded, not just one (I have a list somewhere, except for NL/OFB trees). You also have to find each instance of the want in each of the trees and mod it separately. It's a pain in the ass.  Tongue

Ahh... I remembered that you had a mod for these core files a long time ago (well it seems a long time ago now, hehe) but since you've moved all your stuff off of MTS2, I couldn't find it anymore. And I figured you discontinued it because of the excessive maintenance involved in updating it for each EP. That's pretty much why I didn't want to tackle that either. Tongue

But if you wouldn't mind, maybe you could post sort of a mini-tutorial on how to DIY. Maybe include the list you had, what part you have to edit, and what exactly you have to change? Is it just as simple as changing the False value to True? And you probably have to modify each instance and save the changes to the WantTree.package and overwrite your existing one. Or is it possible to extract those specific instances, save it as a separate package and drop it into the Downloads folder?

Ste

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 June 13, 22:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quick question, which version are you using? The one with or without randomflirts?
No random flirts, removing JM's no random flirts package.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2006 June 13, 23:12:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I took a look at the code and... it appears to be done correctly? It should check to see if the sim is a Romance Sim, and then check if romance is even capable between the two sims. For all other Aspirations, the code should check if the sims in question are flagged for Crush, Love, Engaged, Marriage, or Going Steady and then check if romance is even capable between the two sims. If romance is capable, then for all other aspirations (other than Romance) it checks if the sim (the one who's wants are being checked) is in love with any other living sim. If so, then the check should return false and prevent the want to flirt from rolling up with the other sim in question.

###
# Group = 0x7F739728, Instance = 0x100D
# Title = CT - Test - Flirt with Sim
#
# Format = 8007, Params = 6, Locals = 2
# Tree type = 0, Header flag = 0, Tree version = FFFF8009 (-32759)

0: Param 3 == 0; true: true, false: 1
     1: Stack Object := Param 0; true: 2, false: 2
     2: neighbor's person data Aspiration (0x2E) Flag Set? Const 0x13E(Aspirations):0x1; true: 9, false: 3
     3: Relationship: Access var 1 (UI/Own) of Param 0 to Param 3. Put value into Temp 0, fail if too small, use neighbor IDs; true: 4, false: A
     4: Temp 0 Flag Set? Const 0x11C(Relationship - UI Flags):0x1; true: 9, false: 5
     5: Temp 0 Flag Set? Const 0x11C(Relationship - UI Flags):0x2; true: 9, false: 6
     6: Temp 0 Flag Set? Const 0x11C(Relationship - UI Flags):0x3; true: 9, false: 7
     7: Temp 0 Flag Set? Const 0x11C(Relationship - UI Flags):0x4; true: 9, false: 8
     8: Temp 0 Flag Set? Const 0x11C(Relationship - UI Flags):0x7; true: 9, false: A
     9: .Rel - Teen and Older - Romance Capable?(Param 0, Param 3); true: true, false: false
     A: .Rel - Teen and Older - Romance Capable?(Param 0, Param 3); true: B, false: false
     B: Stack Object := 0; true: C, false: C
     C: Temp 0 := Param 0; true: D, false: D
     D: Temp 1 := 0; true: E, false: E
     E: Temp 1 Set Flag Const 0x11C(Relationship - UI Flags):0x2; true: F, false: F
     F: Set to Next: NeighborID with rel var 1 & temp 1; true: 10, false: true
    10: Death - Is Sim Dead? (NID)(Stack Object); true: C, false: false

When I look at the check for romance capability, the only things I changed were the age requirements. This checks the following:

1) If the sim in question is 'Alive & Eligible' which checks if the sim is dead, in the same family household, in the adoption pool, or if the sim is an NPC capable of romantic interactions.
2) If the sims are related by blood, which should check if they have some kind of Familial Relationship.
3) If the sims ages are >= Teen.
4) If the sims are NPCs capable of romantic interactions.
5) If the other sim fits the sim in question's gender preference.

###
# Group = 0x7F739728, Instance = 0x1246
# Title = Rel - Teen and Older - Romance Capable?
#
# Format = 8007, Params = 2, Locals = 0
# Tree type = 0, Header flag = 0, Tree version = FFFF800B (-32757)

0: .0x1017(Param 1, Stack Object, Stack Object, Stack Object); true: 1, false: false
     1: .0x101C(Param 0, Param 1, Stack Object, Stack Object); true: false, false: 2
     2: .0x1014(Param 0, Const 0x110(Person Ages):0x2, Stack Object, Stack Object); true: 3, false: false
     3: .0x1014(Param 1, Const 0x110(Person Ages):0x2, Stack Object, Stack Object); true: 4, false: false
     4: .0x1138(Param 0, Stack Object, Stack Object, Stack Object); true: false, false: 5
     5: .0x1138(Param 1, Stack Object, Stack Object, Stack Object); true: false, false: 9
     9: .0x1009(Param 0, Param 1, Stack Object, Stack Object); true: true, false: false

Is it possible that somehow the sims in question are flagged for crush, love, engaged, marriage, or going steady?

I made a debug version. You could try using this in the household that has your grandmother sim with the wants for her grandson. You would have to turn on debug mode, and force a re-roll of wants somehow. It wouldn't even be guaranteed that an error would be thrown. It would only be thrown if the want actually tries to roll up, but since it is quite possible that your sim might not roll up the want again, then you wouldn't get an error log.

Essentially, I set all the true values to return an error. So... if it does happen again in your game, it will generate an error log which you can post and I can try and take a look at it. Without an error log, I really have no way of debugging, unless maybe you send me your entire neighborhood. Tongue

Ste

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 June 13, 23:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where do I download the debug version?
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2006 June 14, 00:53:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where do I download the debug version?

Doh! Silly me, I could have sworn I attached it to my last post. Tongue Ok, here it is. Sorry about that. I got distracted by playing Animal Crossing on DS with my sister. Heh.  Cheesy

Ste

* teenenabledadultwantsDEBUG.zip (0.9 KB - downloaded 506 times.)

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 June 14, 01:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, here's the log file it generated.  Something about the hot tub???

She now has 3 blank want slots and one blank fear slot (I upgraded her to 6 slots using the Lot Debugger).  Her remaining wants are to Dance with Tosha, Dance with Ricky, and the want I locked was to Woohoo with 10 sims.  Her fears are Be rejected for a dance wtih Ricky and Be rejected for a dance with Tosha.

[attachment deleted by admin]
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2006 June 14, 02:36:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, no you can't just extract the changed files, you have to keep the whole file intact or it won't work (blame Maxis).  Angry

Ok, here's whatcha have to do to enable the woohoo wants for teens. First, make a backup of the original WantTrees.package file. You're going to be hacking a core game file, so if you don't make a backup you're hosed if something goes wrong. This file is located at Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSData\Res\Wants. Once you have a backup of the file, open WantTrees.package in Simpe.

Below is one of the woohoo want nodes from instance 4DEAE239. You can use the instance filter to get there quickly.

<wantNode key="node">
                        <cGZPropertySetString>
                          <!--Want name is alphaWooHoo_6d9acde0.xml-->
                          <AnyUint32 key="wantId" type="0xeb61e4f7">0x6d9acde0</AnyUint32>
                          <AnyUint32 key="id" type="0xeb61e4f7">434461</AnyUint32>
                          <!--simulation parameters-->
                          <AnyBoolean key="visible" type="0xcba908e1">True</AnyBoolean>
                          <AnySint32 key="lifetime" type="0x0c264712">1</AnySint32>
                          <AnySint32 key="frequency" type="0x0c264712">0</AnySint32>
                          <AnyBoolean key="regeneration" type="0xcba908e1">False</AnyBoolean>
                          <!--want override properties-->
                          <!--node properties-->
                          <AnyUint32 key="objectField" type="0xeb61e4f7">0</AnyUint32>
                          <AnyUint32 key="integerField" type="0xeb61e4f7">0</AnyUint32>
                          <!--simulation properties-->
                          <AnyBoolean key="inheritSubject" type="0xcba908e1">True</AnyBoolean>
                          <!--ad properties-->
                          <AnySint32 key="minScore" type="0x0c264712">0</AnySint32>
                          <AnySint32 key="maxScore" type="0x0c264712">60</AnySint32>
                        </cGZPropertySetString>
                        <editorValues>
                          <int key="x">-479</int>
                          <int key="y">-1497</int>
                          <int key="width">100</int>
                          <int key="height">100</int>
                          <string key="wantComment" />
                        </editorValues>
                        <ads key="age" weight="96" superZero="True" locked="False">
                          <bool key="Baby" value="False" />
                          <bool key="Toddler" value="False" />
                          <bool key="Child" value="False" />
                          <bool key="Teen" value="False" />
                          <bool key="Adult" value="True" />
                          <bool key="Elder" value="True" />
                        </ads>
                        <ads key="aspiration" weight="0" superZero="True" locked="False">
                          <bool key="Family" value="False" />
                          <bool key="Romance" value="True" />
                          <bool key="Fortune" value="False" />
                          <bool key="Knowledge" value="False" />
                          <bool key="Popularity" value="False" />
                          <bool key="GrowUp" value="False" />
                        </ads>
                        <ads key="personality" weight="0" superZero="False" locked="False">
                          <bool key="Mean" value="False" />
                          <bool key="Nice" value="False" />
                          <bool key="Sloppy" value="False" />
                          <bool key="Neat" value="False" />
                          <bool key="Shy" value="False" />
                          <bool key="Outgoing" value="False" />
                          <bool key="Lazy" value="False" />
                          <bool key="Active" value="False" />
                          <bool key="Playful" value="False" />
                          <bool key="Serious" value="False" />
                        </ads>
                        <ads key="aspirationScore" weight="0" superZero="False" locked="False">
                          <range key="aspirationScore" min="-100" max="100" />
                        </ads>
                        <ads key="relationship" weight="4" superZero="True" locked="False">
                          <range key="relationship" min="50" max="100" />
                        </ads>
                        <ads key="mood" weight="0" superZero="False" locked="False">
                          <range key="mood" min="-100" max="100" />
                        </ads>
                        <children />
                      </wantNode>

Every want node follows this structure. I've highlighted the two areas you need to look at. First is the alpha name of the want, these along with alphaWoohoo_Reject are the only wants you need to change. You have to do the reject as well for the fears to appear.

The second highlighted line is the one you have to change. Simply change the False to True. Make sure not to delete the quotes or change any of the spacing. Don't change anything else unless you want to risk farking your game up! You will have to scroll through the entire tree file to get all of the wants. Each want will appear (usually) several times in each file.

Here are the instances that I'm aware of that contain woohoo wants:

4DEAE239
0E198459
4DC7C64B
CDE5E646
CDEAE1C7
CDEAE260
CDEAECA2
CDECA97E
EDE49546
EDEAEC3C
ADE345CE
EDFB48E3
CEA6853F (this one contains the very first woohoo want)

These cover all of the base game and Uni want trees, but I never went through them again after NL or OFB. Those 2 expansions added 41 new trees, but there is no way to sort them out easily to just check the new ones. Like I said, this is a pain in the ass.  Tongue

Once you've changed them all, save the file overwriting the existing file in the Program Files folder. Fire up the game and see what happens. It will likely take a little while for the wants to start showing up (the trees have to refresh before they will start to show).
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 June 14, 03:39:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had something creepy happen...a Romance sim has a want to flirt with her grandson!  He just became a child, and I had them use the new "Dance together" option in OFB.  Then I had her use Macro-Socialize on him, and she rolled up a want to "Flirt with Darrell."  They are definitely family, and she doesn't even have the option to flirt with him.  He's just a child!  Very strange.  Is there some option you forgot to disable to check for family?? 
Sounds like a corrupted SWAF, actually.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 June 14, 04:05:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had something creepy happen...a Romance sim has a want to flirt with her grandson!  He just became a child, and I had them use the new "Dance together" option in OFB.  Then I had her use Macro-Socialize on him, and she rolled up a want to "Flirt with Darrell."  They are definitely family, and she doesn't even have the option to flirt with him.  He's just a child!  Very strange.  Is there some option you forgot to disable to check for family?? 
How would that happen?  I've never done a DAC.  This is the original Ivy Copur adult townie that I had marry Darren Dreamer, and I switched her to Romance after he died.

EDIT:  I took out the debug mod and put in the regular version.  I did not save my previous results.  When I loaded up the lot again, she still had the want to flirt with her grandson, but I forced a reroll of her wants, and she has normal wants now, all about flirting, dancing, and playing wtih Tosha and Ricky.  Roll Eyes  But no more flirting with Darrell, at least for now. 
« Last Edit: 2006 June 14, 04:14:20 by rainbow » Logged
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2006 June 14, 06:27:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How would that happen?  I've never done a DAC.  This is the original Ivy Copur adult townie that I had marry Darren Dreamer, and I switched her to Romance after he died.

EDIT:  I took out the debug mod and put in the regular version.  I did not save my previous results.  When I loaded up the lot again, she still had the want to flirt with her grandson, but I forced a reroll of her wants, and she has normal wants now, all about flirting, dancing, and playing wtih Tosha and Ricky.  Roll Eyes  But no more flirting with Darrell, at least for now. 

I don't know much about SWAFs. I hardly touch my sims character stuffeths in SimPE because I'm paranoidally afraid of borking something really badly. Tongue

It could very well be a corrupt SWAF (in which case I know nothing about it, how it would happen or how to fix it). It could just be a random fluke? This thing is sort of hard to debug and this particular case is hard to be sure whether it was caused by this hack or not. Even with the error log you provided, I just realized I can't be sure if it is caused by an erroneous flirt want rolling up between grandmother and grandson or if it was just a normal flirt want check with someone that is valid. The problem is the params are passed as nIDs and I think the log only lists objects by object ID. The reason why you probably see the reference to the hot tub is most likely because the object id of the hot tub coincides with the neighbor id (nID) of the sim in question.

Anyways, forcing a reroll might solve the problem... but that solution might also be temporary. Let me know if you see any more strange wants like this getting by through the checks. As it stands, the code should prevent these times of wants from rolling up between family. I personally did not purposefully enable any kind of incestuous type wants. If the code works properly, the only way this could sneak by the checks is if the relationship between the sims in question are flagged for any of those statuses I mentioned above: crush, love, engaged, marriage, or going steady. Even though you did change the grandmother to a Romance Sim, it should still check if any kind of romantic wants are capable between the two sims in question. If the grandson is flagged as family, and there are no flags romantic type flags set, then the code should return false and prevent any flirty type wants from rolling up between them.

If you still have trouble with this, I'll try and make a better debugging version that could report which sims are being tested.

Ste

PS. Thanks twojeffs for all that info. I'll probably toy with this tomorrow. Cheesy

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 June 14, 06:36:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'll just watch for any more flukes to pop up.  She is supposed to die in a few days though.  I don't see how they could have any romance flags set.  I'll let you know if anything pops up for other sims in the game. 
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2006 June 14, 06:49:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'll just watch for any more flukes to pop up.  She is supposed to die in a few days though.  I don't see how they could have any romance flags set.  I'll let you know if anything pops up for other sims in the game. 

Thanks. As far as the flags go, I'm not sayin you would have set them on purpose in anyway, but we've all seen some weird things happen in game before. I think there's that family relations thread in the Podium where Pescado explains that for some family members, certain relationships flags aren't set properly. In some cases, they might be asymmetrical, and only one party sees the other as family, and thus invalidates them for romantic type interactions, but for some still as yet unknown reason, the other sees them as valid. Huh I was just throwing out possibilities, and maybe something you could check for in SimPE. Since, as far as the code goes, it appears that this shouldn't happen. I'm not saying the code is fool proof either, or that my hacking of the code is any better. Tongue I'm basically just grasping for straws to blame someone else rather than accept responsibility for possibly making a mistake.  Grin

Ste

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 June 14, 06:56:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's ok, I know the game is buggy, and I appreciate your explaining various possibilities.  I'll check the relationship flags in SimPE when I shut down the game.  Otherwise, if I don't see anything like this again, I'll just write it off as a fluke. 
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 June 14, 11:13:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, now she's rolled up a want to flirt with a kid that her grandson brought home from school.  Tongue  Maybe I should hasten her meeting wtih the Grim Reaper?  Old ladies wanting to flirt with children is just creepy.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2006 June 14, 11:33:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh... seems like this granny's losin it. Now this does sound more like a corrupted SWAF as Pescado says. Because the age checks should definitely be for teen or older. I'm not sure how you would fix a corrupted SWAF or how SWAFs get corrupted in the first place, aside from deleting sims? Perhaps the SWAF is mismatched with the sim? Maybe it is time for her to shuffle off this mortal coil. Tongue

Let me know if this happens to more than one of your sims. If it does, perhaps you should try removing the hack and forcing rerolls to see if you get weird wants without the hack in place. If the problem occurs without the hack in place, it could be a bigger, underlying problem with your SWAFs. However,  I wouldn't be able to guarantee that the corruption wasn't caused by the hack in the first place Sad but I'm not sure why it would be the cause. However... if these weird wants don't show up at all without the hack in place, that probably is a sign that the hack is the problem. Perhaps you can try redownloading it in case the package got corrupted somehow.

Ste

SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Testers Wanted: Teen Enabled Adult Wants - Random Flirts Ver. (Updated 6/5/2006)
« Reply #44 on: 2006 June 14, 12:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any chance that Teen Enabled Adults wants could be conflicting with the University version of phonehack?

My sims have developed an anomaly that I'm trying to figure out: When they get an incoming call, or call another sim, they just stand there holding the phone without talking. 

The only reason for suspecting this hack is that I first noticed the telephone problem some time after installing Teen Enabled Adult Wants.  (I really should keep better records.  Silly me.)
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2006 June 14, 14:06:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see how that would be possible. This hack does not modify anything that has to do with phones, at least not that I am aware of. Unless phonecalls trigger the rolling of wants? Tongue I have seen issues before with the loss of animations while sims were talking on the phone. But that was back in Uni and NL. That was supposedly fixed. When your sim is standing there, do they get a relationship boost at all with the sim on the other line? Do you hear voices but there are no animations? If so, it sounds like the old animation problem. Or does the sim just hold the phone and nothing else happens? No relationship boost, no icon of other sim on the other line, no animations, no sound/voices? If so, that is something new to me.

What EPs do you have? Are you up to date with patches? Have you tried playing in debug mode to see if you get any errors? If so, post your error log(s), either here or in the Oops! I Broke It forum.

Ste

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 June 14, 14:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless phonecalls trigger the rolling of wants? Tongue

They could, if one of the wants is to talk, or talk to a particular person and that's the person who calls, or to be friends/best friends with that person.  Those are three instances I can think of off the top of my head.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Testers Wanted: Teen Enabled Adult Wants - Random Flirts Ver. (Updated 6/5/2006)
« Reply #47 on: 2006 June 14, 14:59:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or if a new person is met through a phonecall. Meeting new people can cause new wants to roll.
SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 June 17, 20:55:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see how that would be possible. This hack does not modify anything that has to do with phones, at least not that I am aware of. Unless phonecalls trigger the rolling of wants? Tongue I have seen issues before with the loss of animations while sims were talking on the phone. But that was back in Uni and NL. That was supposedly fixed. When your sim is standing there, do they get a relationship boost at all with the sim on the other line? Do you hear voices but there are no animations? If so, it sounds like the old animation problem. Or does the sim just hold the phone and nothing else happens? No relationship boost, no icon of other sim on the other line, no animations, no sound/voices? If so, that is something new to me.

What EPs do you have? Are you up to date with patches? Have you tried playing in debug mode to see if you get any errors? If so, post your error log(s), either here or in the Oops! I Broke It forum.

Ste

(Back after a busy week.)

I'm running just the base game + University.  (After uninstalling Nightlife some time ago.)  I have "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" in my startup file, but I'm not seeing any errors.  I think I'm update with all patches.

When attempting to have a conversation with another sim on the phone (any sim), they just stand there.  No animations.  No mood changes.  No relationship changes.  No sound.  All the other telephone actions seem to work fine.  I haven't seen any other anomalous behavior in interactions between sims.

Yeah, this is something I've not seen before either.  The only reason to wonder if this hack is involved is the timing of when I first noticed it, and I'm not sure that it started at the same time as installing this hack, so it we can conclude that they two are even related. 

I'm still mucking about in my downloads folder trying to figure out the anomaly.  It might be somehow related to the fact that an old version of the DMA Sims controller is showing up, though again what that would have to do with the telephone is anybody's guess.

I'm thinking that it might be related to the way a sim on the phone is sort-of-but-not-really present on the lot as a guest. 

I'll try it with phonehack temporarily removed and see that has an effect.
SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 June 18, 01:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I can say for sure that the telephone anomaly is not related to either teenenabledadultwants or phoneback.  I tried taking them both of my game, one at a time, and still get the same results.

I still have some sleuthing to do, but thanks for your help!  Knowing what it's not is a goodly portion of figuring out what it is!  Smiley

Oh... dear... what have I done to my game this time?  Shocked
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: