More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 12:34:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Ye Olde Simmes 2 Archives: Dead Creators
| |-+  Ye Olde Syberspunke Archives (Moderator: syberspunk)
| | |-+  Testers Wanted: Teen Enabled Adult Wants and Woohoo Wants (Updated 9/10/2007)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Testers Wanted: Teen Enabled Adult Wants and Woohoo Wants (Updated 9/10/2007)  (Read 178570 times)
AxelValentine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Testers Wanted: Teen Enabled Adult Wants And Woohoo Wants (Updated 6/27/2006)
« Reply #75 on: 2006 September 25, 21:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was told by the InSIM people to come here for this question, so here goes.
I just downloaded (before I registered) this hack.  It must've done something to my game in particular, because suddenly children, teens, and adults, I haven't looked at toddlers yet, only have the want to tell a dirty joke to people they barely even know.  My sims will soon be in the red save for a few of them have regular wants that I've locked and those'll change as soon as they've been fulfilled.
I know it says to back-up the files and everything and I was sure I had.  Turns out I've only backed-up a few things and wants wasn't one of them. Embarrassed
Anyone think they have an answer?  I'm on a Macintosh with two accounts and the other account even has this problem, though it's only downloaded on the one account.
If you can, I'd prefer an e-mail or PM if possible.  Thanks for any and all help!!
syberspunk
Heretic

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted: Teen Enabled Adult Wants And Woohoo Wants (Updated 6/27/2006
« Reply #76 on: 2006 September 25, 21:28:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, first which EPs do you have? I think that this won't work for people who do not have OFB/FFS. Although not nearly enough people who DO NOT have OFB/FFS have reported so. *shrugs* So I can't say one way or the other whether or not the woohoo wants for teens works or does NOT work for people who have older versions of the game.

If you have not backed up the appropriate files, what you can do is, use the disc for the latest expansion/stuff pack that you have. Use your browser to explore the disc. There should be a file called 'compressed.zip' or something like that. I'm not sure about macs but I would assume it would be similar. Then go to TSData\Res

There should be a Wants folder. Copy the Wants folder into the folder in your computer, wherever your Sims stuff is stored. On WindowsXP, if you have OFB for example, it would usually be:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSData\Res

Just overwrite the Wants folder with the one from your disc. And this should theoreticaly restore things properly. If not... then I'm afraid you will have to revert back to a backup of your Neighborhoods, which hopefully you made one Tongue, from BEFORE you installed the woohoo wants for teens hack. If you do not have a backup of your neighborhood before you installed the hack, then I'm afraid I can't help you.

If... for some reason you do not have your disc Roll Eyes and need a copy of the original Wants folder, I can probably upload a copy of the original files. Just let me know which is the latest EP/SP that you have.

Additionally... I vaguely recall someone else having this problem as well, and they were also on a mac I think... unless that person was also you. Lol. I'll have to check the other thread over at MTS2. It might be mac related? Or it might be the fact that you have an older version of the game, and the woohoo wants don't work for pre-OFB/FFS.

I prefer communication via the thread, that way other people/users are aware of problems, and if they run into a similar situation, they will hopefully have an answer or will be better equiped to report their problem(s).

Ste

PS. The reason both your accounts will be affected is because this type of hack (the woohoo wants part, not the regular adult wants) alters core game files, which will affect all accounts on your computer.

AxelValentine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Testers Wanted: Teen Enabled Adult Wants And Woohoo Wants (Updated 6/27/2006)
« Reply #77 on: 2006 September 26, 01:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I had read on that first post that it should be compatible with the base game so that's why I tested it out.  That's all I have since no stores but the online ones carry Mac EPs.
And it's worked...Thanks a bunch!  Just had to copy and paste it off the disk.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted: Teen Enabled Adult Wants And Woohoo Wants (Updated 6/27/2006
« Reply #78 on: 2006 September 26, 05:01:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I had read on that first post that it should be compatible with the base game so that's why I tested it out.  That's all I have since no stores but the online ones carry Mac EPs.
And it's worked...Thanks a bunch!  Just had to copy and paste it off the disk.

There are two hacks here. One is the Woohoo wants, and one is generic "adult" wants. The generic "adult" wants probably works with the basegame. I don't see why it shouldn't. I think someone over at MTS2 who only has the basegame stated that it works for them. These "adult" wants pretty much should include all romantic related wants, and basically the hack should enable them to show up between teens and their adult partners, or vice-versa.

The only exception is the "woohoo" wants. This is because there are additional checks for woohoo wants, which is found in the core files, outside of the object code. Thus, the only way to enable woohoo wants for teens is to hack the core files. It appears that this hack does not seem to work for basegame users, and it might possibly only work for OFB/FFS users.

Anyways, in the very least, I am glad you were able to restore your files and fix your game.

Ste

KevinTMC
Lipless Loser

Official THANG and Insular Person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: 2006 September 26, 05:48:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been running this hack in my game (PC version, Uni+NL only) and just the other day had two (adult) sims go on a big "Dirty Joke" jag. It was right when I started a new play session, and loaded up a household with two sisters in it. They kept rolling up wants to tell dirty jokes to each other...over and over and over again.

By the time they'd both had a good night's sleep, this went away. No other ill effects noticed. It's only happened the once so far.

I didn't suspect that this might possibly be related to your hack, but if I see anything else odd involving wants in my game, I'll report back. If it'd be useful.

I am a compulsive post-editor. Any and all of the above is subject to change, within the first 15 minutes or so after it is posted. (Or longer, if I'm trying to make it funny.)
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted: Teen Enabled Adult Wants (Updated 10/20/2006)
« Reply #80 on: 2006 October 20, 23:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Due to size contraints for attachments, I was forced to remove the Teen Woohoo wants mod. That hack will remain hosted on MTS2 for now. I still have to update it anyways. A pets compatible version is now available. It should still be backwards compatible for all other configurations. If you don't have Pets, you don't have to update.

Ste
« Last Edit: 2006 October 22, 05:07:11 by syberspunk » Logged

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2006 October 22, 17:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

its nice to see these are updated, but sadly jenflowers mod wont be updated until AFTER inteen....unless....someone else has taken on updating it that I am oblivous to.

PFFFT!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2006 October 23, 04:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what Jase told me too.  Sad  He said there wasn't much to change, though. 
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted: Teen Enabled Adult Wants and Woohoo Wants (Updated 10/24/200
« Reply #83 on: 2006 October 25, 02:20:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have uploaded a PETS version of the Teen Enabled Woohoo Wants hack. This version definitely needs testing. Please try it out and report back if you have any problems. I just updated code, but I have not had a chance to test it myself. So please try it out and let me know if it works or not. There wasn't really any new woohoo related wants. If you have PETS, you MUST use the new version.

FYI: Duh... I just realized, you won't really be able to test this until Woohoo Teens or InTeenimater is working with Pets. So I guess we'll all have to be patient. Tongue

Ste
« Last Edit: 2006 October 25, 02:41:27 by syberspunk » Logged

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Testers Wanted: Teen Enabled Adult Wants and Woohoo Wants (Updated 10/24/2006)
« Reply #84 on: 2006 October 25, 05:49:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* rainbow is patiently waiting for Woohoo for Teens to be updated for Pets.  Tongue
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Testers Wanted: Teen Enabled Adult Wants and Woohoo Wants (Updated 10/24/2006)
« Reply #85 on: 2006 October 25, 06:49:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FYI: Duh... I just realized, you won't really be able to test this until Woohoo Teens or InTeenimater is working with Pets. So I guess we'll all have to be patient. Tongue

Ste

When I saw this thread I thought Yea I can have wants back when my teens to wo... Then I realized that can't happen, yet. Darn, I need inteen.
There sure is a lot of preasure on Jase right now, he controls both teen woohoo mods right now.

Or I could be totally wrong...
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2006 October 25, 07:30:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I read the documentation right, teens can woohoo with TJ's ACR (no pregnancy).
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: Testers Wanted: Teen Enabled Adult Wants and Woohoo Wants (Updated 10/24/200
« Reply #87 on: 2006 October 25, 07:32:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They can and will, autonomously.  Grin

syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: 2006 October 25, 08:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh. Right! Duh! Roll Eyes Why didn't I think of that. Heh. It's just that I play with Teen Woohoo all the time, that I forget Casual Woohoo also adds that in. Heheh. Silly me. So I guess you can still test this out and let me know whether it's ok or not. It should be, but my eyes were glazing over and my brain started to turn into mush while I was redoing it, pretty much from scratch. Tongue It involved a lot of cutting and pasting, so it would help to check it, just in case I fracked something up. I had to restart like 3 or 4 times because I lost my place and couldn't remember which was the last want tree that I updated. Tongue I'm fairly certain I got it right the last time. Heh. Grin

Ste

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2006 October 25, 15:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is true, but I also like to have my YAs be able to be romatically involved with teens sometimes.  Does ACR allow that or no?  I have TJ's hack which allows teens to keep loves when transitioning.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2006 October 31, 01:34:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is true, but I also like to have my YAs be able to be romantically involved with teens sometimes.  Does ACR allow that or no?  I have TJ's hack which allows teens to keep loves when transitioning.

Yea, it does -- I've had uni students make booty calls to their still-teen lovers, and vice versa, and it all works fine.  I can live without Woohoo Teens for now (just bought Pets today), since ACR covers the same ground.  And does it better to boot. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2006 October 31, 01:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great to hear, jsalemi, thanks for answering!  Smiley
ilikefishfood
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2006 November 14, 20:34:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Syberspunk, the readme file says to install this to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Open for Business\TSData\Res\Wants is that right for Pets? Should we still be installing to OFB wants or to the "Wants" subfolder in the Pets folder?

"Chaos, panic, disorder; my work here is done."
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2006 November 14, 20:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That path is true for OFB only.
Always use the path of your *last* install.

If your last XP/SP is Glamour, use the Glamour path. For Family Fun, use the FFS path. And for Pets, use the Pets path.

Other paths are not read by the game.
ilikefishfood
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2006 November 14, 21:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That path is true for OFB only.
Always use the path of your *last* install.

If your last XP/SP is Glamour, use the Glamour path. For Family Fun, use the FFS path. And for Pets, use the Pets path.

Other paths are not read by the game.

Cool!  Thanks, that's what I thought, but I wanted to be absolutely sure.  Thanks again!

"Chaos, panic, disorder; my work here is done."
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: 2006 November 16, 01:16:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry about that. I sometimes forget to update the rtfm. I guess I'll do that now. Tongue

Ste

trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2007 May 25, 16:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is this working with seasons?
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: 2007 May 25, 16:57:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Depends on which hack you are talking about.  The teenenabledadultwants should work with Seasons.

I also updated the  teenenabledwoohoowants core file hack thingy.  I recently made a Celebrations! Stuff Pack version, since apparently the frankenbuild you get from installing Celebrations! Stuff results in the seasons version not working. Tongue

I redid it from scratch basically.  Hopefully it is a neater, cleaner version.  I have been meaning to go back and redo Seasons, Pets, OFB (and I guess FFS and GLS), as well as make versions for NL, Uni, and the basegame.  I've just been too lazy about it.

It will happen... eventually. Tongue

Ste

trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2007 May 25, 17:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, now im completely confused ;-)
I have all expantion packs. Where do I find diferend versions of this mod? Wich do I use? And where do I put it? (first it says it does not work in the downloads folder, later on it says i should put it in the downloads folder).
*looks helpless* ;-)
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: 2007 May 25, 18:28:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for the confusion.  Ok, I edited the first post so the link is there.  I think when I updated the first post the last time, I must have removed the link by accident.  You have to go MTS2 to download the proper version here.

The seasons version probably works ok.  But I want to redo it anyways so I can be sure it's relatively "clean" and that I didn't edit anything unnecessarily.  If you have the Celebration! Stuff Pack, then use that version.  It should be fine, cuz I redid that totally from scratch.

Ste

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: