More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 13:07:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  alien default skins ?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: alien default skins ?  (Read 3517 times)
holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
alien default skins ?
« on: 2006 May 31, 11:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hello ive installed an alien default replacement skin . and ive been playing for a while and noticed that non of my alien babies have the alien eyes , at the moment i dont have any custom eyes in my game so i know its not the gentic thing ,

but im sure i read somwhere that u carnt have the eyes without the skintone , does this include default replacements ?

sorry if im not making sense as i only have a vauge idea what im talking about
Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: alien default skins ?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 31, 11:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I'm aware, eyes and skintone are passed on separately to the next generation. My alien had a child with a human and the child kept both the eyes and the skin colour. The next generation lost the skintone, but kept the eyes. Three generations on, and the eyes are still there. My guess is your first generation bred the eyes out.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 31, 11:42:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The trick with "alien" eyes is that the alien eye is actually a not-eye. This is why humans cannot inherit the alien-eye: When they do, they just get the eye imprinted onto the skintone itself, which tends to be brown and Maxian. You would need to get an alien-default-replacement eye that is actually black, not merely null-alpha, for it to work.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 31, 11:55:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do your older aliens have alien eyes?  I just wondered because some of the alien skins you can download have normal eyes, so perhaps you're using one of those?

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 31, 12:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i think jm has the answer there , and i dont have any older aliens . i just reinstalled yesterday and spent the morning giving birth to baby aliens cause it was irrating me , i guess the only question now is where do i get default replacement eyes
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 31, 13:26:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use a default replacement alien skintone (the one made from Louis's green tone), and it hasn't affected the eyes at all for me. I get a mix of alien eyes and human eyes on my kids from abduction just like normal.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
DoomPuppy
Blathering Buffoon

.::devil's little sister::.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 31, 14:04:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i think jm has the answer there , and i dont have any older aliens . i just reinstalled yesterday and spent the morning giving birth to baby aliens cause it was irrating me , i guess the only question now is where do i get default replacement eyes

The only default replacement eyes I've seen are enayla's at MTS2 (http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=126880&highlight=default+enayla) kinda purple and wicked looking Tongue
« Last Edit: 2006 May 31, 15:29:52 by BlueSoup » Logged

"Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: