More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 11:25:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Grim Reaper Outfit
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Grim Reaper Outfit  (Read 6001 times)
vega_pleiades
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Grim Reaper Outfit
« on: 2006 June 01, 07:51:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I'd like to have the Grim Reaper outfit for a story I'm working on, but I have absolutely no idea how to unlock it so it can be used in CAS. Does anyone know where to find it for download? I checked MTS2, but their search engine fills me with a terrible rage.

Help please.

edit: typo fix
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Grim Reaper Outfit
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 01, 07:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

did you try having testingcheatsenabled true  on,  and then hitting shift-n in CAS to unlock the special stuff?

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
vega_pleiades
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 01, 07:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason, boolprop never works for me. Perhaps I suck at doing stuff.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 01, 08:01:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

make sure the spelling is exactly right.  i actually alias all this stuff in my config file  so i dont have to worry about it.   it needs to be called userStartup.cheat and in there so far i have:

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#     alias         real command                                    brief help                         full help
#     ------------- ----------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------- --------------------------------
alias exit hide                  "hide window"      "Hide the cheat console window"
alias x    expand               "*Expand window"   "Hide the cheat console window"
alias h    help                  "Show help"             "Show the cheat help"
alias ?    help                "Show help"             "Show the cheat help"
alias v4   "intprop maxnumofvisitingsims 4"      "4 visitors"      "Gives four visitors"
alias v6   "intprop maxnumofvisitingsims 6"      "6 visitors"      "Gives six visitors"
alias v8   "intprop maxnumofvisitingsims 8"      "8 visitors"      "Gives twelve visitors"
alias bp+  "boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true"      "boolprop on"           "starts testing cheats"
alias bp-  "boolprop testingCheatsEnabled False"   "boolprop off"          "starts testing cheats"
alias mo+  "moveobjects on"            ""         ""
alias mo-  "moveobjects off"            ""         ""
alias sg+  "boolprop snapobjectstogrid true"      ""         ""
alias sg-  "boolprop snapobjectstogrid false"      ""         ""
alias ao+  "aging on"               ""         ""
alias ao-  "aging off"               ""         ""
alias ml   "motherlode"               ""         ""
alias kc   "kaching"               ""         ""
alias zr   "changelotzoning residential"      ""         ""
alias zd   "changelotzoning dorm"         ""         ""
alias zc   "changelotzoning community"         ""         ""
alias zs   "changelotzoning secretsociety"      ""         ""
alias zg   "changelotzoning greek"          ""         ""
alias 45-  "boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation false" ""         ""
alias 45+  "boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true"   ""         ""
alias f10  "setHighestAllowedLevel 10"         ""         ""
alias md+  "boolProp dormspecifictoolsdisabled true"    "dorm mod on"      "modify existing dorms on"
alias md-  "boolProp dormspecifictoolsdisabled false"   "dorm mod off"       "modify existing dorms off"
alias fe+  "boolprop constrainFloorElevation true"      ""                      ""
alias fe-  "boolprop constrainFloorElevation false"      ""                      ""
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bp+
floatProp tvVolume 0.2
sg+
v4
v6
v8
f10
md+
unlockCareerRewards
agesimscheat on
boolprop allObjectLightsOn true
vsync on
#terraintype (neighborhood) desert temperate concrete
boolprop locktiles true
#familyfunds NAME XXXX
#selectd sim  unlockCareerRewards
# aspirationLevel [0-5]     (for selected sim)

so i just type bp+ into the cheat bar and im on my way.  its a lot easier to change snapgrid using sg- and sg+ as well.

Life is tough.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 01, 08:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought Morague had done this?  If my memory is correct, try looking at VS.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 01, 08:07:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i stole the original stuff from somewhere on modthesims2,  long long ago when the sims2 was  new.   but i've added about 80% of that myself.    i dont think the original used all the three character abbriations either.   making most things abbr with the +/-  to turn on and off was also mine

Life is tough.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 01, 08:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I meant Morague had done the grim reaper outfit at VS.

I couldn't care who was responsible for what regarding startup files.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 01, 08:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

shrug.  i have a copy of the outfit someplace because there was a grim reaper in a house on the maxis site  that had him there,  i got the outfit with the lei on it.  so im not sure if its part of the testingcheats enabled package or from when ive downloaded it.  that grimmy had an inheritable grim head too, but it kinda got lost with expansions and it went to some neutral face. 

Life is tough.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 01, 08:45:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

with testing cheats enabled on you can use shiftn to get to most of the costume stuff, it was written there.   but the user had trouble getting them to work so i gave them the configuration file i use so i dont have to remember how to type in the cheats correctly.   since it turn it on at the start of the game as well i dont have that tiresome job of remembering to type it in in the neighborhood before entering a house or having to exist the house and come back in the get them working.  i THINK  then it shows uip in CAS but im not sure because i have a grimmy costume from a house download from long ago.  all together now?

Life is tough.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 01, 09:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

your point is what?  is your page down key broken?   someone might have wanted to steal it.  if not, pescado can send me a bill for the nanosecond extra it took in web time to transmit and the whole 2K extra characters.

Life is tough.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 01, 09:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Blue breaks it up.

Hey kmlough, I'm glad you made it here and I still need to look at the rest of your buglist.  Smiley (gilmorefan here).
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

brainless piece of sack of fruitcakes

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 01, 10:43:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't help with the Reaper outfit, but I wanted to say that I thought the aliasing thing was neat. Didn't know about it before. *steals*

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 01, 11:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that discussing problems thoroughly, coming up with creative ways to resolve issues and sharing game hints and techniques is exactly what MATY is all about.

Personally I prefer an anarchic MATY, that's what brought me here, not people controlling threads or conversations.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 01, 12:13:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can find the Grim reaper outfit (with ot without the lei) & invisible hair at

http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=2140

verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 01, 19:25:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hey gilmorefan, so you are the blue soup!

well its a game, so nothing we do here is actually NECESSARY.

didnt know you guys up here knew about my buglist at maxis.  its actually half the size it was bedore.  my mission now is to figure out whats really left and shame them into fixing more of the bugs if possible, or at least get fixes or workarounds for the rest.  i have to run the new list through awk,  but i think we have something like 90% of them with fixes or workarounds.     i mean, hello, if pescado or twojeffs has already fixed it, why cant they?   but its getting real confusing with maxis thinking they fixed a problem, but they just lessened it,  and maybe its still happening,  and sometimes coding in a fix to one thing fixes something else and people are still reporting bugs when they havent installed the patches yet..  which you know, being a programmer its not that hard to make a single superpatch that reads your config and installs whatever patches you have the software for.  i had a backup software installation program that did that.

Life is tough.
vega_pleiades
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 01, 22:27:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

muchos thanks, I finally got boolprop to work. Smiley
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 02, 03:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason I saw a Grim Reaper Sim on the Exchange on thesims2.com.  I'm not quite sure I'd trust it though.  It even has the hula lei.   Roll Eyes

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 June 02, 04:39:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason I saw a Grim Reaper Sim on the Exchange on thesims2.com.  I'm not quite sure I'd trust it though.  It even has the hula lei.   Roll Eyes

There are probably quite a few, and they should be mainly either SimPE-extracted or constructed by way of debug mode or Morague's stuff. Not really all that likely to be anything wrong with it -- it's just a Sim that looks like the in-game reaper, that's all. I picked one up myself so that when I wanted to use it I wouldn't have to assemble all the pieces myself in CAS.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 June 02, 05:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey KM ! (Ohbloody4 BBS)

Axe murdered since 2006
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: