More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 09:38:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bad Environment Score?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bad Environment Score?  (Read 13805 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Bad Environment Score?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 June 01, 20:34:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good for those sims who are too busy to entertain!

Zephyr Zodiac
gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 June 01, 20:38:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes they don't like change, especially if you are making a room smaller!  But I have no idea about the black blobs, although I'd suggest removing any furniture underneath them to see if they move with the furniture.  If so, then sell the furniture and buy new, if not, the you could try the stuck object remover.

Although I made the house smaller, the kitchen didn't change size.  It was basically that I needed to reposition the door to the living room because of changes there.  All I did to the kitchen was move things into different positions. And replace the plain back door with a sliding one.

The blobs started out large, but shrunk and vanished within a few seconds.  If I hadn't been looking right there when I went live, I would have missed them completely.  They moved around kind of like the flies do.  At first I assumed they were hugely magnified flies due to some sort of graphics glitch.  It was only after I noticed the kitchen now had a bad environment score that I wondered if there was any connection.  Also, they tickled a memory I can't quite put my finger on.

Oh well, it's really just curiosity at this point.  The environment score for the kitchen is slowly rising and, as far as I can tell, the blobs are gone.

Now playing: UNI, NL, OFB, & Pets
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 June 01, 20:41:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i wish i had an idea on the blobs but i never heard of them before.   hm, its tickling an old memory of a classic star trek memory where these blobs were haning in the dark parts of the alien city and one of the attached to spocks  and they had to irradiate him to get it to let go and he was blind for awhile..   maybe some bright lights are in order.   those blobs didnt like the light?  (yes im well aware im crazy)

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 June 01, 20:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have plants outside the window?

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 June 01, 23:01:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maybe it would be easier to add a bribe interface so you can just write the headmaster a check  even though you are a slob?   the worse your house the more money you have to spend?

Well, the insimenator has an option to just add kids and teens to private school, which comes in pretty handy. After going through the headmaster thing once or twice, it gets pretty boring, so one click to add kids to private school, and another with the testing cheats on to fulfill the want, and you're good to go. Smiley

With Pescado's private school hack that charges tuition, it's still only well-off families that can send kids to private school. It's just less boring to do so. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 June 01, 23:23:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Might make more sense if they didn't still all travel on the same school bus!

Zephyr Zodiac
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 June 01, 23:41:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sure but they have problems with too many cars on the same lot so if they fixed it, they'd break more

Life is tough.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 June 01, 23:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, but if all the kids in the family go to private school, then they could have a different bus - or what about a taxi?

Zephyr Zodiac
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 June 02, 00:03:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay yeah, if all the kids went to private school it should be a blue bus, whatever the color of their uniforms are.   come to think of it, kids should be able to take a bus to a community lot so they can meet other children...  its really hard to find friends for my kids.

Life is tough.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 June 02, 00:16:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, teens can take them, I think - at least they used to.

Zephyr Zodiac
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 June 02, 00:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, i have a teen center community lot (everything else blocked by twojeffs lady in red paintings).    now i need a way for my children to get to a commity playground to meet other children.

Life is tough.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 June 02, 00:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, once you get one there, you can teleport others in, or you could get one of your sims to open a playground as a business, ban all but kids and teleport kids in.  But the business will never make any money because kids can't spend it!  Maybe they'll make a Vacation type EP with the kids clothing racks and stuff!

Zephyr Zodiac
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 June 02, 00:32:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah i summon kids in now with the insiminator, but the first families always get used because im lazy.   now in the regular community lots with ts2 plain you did get kids in the community lot, although your own couldnt go there.   maybe we could have a hack where 'someones dad'  takes you, just converting the taxi and male driver to a standard car,  or get a toddler day care van show up and pick up the toddlers now and then so mom could sleep. 

Life is tough.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 June 02, 00:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I would imagine if you used the sitter hack that the sitter could take them - I'll have to try it out!

Zephyr Zodiac
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 June 02, 00:43:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, must test.  i have all sorts of new ideas to check out now.

totally off the subject, i think if there is a really annoying family member you should be able to try and drown them in the toilet or fishtank...  im tired of those sissy fights they have,  how picking up the scissors ad going for them?

Life is tough.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 June 02, 01:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can always take the pool ladder out!  I did that to Angela once - but you have to put up with the water dripping all over the house!

Zephyr Zodiac
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 June 02, 01:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i'ved drowned people,  walled people off. and set them on fire.  in fact in my bluewater area i had the geike guy buy the electroncis store ad he thought it would be neat to put the firepots out.   well he set himself on fire walking too close to one and the store was inherited by a customer...  who then went and bought back his house and raised him back to a zombie and lets him wait on customers.  but you have to fake all those deaths, i think there should be a chance that in the fighting ball with someone you could hit a critical and end up killing them.  THAT would spice the game up, eh?

Life is tough.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 June 02, 01:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As Maxis will keep insisting, The sims is a game about LIFE!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: