More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:40:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  When do they whine?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: When do they whine?  (Read 14684 times)
dadditude
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
When do they whine?
« on: 2006 May 30, 09:02:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, this is probably a strange question, but I'm gonna ask it anyway, because I need to know.

At what point (from -100 to 100) does a sim first complain about low bladder motive without any mods in place to prevent such complaints?

Also, what personality points cause the fastest drain on the bladder motive? I'm guessing lazy slobs would be worst. Is that right?
« Last Edit: 2006 May 30, 09:08:25 by dadditude » Logged

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend;
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: When do they whine?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 30, 09:07:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Round about the same time you would, is my guess!

Zephyr Zodiac
dadditude
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 30, 09:10:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL! You don't know me very well, then... I'm such a couch/mouse potato that I usually wait 'til my bladder bar's about to burst before I take care of the problem... But then again, that's probably more information than you wanted to know!

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend;
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 30, 09:26:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I think that's about the same for sims.

Zephyr Zodiac
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 30, 13:18:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I think that's about the same for sims.
I'll bet Sims don't have to worry about sneezing.. Cheesy
P.S.  Nice to see you again ZZ!

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 30, 13:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if they have flu or a cold, they do!  And the reach bladder critical VERY quickly when they're ill!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 30, 14:02:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At what point (from -100 to 100) does a sim first complain about low bladder motive without any mods in place to prevent such complaints?
Methinks it's -60, but it might be -40.

Also, what personality points cause the fastest drain on the bladder motive? I'm guessing lazy slobs would be worst. Is that right?
Amazingly enough, sims of an age category all of equivalently-sized bladders, and no normal sim's bladder motive has a faster drain rate than any other.

Kinda unrealistic, given that we all know some people have puny walnut-sized bladders that run the risk of an accident if they try to hold it longer than 2 hours, whereas others of us have long-range tanks the size of Texas or even Alaska, and can last without any discomfort for over a day, then piss like a horse. I, for instance, can hold over a two-liter bottle's worth. Not bad, at 66. I have nothing in common with Sim-elders in that respect.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 30, 14:09:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing at all, it seems!  Wish I could say the same!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 30, 14:34:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing at all, it seems!  Wish I could say the same!
It's all about eating raw meat. Eating raw meat makes you tough and hard.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 30, 16:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Either that or you get worms!

Zephyr Zodiac
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 01, 08:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my sims will annoyingly not interrupt what they are doing until they are almost at the complete red end of their bar.  then they will waste time whining about it they should spend running to the head.  ive had a couple pee the floor because they used what little time they had whining instead of running...  but others make it to the head in time.    i think the whole whining thing is stupid if there is some way to achieve their need they should just do that.  whining should be reserved for hungry but no food in refrig, or bathroom full...

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 01, 11:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thing that used to annoy me most was how the maid would stand outside the bathroom and complain!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 01, 11:13:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THe extended wave-and-whine set tends to be bad. Try combining the effects of "lesswhiny" with "dontwaveatme". And also use Macros.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 01, 11:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I, for instance, can hold over a two-liter bottle's worth. Not bad, at 66. I have nothing in common with Sim-elders in that respect.
JM casually slipping his age in there?  Seems a bit strange, does that. 

As for my bladder, I am forever on the toilet, but it's nothing to do with being a wuss.  Drinking lots of coffee doesn't help of course, but in the main it was caused by childbirth (having 5 babies may not affect a Sim bladder, but it definitely affects a human one) and I therefore cannot take responsibility for the resultant weakening of my waterwork system. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 01, 12:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient, I never had any babies, but I did have two gynae ops, and I've had a problem ever since the second one!  Consequently, I don't know any more what it is to oversleep!

Zephyr Zodiac
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 01, 19:40:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have just about every pescado hack running and they still whine too much.  im wondering if im using the macrostatistics right.

Life is tough.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 01, 19:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine almost never whine!  (But then I cheat!)

Zephyr Zodiac
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 June 01, 20:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have this real low tolerance for whining (unless im doing it).   if one of mine yawns in a days play i get irritated.

Life is tough.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 June 01, 20:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I absolutely hate that "Um-diddley-ah hum" noise that Cassandra goth and her ilk are always making.

Zephyr Zodiac
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 June 01, 20:27:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i hadnt noticed it before but you now i'll notice and it will bother me too!

Life is tough.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 June 01, 20:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She frequently does a yawning action with her hand too!  Maddening when she's just eaten a plate of turkey, spent three hours before that playing the piano, having a nice bubble bath and is generally well-fed, clean and happy!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 June 01, 21:08:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but oddly, being clean, well fed, and happy is, strangely enough, boring, to sims. This is because rather than having a desire to alleviate boredom, like real people do, sims have a "fun" motive. As opposed to in real life, where if you're spending most of your time struggling to survive, at least you won't be BORED. Realistically, what sims should have instead is a "Boredom" motive, that decreases whenever a sim has nothing to do. What a sim is doing is less important than the fact that he's doing something, or else he will become bored. Because real people don't need "Fun", they just want to not be bored, which is solved by doing anything, even if that thing involves fleeing for their lives from a pack of hungry cannibals.

verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 June 01, 21:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well i had to work my way up from minimum wage with medical problems and i'll agree there wasnt much time to be bored.  but i notice that people that have always been well fed, housed, medicined and so forth seem to be very bored.  they get incensed over incredibly trivial stuff.   i had a roomate go on for two days because someone left a cigarette butt near the garage on the street.  they start imagining all sorts of slights...  maybe we need a hack for meaner sims to alieviate their boredeom by arguing with their families until finally they get kicked out and start wandring the com lots like crumpleton.  a nice sim would run around encouraging and admiring others...

Life is tough.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 June 01, 21:24:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd just like a mod that lets your sims throw out someone other than a partner!  then they could throw out a really awkward teen or a troublemaking old aunt!

Zephyr Zodiac
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 June 01, 21:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there was a hack to make a teen runaway, i think it appeared as a drawing man statue.   it would be funny if enough of your family hates you that it forces them to move out!   you'd have to make amends and bring scores up to come back home!

Life is tough.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: